How fast do you eat?

Zygen

182 users have voted

1. 1. How fast do you eat?

• I'm pretty slow
    • I'm about average
    • I'm a pretty speedy eater
    • It depends
    • What is this... Food thou speakest of?

I tear through my food like...99.99% of the time. So I'm just gonna go with the bottom option in the poll...

But really, it's not that I look at all food and go "BEST FOOD EVER MUST EAT NOW." No...that's only with Cheesecake. I just eat fast, I see no reason in going slow when I could be doing other things after I eat. :3

• Brohoof 1

I eat really quickly, as to not take up my time. Why eat slowly when you can be doing other things? I don't even eat all that much either, a little bit of food is enough to satisfy me.

Usually I'm the first to get up from the table, too c:

• Brohoof 1

Not good with inches, sorry! It's the Canadian stigma. how big is 7 cm? Anyway, fantastic! There is another! Anybody have word on the pointy teeth? My eye teeth are like 2 cm long, and my molars are freakin' scary lookin'

I'm not looking at a ruler, but 7 CM would be 2 In if I'm right. I also have relatively pointy cannie teeth, even making the remark that I'm a vampire from time to time. (partially because I love bloody meat, have the teeth at almost 2 cm long my self, and can't stand bright sun light for too long)

And by scary do you mean square spike blocks of death grindstone scary, or why is that thing round scary?

I eat super fast.  We have 49 minute lunch periods at my high school and it takes me about 5 to 10 minutes to eat a sandwich, cheese, nuts, and maybe a yogurt or pudding.  Then I just sit there like where did all go? :(  lol

• Brohoof 1

It depends. When I'm at school, for example, I only have 20 minutes to eat, so I eat my lunch pretty quickly.

However, when I'm out with my family at some restaurant, I'm the slowest eater since I like having long conversations. Even better in that we have time for them when we go out for dinner.

I always hate it when my father tells me, "Yeah, okay, now shut up and eat." 

• Brohoof 1

It depends. I generally eat slowly as I prefer to savour my meal and enjoy the flavours rather than just eat as fast as possible. However should the situation warrant it and I'm in a hurry chewing is a step I can skip tongue.png

Yeah, i like to enjoy foods. Don't like to be rushed much.

I can't really totally skip chewing ;p. I can eat faster if i need, but only so fast.

I'm so... so... soooo... soooooo veeeeeery, very, very slow when it comes to eating. You might be surprised at how slowly I eat. I always feel bad when I go to a restaurant because I feel like I keep everyone waiting with my slow eating. I'm actually slow with most aspects of my life. It's because I have high anxiety. Rushing spikes my anxiety, so I hate to rush and like to take things slowly. Including my eating. If you give me a half hour for lunch, I'll probably use all 30 minutes of it. Like I said, I hate to rush and I like to take my time.

I'm pretty slow sometimes, although with school i've got faster since i have to eat faster in the mornings to get time to catch the bus, and at school i don't have all the time in the world really.

And yeah, i don't like having people wait on me either.

Of course i don't like being rushed, typically with lots of things, because rushing normally makes me less efficient or something, even if i'm capable normally of rushing to an extent depending.

But i don't like rushing when doing stuff like eating, so not to choke.

And heck with like going to the bathroom to pee or something if I'm being rushed or feel rushed then it makes it take even longer for me to finish, because i can't relax enough to go ;p.

Point is, i don't really like to rush, even if its possible. 

That said i do try to be efficient, but don't really like rushing in most of my aspects of life. I don't have any anxiety issues or anything though.

It depends. But overall, I'm usually kind of a quick eater. I tend to eat my desserts a lot faster than my dinners. Sometimes, if the dinner is really good or fancy-like, I'll take my time to savor the glorious taste. :3

But usually, I'm kind of a fast eater. tongue.png

Yeah me to, dessert goes way faster then dinner generally ;p.

I try to enjoy my dinners, and ocasionally dessert, but desserts normally to hard to resist not chomping down ;p.

I eat like a mouse. Everyone in my family can finish their dinner in about 10-20 minutes, it takes me approximately 40 minutes to finish mine.

My brother tells me that sometimes ;p. Although hes exaggerating i think. My eating speed can vary alot.

I eat really quickly, as to not take up my time. Why eat slowly when you can be doing other things? I don't even eat all that much either, a little bit of food is enough to satisfy me.

Usually I'm the first to get up from the table, too c:

I guess thats a good point. Of course i still don't like to rush, or sometimes can't because i don't wanna choke.

I eat a good bit though, depending.

I'm afraid I eat rather quickly...and from the little I know is not very good for the digestion process.

