Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you embarrassed for watching MLP? (Males)

Legacy Dash

210 users have voted

1. 1. Are you embarrassed about watching MLP? (Males only)

• Yes - I don't like people knowing.
    • Meh - Don't really care.
    • I am proud to be a Brony!

Being a brony is like proving to myself there is still something special about me, something I haven't lost yet eventhough I lived through a lot of bad things across my entire life. I could end up being a preety messed up guy, resentful and full of hatred. But somehow I managed it, not to get rid of this pain, but to learn something from it.

For most people is usually almost impossible to keep their own innocence alive, against all odds. Most of true values usually get lost. But, I made it, mostly alone by my myself, while I fought back by all means trying to change something that I knew was wrong, but 'cause I always listened up to my heart.

I'm not ashamed, on the contrary. I learned how to value things that, unfortunately, most people forgot a long time ago. And that, by its own, is just invaluable, because I'm keeping alive the virtue within me.

Although back in time, I didn't know where I was gonna get that hope from, in order to keep my innocence safe and sound. And MLP, eventhough it wasn't the whole answer I needed, it helped me out, a lot. And I'm thankful for that.

Proudly a Brony.

Apologies for my english. It isn't my first language.

• Brohoof 1

I simply don't have a care in the world what others think of me. If they want to live by what society dictates to them what they should like then I say let them, because I'm not. *Insert pictures to represent my answer*.  Sorry I just had to use both.

post-17988-0-67556100-1380967880_thumb.jpg

post-17988-0-68243300-1380967936_thumb.gif

• Brohoof 1

Sure, because I'm very manly man and openly do only manly things like fishing, being manly, weight lifting, manliness training and drinking beer in dirty underwear while being manly. I always only wear black and blue colors, as they are the manly ones, never shave my face the right way so I always have manly "5 o'clock shadow" and use smirk paper to wipe my ass. You must be at least that manly, or you are no man at all, u homo girl lul.

Seriously tho, no shame, even pride (I'm not proud I managed watch series, it's just the community effect) and as I've said time and time again, I see no reason to feel any bad. Unless you fit into the category described above, then you might have a problem. Don't let the ancient and ever-so-wrong gender stereotypes rule you.

When I first started watching the show for about the first 5 episodes I was.

But then after a while It just made me more secure in who I was, and I learned that whatever others think it doesn't actually matter it is all about what one person thinks of me :).

I also think that parts in the first 5 episodes are so horrible and ridiculously girly cringy that  I feel like they can be a hard place to start if you are not going into the show with a very open mind :).

• Brohoof 1

Embarrassed? Really?

It takes real guts, courage, bravery, nerves of sleet, gallantry, valor, tenacity, and so forth. It is the ultimate test to show whether you are a true man...

And yes...

"Come one, come all, mock me if you dare; just know that you are just trying to get rid of something embarrassing within you that makes you doing so."

• Brohoof 2

Pfft, the day I'd be embarrased would be the day after the end of the world.

The people who thinks it's stupid that I watch a show should be embarrased though. It's honestly really monoric if you still believe in gender stereotypes.

• Brohoof 2

Not at all. I'm a proud brony!

I haven't told anyone about me being one yet, but I'm not at all embarassed.

Actually, when I first watched the show (around 1 year ago), I was kinda like 'Wait... I'm.. I'm a... Brony!?' but now I'm not ashamed/embarassed of it.

Not at all.

--Bonies FTW!

I don't feel embarrassed about watching a show like My Little Pony, meaning I don't care about embarrassment. I'm proud to be who I am, and no one can stop me from expressing myself for who I am.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite manga is a shoujo.

I intend on wearing skirts when I leave the house.

I want to have an enormous plushie collection to cuddle when I grow up.

None of this is even attempted to be kept secret.

Do you think I feel any shame in watching MLP?

Well I don't broadcast it in RL but I'm happy to talk about it if the subject came up or if i was in fellow company. It's not about being embarassed or not proud, it's just knowing when you're in mixed company and when that would be legitimately weird or something you'd have to explain AT LENGTH to non bronies.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

Im proud to be a brony my mom has walked into my room while i was watching episodes but i explained to her why she show is good and shes fine with it (i think).

There is no need to feel embarrassed to watch the show since there are ALOT of males watching it now. Nothing wrong with watching a brilliant show, same thing with other stuff. Take pride in what you do/watch or whatever it might be. People seem to see people who play World of Warcraft ( i play that) also feel embarrassed but i really dont know why.. maybe its because that makes you fat and live in your moms basement and have no existing social life or that you secretly live your other life through your avatar and speak like Princess Luna did.

I take great pride in watching MLP

And people who says that you should feel embarrassed for watching it ( who has not watched it themselves) are not real men.

Edited by SveciaDash
  • Brohoof 1

Hm, IDK, really, It's not like I really care, but at the same time I not in hurry to tell every my new acquainted that I'm brony. Well maybe deep down in my heart in reality I'm embarrased and don't realising it.

I really like the show and can say I am proud to be a brony online and all, but in real life I'm a closet brony. There is a lot of opposition towards bronies and I'm not sure how my reputation would be affected if people knew I were one.

There's no shame whatsoever in enjoying something that truly makes you happy, even if it's a cartoon about talking ponies.

I mean, c'mon! I honestly feel more shame when I have to sit through a commercial for a show on MTV or TLC. Well, shame for humanity at least...

My family doesn't know I'm a brony but I've gone fairly public with being a brony around school and other such places and I've gotten nothing negative. I also learned a friend I've had for a while was a brony and we hang out and good amount more. Of course, there are people I would never tell, but that's because of their mentality towards must things.

I used to be shy about admitting I like MLP, but now I don't mind so much.  I don't bring it up unless someone else does, but if asked, I'll say I like the show.  I have MLP wallpapers on my cellphone and laptop and I'm just waiting for someone to recognize one of the characters.  So far nothing has come up though.  Maybe others are shy about it too. 

Hm, not really. I mean, I'm not closet but I still try and keep a low profile about it, but I wouldn't really mind if someone I didn't tell yet found out about it. Might be slightly embarrassing at first but in the end it really wouldn't be a big deal.

• Brohoof 1

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

I used to not like people to know. But now I express my my pride in being a brony. Like wearing a Rainbow dash shirt to school. People understood and made compliments to it. Some bronies at my school even gave me brohoofs. :3

Not at all. Even though not being a brony im not embarassed at all. I actually even made some of my friends watch 1 hour of my little pony! Lol