How fast do you eat?

Zygen

182 users have voted

1. 1. How fast do you eat?

• I'm pretty slow
    • I'm about average
    • I'm a pretty speedy eater
    • It depends
    • What is this... Food thou speakest of?

A pretty random question, but i felt like making a thread for it.

So pretty straightforward simple question, how fast do you eat? 

Are you a slow eater? Your always near the last to finish eating and people either steal your food while your trying to finish, or rush you?

Or do you eat fast and people wonder how all your food is gone in such a small time?

Does it depend on the situation? Do you consider yourself of average eating speed?

I personally am a kinda slow eater, i normally take my sweet time, unless I have like no time. But generally i'm last to finish, and people are rushing me to finish ;p. 

Partly i eat slow because I don't wanna choke but yeah. 

I can eat fast I guess, depending, but not normally.

So what about y'all?

• Brohoof 2

i eat pretty fast. mainly because i enjoy eating more if i eat it faster... for some reason.

also, i am one of those people that eats a bucket of icecream in like 30 seconds and still gets surprised to get a brainfreeze everytime :/

• Brohoof 2

I usually eat rather quickly. I only eat dinner and maybe some snacks here and there, so you would imagine that I'd be pretty hungry. I'm usually easily one of the first ones done. It takes around an hour for my mother to cook the food and I have it ate in around 5-10 minutes. My parents brought home pizza hut around two weeks ago and I ate an entire box in around 5-10 minutes....they weren't amused. :|

• Brohoof 2

I choose "What is this food thou speakest of" Because well, I don't get hungry, I barely eat. When I do a cheat a snicker out of the vending machine and eat it in 20 minutes. So i'm just a person that barely eats, and eats reallly slowly. I do eat fast when i'm hungry though, Food gets on the table, I eat it in 10 seconds flat.My weakness food you ask? Anything italian, I once ate two fat slices of pizza in 5 minutes.

Edited by YayFluttershy
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm I'd say I'm about average. I don't really think about taking my time when I eat. I just eat, and usually I finish at the same time that my friends do (unless I'm alone, which is most of the time).

Drinks on the other hand I finish pretty quickly, especially if it's hot or if I'm thirsty. I usually just chug those down lol

• Brohoof 1

I'm a pretty speedy eater, but I add up for it by eating a lot more. So even though I finish eating in a minute or so, sometimes less I just eat more so I end up being a little longer. As a result I eat like three people combined, but fast metabolism has prevented me from becoming fat.. Until now, it seems like I'm able to do so now so I'm trying to eat less. But it doesn't work out, I eat less but still eat way too much. But a short guy like me does indeed need a lot of food to be able to have all this energy for my awesomeness. Believe me, it does take a lot I loose 6 pounds in one day then I add them again before I know it. It's because when I'm awesome I use up so much energy that I become skinnier, then I add it again waiting for the next time I'm awesome but because I'm always awesome this keeps happening to me. It's not something I can control, but I try doing so by just eating steadily, not too much or too little.. So yeah, I'm a very fast eater.

• Brohoof 1

Im usually just slightly above average in eating speed, I can sometimes finish first but I never finish last. When it comes to chicken wings though, I just devour them and I'm usually always first to finish. You could call that my "weakness food."

• Brohoof 1

Interesting you should ask. I'm actually one of the slowest eaters ever. I'm almost always the last one to finish a meal. I happen to have a very narrow throat passage, which causes me to have to drink a lot more than I would like with my meal to "wash it down" as t'were.

It can be really annoying because I fill up on my drink instead of my food. I have had food stuck in my throat multiple times and it is excruciatingly painful.

• Brohoof 2

It depends on what I'm eating, especially when it comes to eating desserts or just eating five coarse meals. It all depends on what you eat.

Yeah, I am a bit slower eating stuff like meat because I have to make sure i chew it enough not to choke, plus it can be hard to chew sometimes depending.

I eat dessert pretty fast normally ;p.

i eat pretty fast. mainly because i enjoy eating more if i eat it faster... for some reason.

also, i am one of those people that eats a bucket of icecream in like 30 seconds and still gets surprised to get a brainfreeze everytime :/

Hm, well, i normally just savor my food(To much probably sometimes xD.)

It also depends how hungry i am.

I can't eat an entire bucket of icecream in 30 seconds i don't think ;p.

