Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)

Hei / BK-201 (Darker Than Black)

White (Tekkon Kinkreet)

Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

Saitama (One Punch Man)

Chiyo Mihama (Azumanga Daioh!)

Excel (Excel Saga)

Aisha Clan-Clan (Outlaw Star)

Yes, I realize I listed twelve; so sue me.

These are in no particular order. Although, I made a top 11 list.

:D

1. Kakashi Hatake (Naruto/Naruto Shippuden)
  2. Hidan (Naruto Shippuden)
  3. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto/Naruto Shippuden)
  4. Izaya Orihara (Durarara!)
  5. Dr. Stein (Soul Eater)
  6. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
  7. Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
  8. Gajeel Redfox (Fairy Tail)
  9. Yuichiro Hyakuya (Seraph of The End)
  10. Satan Jacob (The Devil is A Part-Timer!)
  11. Rin Matsuoka (Free!)

1. Monkey D. Luffy

Saitama

Shinichi Akiyama

Uzumaki Naruto

Hapsiel (a meme that never grows old)

Portgas D. Ace

Cory 

Yuri Shibuya

Detective Conan

Yugi Moto

Kilala - Inuyasha (SO CUTE)

Winry Rockbell -- Fullmetal Alchemist (NOT Brotherhood. I hate that show)

Belle Dandy - Ah! My Goddess

Kenji Harima - School Rumble

Spike Speigel - Cowboy Bebop

Kamina - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Keroberos - Cardcaptor Sakura

Yuko Ishihara - XXXHolic

Mugen - Samurai Champloo

Sesshomaru - Inuyasha

(edited)

My top ten anime characters, in no order, are:

1. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
2. Tsunayoshi Sawada (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

3. Konata Izumi (Lucky Star)

4. Naoki Ishida (Cardfight! Vanguard)

5. Mai Minakami (Nichijou)

6. Mio Naganohara (Nichijou)

7. Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)

8. Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

9. Homura Akemi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

10. Ippo Makunouchi (Hajime no Ippo)

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Light Yagami - Death Note

Armin Arlert - Attack on Titan

Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler

Hideyoshi Kinoshita - Baka and Test

Izana Shinatose - Knights of Sidonia

Kurapika - Hunter x Hunter

Crona - Soul Eater

Tomoko Kuruki - Watamote

Armstrong - Fullmetal Alchemist

Sakura - Cardcaptor Sakura

• Brohoof 1

In no particular order

1. Goku (Dragonball)

2. Vegeta (Dragonball Z)

3. Pein/Nagato (Naruto)

4. Izaya Orihara (Durarara)

5. L (Death Note)

6. America (Hetalia)

7. Jigen (Lupin The Third)

8. Lupin III (Lupin The Third)

9. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

10. Don Quixote Doflamingo (One Piece)

UMMM, are you trying to kill me? So yeah, let's do this! (In no particular order really..)

1. Sora Naegino - Kaleido Star (Will always be my one and only.)

2. Kobato Hanato - Kobato. 

3. Nagisa Furukawa - CLANNAD

4. Naruko Shoukichi - Yowamushi Pedal

5. Kyo Sohma - Fruits Basket

6. Ito Miura - W Juliet (It's a manga tho)

7. Kyoko Mogami - Skip Beat!

8. Kirishima Eijirou - Boku no Hero Academia

9. Chiyuki - Death Parade

10 . Sachika Fujinuma - Boku dake ga Inai Machi <- She's my wife.

UMMM, are you trying to kill me? So yeah, let's do this! (In no particular order really..)

1. Sora Naegino - Kaleido Star (Will always be my one and only.)

2. Kobato Hanato - Kobato. 

3. Nagisa Furukawa - CLANNAD

4. Naruko Shoukichi - Yowamushi Pedal

5. Kyo Sohma - Fruits Basket

6. Ito Miura - W Juliet (It's a manga tho)

7. Kyoko Mogami - Skip Beat!

8. Kirishima Eijirou - Boku no Hero Academia

9. Chiyuki - Death Parade

10 . Sachiko Fujinuma - Boku dake ga Inai Machi <- She's my wife.