It depends though, if is something really good I generally eat it slowly.

Well, yeah it isn't super good for it i'm sure, my brother eats fast, and he gets stomach aches alot. May be something else, but i think his eating speed contributes to it.

And yeah, if its really good i either savor it, or get caught up and chomp it down ;p.

It depends. When I'm at school, for example, I only have 20 minutes to eat, so I eat my lunch pretty quickly.

However, when I'm out with my family at some restaurant, I'm the slowest eater since I like having long conversations. Even better in that we have time for them when we go out for dinner.

I always hate it when my father tells me, "Yeah, okay, now shut up and eat." 

We have like 30 minutes, although by the time i go to the bathroom and get in line to eat and get my food its like 10-15 minutes to eat ;p.

And yeah when we're eating out i can eat slower depending. Or i'll eat faster if no conversation is happening.

Let me answer that with a visual aid.

img-1898721-1-tumblr_m7j2oeBfwh1qd7kiv.g

I'm a very fast eater when I'm alone, but since I'm a fat guy, I try to eat at a steady pace when I'm around other people so I don't fit the stereotype.

I wish i could suck my food up like that xD.

• Brohoof 2

I eat very fast. I am not even obese, and I can eat 2 fat slices of pizza in about 3 minutes. I can even eat 2 slices of pizza, and a small salad in less than 5 minutes.

I sometimes smack, because I eat so fast. People are also saying that I eat too fast, due to me choking. I've been eating fast for 2 years, and I haven't choked on anything.

Except for an ice cube

• Brohoof 1

I eat very fast. I am not even obese, and I can eat 2 fat slices of pizza in about 3 minutes. I can even eat 2 slices of pizza, and a small salad in less than 5 minutes.

I sometimes smack, because I eat so fast. People are also saying that I eat too fast, due to me choking. I've been eating fast for 2 years, and I haven't choked on anything.

Except for an ice cube

Well, you don't have to be obese or even overweight at all to eat fast. I know plenty people who aren't unhealthy in weight who eat fast.

I snack sometimes, but i try to space it from meals in order not to end up hungry later. 

I eat slow because i don't want to choke, although i've choked on even my own spit plenty of times ;p. So yeah.... not working that great so far.

I'm usually the first one done in my whole family, and the first one to get back to their 'activities'. I don't hate being around my family, it's just that I have better things to do is all.

• Brohoof 1

i am one of those people that eats a bucket of icecream in like 30 seconds and still gets surprised to get a brainfreeze everytime :/

hmmmm... i wonder why get brain freeze after you eat a bucket of ice cream in 30 seconds hmmmm i wonder xD

anyways it all depends on what im eating

if it is something like a roast dinner i will eat it fast because i love roast dinners ;)

but i normally eat the food i like slower so it lasts longer

and for food i dislike normally gets eaten first and/or faster

• Brohoof 1

It depends how hungry i am. If i'm not too hungry, i'll eat rather slowly. I also try to eat my food slower its really delicious, or if its something really expensive/special so i can savor each bite. if i'm really hungry and my stomach is growling, i can't control myself and i'll end up wolfing my food down really quickly blush.png i generally eat pretty fast though, my whole family does. i also try to hold back the speed and quantity when with friends or strangers cause i don't wanna look like such a fatass.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe a little too fast, but I haven't hurt myself, so I guess it's okay.

Only downside is I always finish before other people when I go out to eat, so I'm ready to GTFO for a while before everyone's done. :/

• Brohoof 1

School lunches are done almost by the time I sit down. If I'm eating a lot I eat pretty fast as well (for some reason I can eat while almost never getting full) I will take time while eating at restaurants because I want my money to be worth it. 

• Brohoof 1

Very quickly. Faster than most people I eat with, and I eat more than most of them. A large pizza lasts me about 10 minutes without any other distractions if that helps you out. Given the frequency at which I eat, being a fast eater is beneficial. Keeps it from consuming a significant portion of my time.

• Brohoof 1

I'm usually the first one done in my whole family, and the first one to get back to their 'activities'. I don't hate being around my family, it's just that I have better things to do is all.

Yeah thats understandable, i sometimes rush a bit for that reason.

hmmmm... i wonder why get brain freeze after you eat a bucket of ice cream in 30 seconds hmmmm i wonder xD

anyways it all depends on what im eating

if it is something like a roast dinner i will eat it fast because i love roast dinners wink.png

but i normally eat the food i like slower so it lasts longer

and for food i dislike normally gets eaten first and/or faster

It is quite fast ;p. I don't even eat ice cream that fast myself..

Roast dinners like Roast beef? Those are pretty good. 