Although i rarely get brainfreeze, even if i do eat dessert faster then my meals normally.

I usually eat rather quickly. I only eat dinner and maybe some snacks here and there, so you would imagine that I'd be pretty hungry. I'm usually easily one of the first ones done. It takes around an hour for my mother to cook the food and I have it ate in around 5-10 minutes. My parents brought home pizza hut around two weeks ago and I ate an entire box in around 5-10 minutes....they weren't amused. :|

Oh, ok. Yeah if i didn't eat all day i'd be hungry.

actually i'd probaly pass out, i don't think i've skipped more then a single meal in a day. 

When i'm hungry and eating late though I eat pretty fast ;p. 

I don't think i could eat an entire pizza on my own, much less in 5-10 minutes..

Maybe 5-10 hours...

I choose "What is this food thou speakest of" Because well, I don't get hungry, I barely eat. When I do a cheat a snicker out of the vending machine and eat it in 20 minutes. So i'm just a person that barely eats, and eats reallly slowly. I do eat fast when i'm hungry though, Food gets on the table, I eat it in 10 seconds flat.My weakness food you ask? Anything italian, I once ate two fat slices of pizza in 5 minutes.

Well, i guess its ok if you don't eat tons of food, just don't hurt yourself :(

And yeah if i'm hungry i eat faster for sure ;p.

I eat desserts faster normally, so that could be my "weakness food"

Hmm I'd say I'm about average. I don't really think about taking my time when I eat. I just eat, and usually I finish at the same time that my friends do (unless I'm alone, which is most of the time).

Drinks on the other hand I finish pretty quickly, especially if it's hot or if I'm thirsty. I usually just chug those down lol

I don't think about it exactly, i just kinda do.

Sometimes its just the food is tough, especially if its meat or bread or something, those take a while for me to chew.

I almost never drink anything while eating ;p. I wait till after most of the time. Or before.

I'm a pretty speedy eater, but I add up for it by eating a lot more. So even though I finish eating in a minute or so, sometimes less I just eat more so I end up being a little longer. As a result I eat like three people combined, but fast metabolism has prevented me from becoming fat.. Until now, it seems like I'm able to do so now so I'm trying to eat less. But it doesn't work out, I eat less but still eat way too much. But a short guy like me does indeed need a lot of food to be able to have all this energy for my awesomeness. Believe me, it does take a lot I loose 6 pounds in one day then I add them again before I know it. It's because when I'm awesome I use up so much energy that I become skinnier, then I add it again waiting for the next time I'm awesome but because I'm always awesome this keeps happening to me. It's not something I can control, but I try doing so by just eating steadily, not too much or too little.. So yeah, I'm a very fast eater.

I have a really fast metabolism, so even if i eat a bunch of sweets i'm still really skinny. 

I'm trying to cut back though in effort to not die by 30. ;p.

And yeah i suppose it takes alot of energy to be awesome duhh.. Like you :D.

Im usually just slightly above average in eating speed, I can sometimes finish first but I never finish last. When it comes to chicken wings though, I just devour them and I'm usually always first to finish. You could call that my "weakness food."

I almost never finish first, unless i start way earlier then others. Almost always last or close to. Unless its dessert.

ah that's hard to say, because some days I eat kind of fast, other days its really slow.. then again its all about what I'm eating too.

Yeah, i can vary, but normally depends on how hungry I am and what type of food it is.

Depends on the food.

I have a Herbst Appliance. If you don't know what that is, it's a device used to bring the jaw forward. It makes eating pretty difficult. If it's something like pudding, though, I can eat it pretty fast.

Oww. That sounds like really painful braces or something. :/. 

but yeah sounds like it'd make things hard.

• Brohoof 8

Since eating is not one of my favorite activity, to say the least, I tend to eat as fast as I can so I can continue doing my important stuff.

Also, the food always get stuck in my throat, and it hurts. Even if I eat slow it get stuck. And the doctors can't find anything...

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 1

Oh dear. Well I'm very slow xD My friends are always complaining when we're eating at school that I am very slow :3 Though, there are a few things I eat quickly ^__^

I don't really eat very much either.

• Brohoof 1

It actually depends. When I am in like a crappy depressed mood, I usually poke around at it, but I can eat pretty fast even when I'm talking at the table laughing at things that aren't remotely even funny.

