Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If robots were everywhere what type of robots would you want to see?

Codelyy

Star Wars has done it right, so their robot system:

• First-Degree: designed to assist in physical and applied science + mathematics
  • Second-Degree: environmental engineering, and environmental sciences, exploration and categorisation included.
  • Third-Degree: social sciences, and social interaction; translation, diplomacy, teaching, etc. anything that brings them into regular social contact.
  • Fourth-Degree: security and military application (including assassin droids, though they are illegal in the SW universe)
  • Fifth-Degree: manual labour, and more menial tasks (these are generally the least intelligent robots); factory workers, sewage workers, salvage, mining, transportation, etc.

A nice blue and white utility astromech droid for all those tiresome mechanical chores around the house. And a prototocol droid, preferably with a nice golden plating, to keep everything civilized and running smoothly (not to mention keeping the aforementioned astromech in line if he goes off on some personal mission to save the galaxy instead of fixing my sink). 

I've always been really into the idea of robots.

I'd love to see infantry robots in action in the future when we actually have advanced ones. Say, maybe in 40 to 50 years. When I say advanced, I mean bipedal robots who use the same tactics that normal human soldiers do.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here is my all time favorite robot!

sig-4610424.poster.jpg

Although, technically she could be considered a cyborg of sorts. Her emotions and soul are provided by a living cat brain! Nuku-Nuku (A sort of cutesy term in Japanese, basically Kitty-Cat) loves and is completely devoted to Ryunosuke (A little boy who often acts as her big brother) and papa (Ryu's dad and her creator) If you watch the video I'm adding, you'll see why you do not mess with her family. Nuku-Nuku can take on a heavily armed gunship...AND WIN!

I love the scenes where her feline instincts take over. Cat-nip makes her go totally goofy!

LOL!

In the clip, you'll see a small cat in a trashcan, eating a chicken drumstick. That is Nuku-Nuku's original body. When the cat is accedentally killed, papa gives his son a wonderful Chriatmas present, when he puts the still living cat brain in the robotic weapon's system he built, and then stole from his wife's company. Yup, the main bad-guy is Ryu's mom! The whole thing is a sort of weird marital crisis!

:-P

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Technically speaking, many commercial robots are already in full use. Drones, Roombas... y'know?

Other than that, hey we could use robots for sweeping the streets and helping old ladies cross the road.

I would like to see robots built for war, so less people died in the wars. Which ever side of robots win, it means that no people really died, even if dieing for your country is a honorable way to die.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to see sentient robots that are essentially indistinguishable from humans in their behaviour, and have true feelings. I'd also like for them to be physically indistinguishable from humans, so you really wouldn't know that they're robots unless you hacked 'em open and looked.

Yes, this is what I want as well.  It's the only way I'll ever find happiness...

ummm...sexy robots ?

definitely sexy robtots, im not a weirdo intro robots or anything i would just rather see sexy lady robots over scary killing machine robots 

Agreed.  But hey, nothin' wrong with being into robots!

Hmmmm, I'd date a robot as long as they were hot, and nice.

Hear, hear!

(edited)

Just thought of adding this to my list

Also, though somewhat more obscure

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

These sorts of robots;

Razer_side-on_view.jpg

And if that fails, these sorts of robots;

ip_1048256.jpg

In case you have no idea what I'm on about:

only one of the greatest TV shows of all time, and they just bought ou a new series. Bloody epic.

Edited by ForthEorl

(edited)

Now I present two superstars in the world of robots.

B-9, from Lost in Space, and Robby, from "Forbidden Planet. As you can see, they did get to work together!

war_of_the_robots_episode_20_1966.jpg

Let's not forget a VERY sexy robot. Yul Brynner as The Gunslinger in "Westworld".

hollywood_s_forgotten_first_terminator_y

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I would like to see robots built for war, so less people died in the wars. Which ever side of robots win, it means that no people really died, even if dieing for your country is a honorable way to die.

Same here, just don't make the robots too smart on their own. Otherwise, there could be major problems, like the robots betraying humanity! Instead, they should just be remote-controlled like many of the flying drones used by modern militaries.

• 3 years later...

@Super Splashee what the hell? What is this? Attack on Robot Titans? :ButtercupLaugh:

I would like to see SW droids! Like C3P-O, RD-D2 or BB 8. And most of all Baymax 

33F94A3D-989B-4166-9DDC-1F51DC21076C.gif.1f7fac7bd582ac455cc65ce83094b414.gif

1 hour ago, TBD said:

@Super Splashee what the hell? What is this? Attack on Robot Titans? 

Yea, that one is special to me, as I helped to design it.

In a world of advertising and mascots, and robots... You expect to find this trash wherever you go:

by_waiters_2560.jpg

Better let them cross the road before you continue your journey:
by_cablers_1920.jpg

Absolutely not Sonic, lol. An accident happened, nothing to see here!
by_themascot_1920.jpg

These organic robots are supposed to exist in America?
by_sculptures_1920.jpg

Scavengers, you find them all over the place nowadays:
by_scavengers_1920.jpg

Edited by Super Splashee