If i don't like something i may just not eat it. Or eat bits and pieces. I normally eat slower. Not faster with food i dislike.

Of course, i also like to enjoy foods i like sometimes, and sometimes i just eat it faster. i'm slow enough generally so i normally eat on the faster side of my normal speed.

I eat way too fast, my parents always ask me if I tasted my food, I tell them yes but they don't believe me

but like a certain character once said "gotta go fast"

I asked my brother that before, because he gobbles his food so fast sometimes..

And yeah ;p, i guess. Soniccc :D.

I eat very fast no matter what.

When hungry, interested, to hurry up, the works.

That, and because I'm speedy and I like to do things fast, so this is one of them.

I rush in some things, and don't in others, i don't find i'm consistent really. 

I don't really rush through eating typically unless i feel rushed.

It depends how hungry i am. If i'm not too hungry, i'll eat rather slowly. I also try to eat my food slower its really delicious, or if its something really expensive/special so i can savor each bite. if i'm really hungry and my stomach is growling, i can't control myself and i'll end up wolfing my food down really quickly img-1916324-1-blush.png i generally eat pretty fast though, my whole family does. i also try to hold back the speed and quantity when with friends or strangers cause i don't wanna look like such a fatass.

Yeah haha, i try to, but sometimes get carried away with how good it is. 

I eat pretty slow, people always wonder if i eat enough, even though i can eat quite a bit, i just eat slower ;p;.

Maybe a little too fast, but I haven't hurt myself, so I guess it's okay.

Only downside is I always finish before other people when I go out to eat, so I'm ready to GTFO for a while before everyone's done. :/

I guess, long as it doesn't harm you i suppose its fine.

And yeah, i eat slow, so that doesn't happen much for me, but at resturants i don't like waiting. So i try and be last and not eat to fast ;p.

School lunches are done almost by the time I sit down. If I'm eating a lot I eat pretty fast as well (for some reason I can eat while almost never getting full) I will take time while eating at restaurants because I want my money to be worth it. 

I can eat sometimes alot, but most of the time just moderately. 

There are days i swear i can eat everything ;p.

And yeah, I like to get my monies worth to.

Very quickly. Faster than most people I eat with, and I eat more than most of them. A large pizza lasts me about 10 minutes without any other distractions if that helps you out. Given the frequency at which I eat, being a fast eater is beneficial. Keeps it from consuming a significant portion of my time.

Dang a whole large Pizza? I can't even eat that in like... several days on my own ;p. 

Much less in 10 minutes. 

Maybe a smaller pizza, but still longer, and doubtful i'd eat it all.

and i guess thats true. long as you don't eat way to much ;p.

• Brohoof 1

My grandma constantly points out about how fast I eat. She wants me to take 20 minutes to drink a cup of juice.

She drives me crazy, from her "mindfulness" rants which I receive every day and I drive her crazy by eating fast. laugh.png 

But she means well.

Well, I'll put it this way. You know how friends often joke about this one characteristic may have? And it's like a long, ongoing thing? Slow-eating, for me, is that thing. It's kinda funny. :P

All of my family and my close friends are well aware that I may take up to an hour to finish a meal, and in fact, if I'm having a new friend over, they don't hesitate to warn them about my slow-eating status.

I still don't think I take that long... :P

I eat and eat and eat and eat and never stop eating and I eat really really quickly. I don't really understand people who take their time when eating unless it's something medical. Slow eaters annoy the fuck out of me, especially when you're with a friend and you have to sit and watch them continue eating when you've finished!

Somewhere between Rainbow Dash & Pinkie Pie usually.

But if its a sunday dinner I slow right down to fluttershy speed, i savour sunday dinners.... *drools thinking about it*

I eat and eat and eat and eat and never stop eating and I eat really really quickly. I don't really understand people who take their time when eating unless it's something medical. Slow eaters annoy the fuck out of me, especially when you're with a friend and you have to sit and watch them continue eating when you've finished!

eating slower is better for digestion and is the 'healthier' way in a sense. also speed eating risks you over stuffing yourself as it takes the brain to realise your stomach is about to explode.

Somewhere between Rainbow Dash & Pinkie Pie usually.

But if its a sunday dinner I slow right down to fluttershy speed, i savour sunday dinners.... *drools thinking about it*

eating slower is better for digestion and is the 'healthier' way in a sense. also speed eating risks you over stuffing yourself as it takes the brain to realise your stomach is about to explode.

BUT FOOD IS SO YUMMY I DONT WANT TO WAIT TO EAT IT D: Also, so eating fast allows you to overeat? That must be some kind of benefit.