1. Accelerator - A Certain Magical Index

2. Mikoto Misaka - A Certain Scientific Railgun

3. Touma Kamijou - A Certain Magical Index

4. Envy - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

5. Sora and Shiro - No Game No Life

6. L - Death Note

7. Ruiko Saten - A Certain Scientific Railgun

8. Kongou - Kantai Collection

9. Uryuu Minene - Future Diary

10. Edward Elric/Roy Mustang (couldn't decide) - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

In no particular order

Ueki (Law of Ueki)

Mako (Kill La Kill)

Zoro (One Piece)

Megumi (Shokugeki No Soma)

Yusei Fudo (Yu-Gi-Oh 5DS)

Saitama (OPM)

Gon Freecs (HxH)

Mikasa Ackerman (AoT)

Yukihira Soma (Shokugeki No Soma)

Nakiri Erina (Shokugeki No Soma)

ALRIGHT! Rules I will follow for my own list: I will not mention characters from the same series, I'll only use characters from anime I've watched several episodes or even the whole series of, and movies and video games count as anime for the purposes of the ones I chose, I don't think many of you will disagree with me saying Persona is more of an interactive anime than a game.

Number 10 (obscure as hell, and if anyone's seen this show, you get an internet cookie): Orphan

a pretty cool anime about a... well, an orphan sorcerer. The story has to do with a quest to restore the humanity of his once beloved friend, Azalie who has been transfigured into a terrifying dragon. The first season is pretty good (Sorcerous Stabber: Orphan) for the most part, but it has a really weird ending... like REALLY weird... Not like confusing or abstract weird, but like wanting to take a chemical shower after watching it weird... Also, the second season (Orphan: Revenge) messed this show up so bad, Dragonball GT got jealous

Number 9: Black Fog (Again, an obscure character, but not from an obscure series. I doubt many of you have heard of Black Fog, but I'm sure you've all heard of the Pokemon series, right?)

I had to pick something to represent pokemon, I mean, who doesn't like pokemon? But I wanted something to express the edgier side of pokemon, and for that, we have to turn to the manga. Enter Black Fog, a giant Haunter whom was worshiped as a god, but when humans stopped praising, he took to razing. Black fog devours human's souls with dream eater, and is even responsible for the death of Sabrina's pokemon when she was only a child. And to top it all off, Black Fog committed suicide to prevent being captured by ash in the end... Dark...

Nmber 8: Momoko Koigakubo (American Dub)

tumblr_n181pup3mO1tsbn0io1_500.png

Ghost Stories is an anime with a story behind it... It is a terrible anime... So bad, in fact, that they told the American dubbing team to go nuts with the script, and thus, the overly-zealous Christian soldier was created. I can't do her justice without just reciting her quotes, so please, just go watch the show. Anything that leaves this woman's mouth is hilarious, especially if you grew up in the church like I did... Just don't go watching this if you're easily offended, word of advice.

Number 7: Freddie Mercury

freddiejd8.jpg

WHAT?!?!?! Freddie Mercury is in an anime?!??!

Yes, yes he is. It's called "Cromartie Highschool" and its about a good kid who did one bad thing at the end of middle school and was sent to a highschool full of delinquents... Also attending the school is Freddie Mercury, a gorilla, and a robot. If you like non sequitur or shows like Bobobo-bobo-bobo, then this show is right up your alley. And speaking of Bobobo...

Number 6: Bobobo-Bobo-Bobo

53762-228675-YugiBoboboPNG-620x.jpg

I'm not even going to put a description, this picture speaks for itself

Number 5: Angemon

Alright! Now we're getting to the good ones! Despite looking like a bad DeviantArt OC, when this guy hit the scene, you knew some major flank was about to be kicked! I mean, the guy has a move where he opens a gate to hell which sucks in anyone wicked while sparing the righteous, and if that's not the definition of flippin' sweet, I don't know what is!

Number 4: Ginta Toramizu

1697521-wah2.jpg

As a bullied kid who used to always daydream of traveling to other worlds with fantastic adventures awaiting, this anime will always hold a special place in my heart. Ginta is from the anime MÄR (AKA Marchen Awakens Romance) and is... well, a bullied kid who daydreams of traveling to other worlds with fantastic adventures awaiting... Only one day, it actually happens... It's a little childish at times, but the show always has this kind of child-like aura of wonder and amazement to it... And a lot of the action sequences are actually pretty good in my opinion. Not all of them, but a pretty darn good amount of them. Which is important when a big part of the plot revolves around one of the whole "fighting tournament" tropes that we've seen in shows like Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball

Number 3: No Face

No-Face.jpg

You know who this is, I know who this is, we ALL know who this is... If you DON'T know who this is, stop what you're doing right now and watch Spirited Away right now... If you DO know who this is, however, stop what you're doing and watch Spirited Away right now.

