Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unlawful tactics of war

Bendy

What would you say are unlawful tactics of war in a less peaceful parallel universe of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic?

Let's just say for example there was great war a two thousand years ago started by evil a Alicron named Durlag, he was a Pony supremacist that wanted only Ponies to exist and all the other sapient races to die. He gained many followers, he enslaved their minds to do his bidding. 

After a battle Durlag would perform necromancy on the dead soldiers and civilians of a non Pony race like the griffons, or Ponies whom were fighting to save the other non Pony races. After which he would use their dead as zombie shock troops to strike fear into his foes.

Conversion Potion, at some point Durlag made a potion if thrown at a non Pony sapient, it would change their body into Pony, smile all the time, and make them a mindless slave to his will. This kind of weapon would be awful, it basically turns them into zombies that are called Newfoals. That's one of the main reasons a lot of people hate The Conversion Bureau.

Using children as soldiers like zombies/Newfoals, enough said. 

Abusive control of the orbit of the sun, (Hey parallel universe!) using the sun not to shine on certain places of the planet to starve and freeze to death your enemies. This would affect the wildlife too, effectively causing a mass extinction.

Sacking a city. Durlag would spare no one when he took a city. He would kill everyone, he viewed mercy as a trait of the weak. He takes no prisoners.

Would you say they are unlawful tactics of war? Any others?

Edited by Rush

Equestria has no Geneva convention. Hence, there are no unlawful tactics of war in Equestria.
Civilized countries have a greater moral foundation than barbaric countries. That is the only thing that will govern how a country acts in war.

Hitler and Stalin are proof that even civilized countries can act barbaric.

• Brohoof 2

Equestria has no Geneva convention. Hence, there are no unlawful tactics of war in Equestria.

Civilized countries have a greater moral foundation than barbaric countries. That is the only thing that will govern how a country acts in war.

Hitler and Stalin are proof that even civilized countries can act barbaric.

But they probably made an equivalent to the Geneva Conventions. There should be a limit to what you can and can not do during war, and I believe in a modern world they should already have dealt with that.

The basic ones:

- Don't fire at civilians and anyone not involved in war, and do not use them as hostages

- Don't fire at anything not involved in the war or "protected" aircraft and ships, such as the Red Cross or UN. (I'm just using them as reference.)

- Don't feign surrender.

- Treat prisoners of war in a humane matter.

- Don't fire at life rafts or ejected pilots from aircraft, unless provoked.

• Brohoof 1

They all sound kinda unlawful to me. Pretty cruel. Of course in a universe with magic its hard to say i guess.

I would think necromancy would be forbidden as it is in most places in most universes.

But if they simply weren't concerned with following lawful tactics of war it wouldn't matter.

Idk really, not like we get any real insight into how war works in Equestria.

But they probably made an equivalent to the Geneva Conventions. There should be a limit to what you can and can not do during war, and I believe in a modern world they should already have dealt with that.

I'm not willing to speak for cannon Equestria. Nor am I willing to assume that an equivalent document exists. Europe with "civilized" for centuries and fought without a convention. The points you listed were understood, but no one held them accountable.

The problem is this: Equestria seems to be a land without war for much of it's existence. In such isolation, there is no need for a Geneva Convention.

Edited by Silverhoof