Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you embarrassed for watching MLP? (Males)

Legacy Dash

210 users have voted

1. 1. Are you embarrassed about watching MLP? (Males only)

• Yes - I don't like people knowing.
    • Meh - Don't really care.
    • I am proud to be a Brony!

Just because I go against your social norms doesn't mean that I'm going to be quiet about it. Take some pride in what you like and do. If you like something, don't let other people keep you from enjoying it. I listen to brony music while I'm at work, and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I'm gay. I'm also certain that I do not care one bit.

I wish I had your confidence. Personally, I'm okay with stuff like wearing an MLP shirt, but that's probably because in my country, MLP awareness is almost nonexistent. Outside the Internet, I NEVER talk about it, but in the miraculous event that someone asks me if I'm a brony, I would answer honestly. I'm simply afraid of the social repercussions if I were to be vocal about my 'bronyhood' in real life.

I'm more embarrassed than I'd like to admit. everyone always says that it doesn't matter what others think about you but I don't agree with that. There was a line said on Game of Thrones, I can't remember who said it, but it was something like "You're only as good as what people say you are" and it's kind of true.

Well, it's only true to some extent. If someone calls you out for a flaw in your character/behavior, they may be right and you shouldn't brush off their criticisms so quickly. But people have cultural biases which hinder their rational thinking. If someone tells you that you're a homo/pedo/manchild just because you watch a show which you are outside the target demographic of, that's simply wrong.

I don't have the slightest regret. I like being different. I like to stand out. I love mlp, and I want people to know I do. Buck Yeah!

And the poll results don't surprise me at all to find the majority are proud, considering that Patrick Edwards and Marsha Redden studied that. They found the four main types

1. Social(about 28%)- basically those who are proud, and go to cons, and wear merch

2. Secret(about 27%)- same as social, except they only let other bronies know they are one as well.

3. Hidden(about 10%)- Same as secret, except keep it a secret from even other bronies. Likely to use an avatar online

4. Independent(about 7%)- Only a brony for the shock factor. They aren't super into the show, they just like freaking people out by saying they are a brony. Most likely to be a troll.

In a second study, they discovered a 5th type of brony they called Mixed, meaning having qualities of two or more of those 4. Therefore if you don't fit into those 4 categories, you would be mixed

• Brohoof 1

Some peoplw in my family know(including my sisters, mom, aunt, cousins, etc.). All of my friends at school know, they don't give a shit. But there are some people who I wouldn't want knowing. My brother and some friends(older than me. Originally my older cousins friends but they talk to everyone in my family) don't know, and I intend on not letting them know.

• 4 years later...

I picked the 'meh' one.

I kinda don't care I suppose. I'm not talking about ponies when not asked, but if someone discovers that fact, then it's fine (my wallpaper on phone can't keep secrets! :derp: ). Either way if somebody would ask if I watch it, I wouldn't lie.

Online though, it's something obvious, due to my profile picture. :P

I wouldn't say I am embarrassed per se, but the only people who know that I am a brony are my close family, and that was an accident. Most of the people at my school are moronic, and my friends at school would probably continuously make fun of me, so I prefer that they don't know. That's not due to embarrassment though, I just can't be bothered dealing with the hassle.

I went with 'I don't care'. I don't keep it a secret and I have a few shirts (albeit ones that don't scream 'MLP' except if you know what they are), but I'm also not proud to be a brony, just like I'm not proud of being a fan of anything else. I like the show, and I see no point in keeping that a secret, but I also don't think it's anything to be proud about.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Why should I be embarrassed for watching such a lovely, heartwarming, innocent and cute show. If someone wants to condemns me for not living up to their world views it's not my problem. Proud Brony.

And on a side note .... Proud SciFi Fan. Proud Nerd. Proud Tea drinker etc. 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...