Yeah, being depressed really doesn't make you wanna do anything.

Of course if i'm mad I usually eat faster, sometimes when depressed to get away from people and be alone.

I eat slower if i'm talking normally ;p. So i try to focus on eating first.

And i laugh at all kinds of stuff ;p.

Interesting you should ask. I'm actually one of the slowest eaters ever. I'm almost always the last one to finish a meal. I happen to have a very narrow throat passage, which causes me to have to drink a lot more than I would like with my meal to "wash it down" as t'were.

It can be really annoying because I fill up on my drink instead of my food. I have had food stuck in my throat multiple times and it is excruciatingly painful.

My throat is normal far as I know, i'm still kinda slow but i can eat fast.

I have a friend who said his throat is a bit more narrow then normal according to the doctor, but he hasn't had alot of issues really. Only like once it got stuck and he couldn't hold it down, had me worried for a bit.

Sounds painful, I hate swallowing things to fast, much less it stuck in your throat. Sorry to hear :/.

• Brohoof 1

Since eating is not one of my favorite activity, to say the least, I tend to eat as fast as I can so I can continue doing my important stuff.

Well, part of it is just that I don't chew things that fast. And I do sometimes get fed up with trying to eat everything and just go do something else ;p. 

I don't really enjoy eating in general, so I wolf just about everything down. Done that with nearly every food since I was a kid, and I remember seeing my folks being surprised.

Sounds like my brother xD. I turn around and half his food is gone i swear.. 

Oh dear. Well I'm very slow xD My friends are always complaining when we're eating at school that I am very slow :3 Though, there are a few things I eat quickly ^__^

I don't really eat very much either.

My family complains to me ;p. Especially my brother and my dad who are always on the rush.

I eat desserts faster then them generally though.

• Brohoof 2

Well, i guess its ok if you don't eat tons of food, just don't hurt yourself

Never have,Never will.Its not like i'm anorexic or anything so i'm fine with not eating alot. Huh. One thing I noticed is that me and my little sister (If you look at my posts I mention her somethimes) have similar eating habits.The relationship between her is me is like the one between RD and Scootaloo,So i'm not shocked or anything. I have way more weakness foods though. Salad,Snickers,Caramel,Apples,Paula Deen food (LOTS OF BUTTER!!)

Edited by YayFluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a fast eater. The funny part is that I don't even realize that I am eating until the food is gone, which only takes a minute or two. That's with all my meals mind you.

Dang ;p.

I think about eating a good bit, especially if i'm watching for bones in meat or something. Or just trying to chew something thats tough.

• Brohoof 1

I have had food stuck in my throat multiple times and it is excruciatingly painful.

I share you pain. sad.png

I once swallowed meat, and it hurted so much, I thought my throat was burning. I hope the doctors find something soon, I'm bored of all these painful tests. :/

• Brohoof 1

Never have,Never will.Its not like i'm anorexic or anything so i'm fine with not eating alot. Heh. One thing I noticed is th me and my little sister (If you look at my posts I mention her somethimes) have similar eating habits.The relationship between her is me is like the one between RD and Scootaloo,So i'm not suprised. I have wayy more weakness foods though. Salad,Snickers,Caramel,Apples,Paula deen food (LOTS OF BUTTER!!)

Alright, i was just looking out for ya, don't want you getting hurt or anything alright :)?

I don't eat a ton, i mean theres a fine line between to little and to much, and i try to eat within those lines.

Although there are sometimes i eat quite alot especially for someone as skinny as me. ;p Depends.

Hopefully its a good relationship then :).

Just looking out for ya is all!

I share you pain. sad.png

I once swallowed meat, and it hurted so much, I thought my throat was burning. I hope the doctors find something soon, I'm bored of all these painful tests. :/

Ouch :/. Sorry to hear.

I wish you best of luck aswell.

I love food, a lot. So I eat really fast. I always like to eat but I don't do it often because my family's poor and I want to be healthy, so when I am given food, I eat it very happily.

I can see that, i mean there are people who don't get any food, so i suppose nothing wrong with eating it happily :).

• Brohoof 2

I eat really quickly most if the time. I try to slow it down at home, but I usually eat fast. I have eat fast for work though. The tones can go off at any time and I have to drop everything and go, including that food that just got done cooking. So we eat fast so we have a better chance of eating it all.

• Brohoof 1