The movie is a masterpiece, plain and simple, and no matter how many times I see it, I'll always want to see it again some time soon.

Number 2: Kanji Tatsumi

char_47468.jpg

It's not often that a game teaches you something about yourself, and Kanji here taught me the most of any of the crew in Persona 4.

To this day I haven't forgot what he told me, and that on that day I decided to live by what he said too

"So from now on I got two rules.

Rule one: Be myself

Rule two: Get people to understand me."

Being MtF trans, it is always difficult for me to actually express myself. As a result, I feel nobody understands me, but in the end, it's kind of my fault, isn't it? That's why I need those rules, so I never forget who I am, and so my friends don't forget either. It's funny, though, that I identify more with Kanji than Naoto, who was FtM trans (even if arguably, it was only to present a certain image for their line of work). but I feel like Kanji had been through more of my personal struggle than Naoto. He knows what it's like growing up as a man. Always having to act tough and grow a shell around yourself, never beign able to take part in the softer things in life... Well, as I helped him change all that in the game, he helped me change all that in real life. And if you don't see that as something beautiful, then I don't know what to tell you

And my number one anime character is....

Naota Nandaba

flcl__naota_by_rydin.jpg

Now Persona helped me with a lot, but FLCL helped me even more. Watching this show that's main message was "growing up is hard" during the point in time where you're just growing up, everything is flipped on its head, and the whole world has gone mad is just what I needed at the time. This show has gotten me through more dark times than anything else, and it was even the first self-aware glimpse I got as to who I really was. At the time, I thought I was just as much of a boy as anyone else. Sure I cried a lot more and was picked on for being different, but I never really thought I was into cute and cuddly. It was funny, because I looked so much like Naota growing up, and sure it was cool seeing Naota becoming a sort of superhero by controlling Canti, but I always kind of liked it more when he was in the more girly scenarios. Talking with Ninamori after class down by the subway entrance, sleeping on Haruko's Vespa while she was speeding across the beach, and who could forget those adorable cat ears? Like I said, I always used to daydream about running away from the bullies to some parallel world and becoming a super-hero or something. It was watching those softer moments of FLCL, though that made me realize "I don't want to run away from my problems and forget about them by being some hero, I just want to live a life where I can be accepted for wanting those softer things. I want to have deep conversations with friends like Naota and Ninamori, I want to have meaningful relationships like Naota and Haruko, I want to look cute, like Naota in those cat ears... If I could have that, I think I'd be satisfied with still being here on Earth."

I didn't exactly realize what all of that meant until much later, but FLCL was the force that got the ball rolling in the first place, and ended with me discovering my true, female, self.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I've only watched two anime, so I won't bother listing more than three. 

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto/Naruto Shippuden)

Genos (One Punch Man)

Itachi Uchiha (Naruto/Naruto Shippuden)

I find it interesting that everyone with characters from Naruto on their list have decided to include Itachi.

(edited)

I don't watch a lot of anime, but.

10. Yuzuru Otonashi (Angel Beats)

9. Inuyasha (Inuyasha)

8. May (Pokemon)

7. Ash Ketchum (Pokemon)

6. James (Pokemon)

5. Joey Wheeler (Yu-Gi-Oh)

4. Mugen (Samurai Champloo)

3. Yugi Moto/Atem (Yu-Gi-Oh) 

2. Rintarō Okabe (Steins;Gate)

1. Jimmy Kudo/Conan Edogwa (Detective Conan/Case Closed)

Edited by Scrub Monkey 3rd Class

(This list is in no particular order, the only reason the characters are numbred is because it needs to be a "Top 10', otherwise it would just be a regular list without any numbers)

1 - Josuke Higashikata(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable)

2 - Cutty "Franky" Flam(One Piece)

3 - Saitama, A.K.A. Caped Baldy(One Punch Man)

4 - Over Justice(Space Patrol Luluco)

5 - Lord Death/Shinigami Sama(Soul Eater)

6 - All Might(Boku No Hero Academia)

7 - Murasaki Wakako(Wakako-Zake)

8 - Ikuro "Baoh" Hashizawa(Baoh: The Visitor)

9 - Robert Edward O. Speedwagon(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)

10 - Genos(One Punch Man)