Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Advertising MLP Forums.

Erza

Do you support this Idea?  

7 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support MLPF Advertisements contest?

• Yes, I support this idea.
    • No, I do not support this idea.

Dear MLP forums staff, 
I think we should start making advertisements contest.
Why? So, this site would be more active with more members.
or, you can just ask members who has decent photoshopping skills to create an Advertisements.
All the best,
Sapphire beam!

MLP Forums and the Poniverse itself is actually being advertised at plenty of big conventions, including last Bronycon where we had our own panel. I can tell you that plenty more events such as this are coming up and we are certainly involved :3

Well I guess it could be a good idea, but here, you're asking for a personal opinion I suppose, and I don't really want the forums to be way too big. Not that I care very much, but still. Also, advertising usually costs money and we're not really rich img-1891836-1-tongue.png I mean we could do small advertisements on one or two other pony sites maybe, but not much more. Personally I think it's a bit unnecessary.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

I do think this would be a good idea, however, advertising costs money, although, it could still work I guess if we just made it like an alternate way to donate; putting MLP ads on your stuff.

Edit: Just read Jokuc's post, and I've gotta agree with his point, I don't really want the forums too big, I like small little communities, although, I do know that some people like massive communities.

Edited by mitchfizz05

At the moment I'm posting this, we've just reached this "milestone"

9uzJ7Ko.png

I don't know about anyone else, but to me that seems like a pretty sizable number of people for an MLP related forum; I don't know that advertising would really inform anyone about this place who wants to join, that wouldn't have found us already by their own means.

Plus, another vote for smaller communities here. :P

At the moment I'm posting this, we've just reached this "milestone"

img-1892017-1-9uzJ7Ko.png

I don't know about anyone else, but to me that seems like a pretty sizable number of people for an MLP related forum; I don't know that advertising would really inform anyone about this place who wants to join, that wouldn't have found us already by their own means.

Plus, another vote for smaller communities here. tongue.png

And out of all those people only like 200 are actually active.

Doesn't Feld0 want this network of websites to be huge? If so, then advertising is a nice idea.

That's all I'm gonna say.

• Brohoof 2

I have nothing against this idea. Go hold that contest you desire and test your drawing skill in it. If I could draw and were so confident of that ability of mine, I would have made this kind of threads so I would have a place to indirectly promote my skill for fame and glory. Sad thing, we all know that I don't have such proficiency.

Whoever wins, will go without my sword. As Sir Jokuc said, it's unnecessary. Having more men means more troubles to handle. Even with just two hundreds men active in the forums, we still face many spams, and sometimes cave trolls.

I don't want to hoist MLPForums banner in other forums I'm participating in.