Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you embarrassed for watching MLP? (Males)

Legacy Dash

210 users have voted

1. 1. Are you embarrassed about watching MLP? (Males only)

• Yes - I don't like people knowing.
    • Meh - Don't really care.
    • I am proud to be a Brony!

I come from a tiny private school where everybody's not really accepting (hey, that's High School) I generally don't talk about MLP to anybody and disown MLP when someone's making fun of it. I just can't deal with the hate that comes with being a brony.

To an extent i suppose yes, but not exactly, and not nearly as much as at first. Because at first i wasn't even comfortable with myself and watching MLP.

Now its not necessarily embarrassment totally, but also because i feel telling anyone or having anyone know i watch it will simply make things more difficult.

In other words its more i don't feel anything to gain, and more to lose, them direct embarrassment.

Not once. Not even once was I ashamed of liking this show. And I've had people telling me some very stupid things because of it.

I've even slipped some pictures of ponies into presentations for college. Like a presentation about drugs that had Littlepip and Velvet Remedy in the first slide and pictures of the Mane Six freaking out all over it.

There's a quote from C.S. Lewis I like:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Still, I have to admit that I'm not about to look at brony pictures on my phone or tablet when I'm in public; explaining the show, or one of the jokes in the comic I'm reading, tends to take a bit of context, and I'm not always ready to explain it.

• Brohoof 2

When I first started watching, I didn't really care what anyone thought. Well, I was afraid of what my dad would think. My didn't get it, and still doesn't, but he says that I shouldn't be ashamed of a show I like to watch. After taking me to Trotcon, he told me that all of the people he saw there were future, or current, bosses. Before we left for home, he told me that the show seems to attract smart people, even though it's marketed towards girls. Then he said to me, with a smile, to get my "little pony ass moving." My dad is awesome.

Not at all. I seriously feel no embarrassment whatsoever when I watch the show. The opposite, really. I think it's really awesome, and in no way do I find it a guilty pleasure.

Males only? Honestly, I think us girls are be embarrassed too!! And I am too be honest, it's not easy living the brony/pegasister life *sniffs tear away* but who cares, this fandom and show is AWESOME

• Brohoof 3

I am a proud Brony, yes. But a lonely Brony...I have noone to really talk to about MLP, except in forums. I don't have any merch.(yet) I wont talk about it at work, I dont want to invite that kind of trouble.

heh, loud (as in I have ponies on a lot of my stuff. Car, phone, iPad, cloths, etc...) and proud. But i won't push it on anyone that doesn't want to speak of it. Unless a really good joke comes up that just can't be resisted (usually some well done parody) THEN i MAY break that tongue.png

But if John DeLancie can stand proudly by bronies, I can't think of a reason to even consider hiding it.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, not at all! But I don't go there telling everybody I'm a brony, it's just meh... If someone asks me if I'm a brony I'll say yeah! And if I find a brony I'll be like, give me a damn brohoof! But otherwise it's just meh ;)

• Brohoof 3

Like I said before, I am NOT embarrased to be a brony. But I'm not proud either. I don't really see a reason to be proud of watching a tv show. It's actually a GOOD reason why anti-bronies get annoyed by us. A lot of bronies kinda do act like they're special for watching My Little Pony, when it's not. It's one of those few aspects that makes me kinda dislike this community. I don't really notice it in other fandoms. At all. Sorry, going off-topic. :P

Absolutely not.  Watching the show has helped me to keep my depression at bay, and it has taught me some life lessons. (It actually helped me to gain my friends back when we had a huge argument.)  But, thanks to the show, and actually a lot of the fans too, I've become a much better person than I used to be.  There is nothing embarrassing about that.

• Brohoof 1

I would say that I'm closer to being considered proud to be a brony than I am to to being meh about. The show's actually a good quality show, no doubt about, and the mane 6 are actually really great characters as far as the personality, distinct traits, and qualities goes. It's a really good show and I'm pretty proud to be lucky to have discovered such a great show, as well as have parents that support my love for the show.

But I'm not exactly "proud" enough to publicize it. I mean I would only wanna do so if I had other brony friends irl present. Other than that. eh...rather not. :P

For right now, it remains between me, you guys, and even my family. Maybe that will change in the future. Who knows. :P

• Brohoof 1

I think most people I know realize I'm a brony now. While some of them look at me weird, others are neutral about it. I did get two of my best friends to become bronies though, so you can safely say that I'm mostly proud of being a brony. However, I wouldn't blast it on a megaphone to everyone around me, because I don't think any human who likes any TV show would do such a thing.

Im proud to be a brony. I think it would be a bit different if there wasnt a huge fanbase (with lots of guys), but since there is it seems pretty normal to me, even though I dont know to many people in real life that think its normal.

I'm a mix of pride, and just not giving a fuck. I'll watch the show around friends, wear some MLP merch in public, and I'll gladly talk about it with bronies I find around, nor will I deny that I'm buying MLP stuff for myself in stores, but I also don't campaign myself as someone who goes out of their to flaunt it, or wants everybody to notice that I'm a brony. I'm glad the fandom is so big, but partly why so many people get irritated is when people flaunt it and bother others purposefully or just because they don't care if they do or not. Try to retain some amount of modesty, and you're doing things right :3

• Brohoof 1

Who In The Hay Would?

Your A Person. You Don't Care About What Others Think About You. Just Ignore Haters And/Or Make Fun Of Them :P

Be Yourself And Don't Get Embarrassed.

Your Watching A TV Show, Not Made For Girls But For Whole Family's 

Well I'll just sit here with the other 6 closet bronies and we'll make our own club. Seriously thought it's nice to see how many people are so open about it and a vast majority are proud to be bronies :) you all deserve IRL brohoofs for your awesome :D

• Brohoof 1

I don't care what other people think! I even wear shirts to school (Brony shirts) People should accept you for who you are. I talk about MLP in school, with friends, even try to get them to watch it! Being a Brony isn't something I'm ashamed of, every one has different opinions on everything!

• Brohoof 1