Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Head-Canon: Prior to Celestia

Anneal

This was a somewhat reasonable head-canon I thought up; there were gods prior to Celestia. The question kind of got me; how can a world be a few thousand or so years old? I find it downright ridiculous if say, they just appeared out of nowhere, and the more I think of it, the more this sounds plausible.

Before Celestia, there were several gods before her that regulated the movement of the sun or moon. Maybe after that god's or goddess's death, their place is succeeded randomly by someone else, possibly another species. It's a never-ending cycle, as the "first" god started it; before that, it was a supposedly "godless" state where everything was "natural". Life probably came some time before the first god emerged, but there can be a lot of other factors, say a predecessor unknown civilization (Assassin's Creed, anyone?).

Well in the hearth's warming eve episode i thought i heard them say "before celestial."

and mentioned ponies were more into hatred.  (to quote spike "hard to imagine right.").

Um I don't think they'll touch B.C.  = before Celestial.  (heh funny how that worked out).

Well, idk, i mean before Celestia was in charge of Equestria as the ruler of it(I don't really know if believe she is a god or not, nor luna, but thats another discussion.) there was Discord who was wreaking havoc and stuff across Equestria. Or we can assume so.

And apparently in the hearthswarming eve episode the Unicorns were in charge of the sun and moon, so we can conclude that in the past in Equestria, they just had a Unicorn team controlling day and night or something. 

I assume that now Celestia and Luna are in charge and others aren't allowed, or don't know the technique.

I've always kinda thought that Equestria was rulerless until after Celestia and Luna defeated Discord.

Just me though, its definately not a foolproof theory, i wish they would look into that time period a bit more.

• Brohoof 1

B.C.  = before Celestial.

I'm never looking at "B.C." the same way again; thank you for pointing that out xD

And apparently in the hearthswarming eve episode the Unicorns were in charge of the sun and moon, so we can conclude that in the past in Equestria, they just had a Unicorn team controlling day and night or something. 

I would have to agree with this. Celestia and Luna control day and night by using their magic, so I just assume that, as alicorns, their magic is much stronger than that of a normal unicorn. I'd say that, before Celestia and Luna, a team of unicorns worked together to shift between day and night.

Just my two bits, though :) 

• Brohoof 1

That's hearsay (LOL).  I swear i didn't wanna start that, it just sorta happened lol. 

You know with a little elbow grease you really could turn this into a cult LOL.

I'm never looking at "B.C." the same way again; thank you for pointing that out xD

I would have to agree with this. Celestia and Luna control day and night by using their magic, so I just assume that, as alicorns, their magic is much stronger than that of a normal unicorn. I'd say that, before Celestia and Luna, a team of unicorns worked together to shift between day and night.

Just my two bits, though smile.png

You know with a little elbow grease you really could turn this into a cult LOL.

Well, what if we did?

xD

JK, that would require work, and it would probably spark up a controversy xD 

Though, if it ever gets brought up around my friends, "Before Celestia" will be my answer 10/10 times :)

Well, what if we did?

xD

JK, that would require work, and it would probably spark up a controversy xD 

Though, if it ever gets brought up around my friends, "Before Celestia" will be my answer 10/10 times smile.png

Oh my God what have i done lol.  and damn near everything about this show summons a shit storm among the fans and the non fans.

Par for the course.

• Brohoof 1

All we know about the pre-Celestia days (BC very cute) is that the tribes were not living in complete harmony and each tribe had its own ruler. Celestia and Luna didn't exist, or weren't born yet, and it was the ponies themselves lead by Clover the Clever who found the fire of friendship.

All we know about the pre-Celestia days (BC very cute) is that the tribes were not living in complete harmony and each tribe had its own ruler. Celestia and Luna didn't exist, or weren't born yet, and it was the ponies themselves lead by Clover the Clever who found the fire of friendship.

well back in the P.C. days (heh that's funny for other reasons) I mean i'm assuming Celestial had parents?  Or are Celestial to being possibly banished from another world to equsitra over 1000 years ago?

Just my two bits, though smile.png

That'll be the canon case, but what about before that? A god or such preceded Celestia and Luna with the duty of raising the sun and moon.

What I'm saying right now must be very blasphemous. 

That'll be the canon case, but what about before that? A god or such preceded Celestia and Luna with the duty of raising the sun and moon.

What I'm saying right now must be very blasphemous. 

Pressing on, blasphemy not with standing,

I think they clearly had to have had parents,

but who's to say someone did teach them?

Maybe the reason why so many things sucked back in the day 1000 years ago was Celestial and Luna had to trial and error this bad boy.

well back in the P.C. days (heh that's funny for other reasons) I mean i'm assuming Celestial had parents? Or are Celestial to being possibly banished from another world to equsitra over 1000 years ago?

I've always felt she and Luna had parents and discovered their special talents due too some crisis and of course discovered the EoH.

I've always felt she and Luna had parents and discovered their special talents due too some crisis and of course discovered the EoH.

you know now that you mention it,

(Puts on a tin foil hat)

What if they went the loki route with luna?  She's like a adopted sister raised at celestial's own flesh and blood.

I mean that would explain that maybe nightmare moon is the real her, and luna could be how she is with magic suppressing that.

you know now that you mention it,

(Puts on a tin foil hat)

What if they went the loki route with luna? She's like a adopted sister raised at celestial's own flesh and blood.

I mean that would explain that maybe nightmare moon is the real her, and luna could be how she is with magic suppressing that.

Anything is possible of course, but I'm more partial to them being blood sisters. One pony's head canon is as good as any, so until the writers see fit to write more about Equestria history out ideas are safe.

Anything is possible of course, but I'm more partial to them being blood sisters. One pony's head canon is as good as any, so until the writers see fit to write more about Equestria history out ideas are safe.

well, they don't seem to have alot in common lol.  I mean luna goes out and helps dreamers.  Hands on like sleepless in ponyville.

Luna seems more stuffy while celestial seems more playfull and impish.

I mean outside of the show telling you their sisters you wouldn't normally come to that conclusion.

well, they don't seem to have alot in common lol. I mean luna goes out and helps dreamers. Hands on like sleepless in ponyville.

Luna seems more stuffy while celestial seems more playfull and impish.

I mean outside of the show telling you their sisters you wouldn't normally come to that conclusion.

True. I can't deny what you're saying and hopefully we'll find out much more about their early lives. It's going to be interesting to see if NMM really comes back.

True. I can't deny what you're saying and hopefully we'll find out much more about their early lives. It's going to be interesting to see if NMM really comes back.

darn was hopping you'd argue lol than i could compare how well Apple bloom isn't terrible different from Apple jack, (I mean juvenile)

the same with sweetie bell and rarity.

I mean Luna and celestial talent are total polar opposites, one might even call them night and day ^ ~ (quack).

I think them being related is far more surprising than them not being.

Maybe Celestia & Luna aren't Sisters. Cadence isn't Celestia's niece, but was adopted instead, so maybe the same is true for Luna.

As for what was Equestria before the sisters, all we have to do is look towards a certain equestrian holiday.

No not Hearths Warming eve. Hearts and hooves day. Remember when the CMC read the book about the love poison? How a Prince made a Princess fall in love with him and both neglected their duties, with some other madness involving a dragon and some chaos? However both prince and princess looked Unicorn so maybe this was only with the unicorn tribe and took place prior to Hearths warming eve.

I Have kinda taken a fanfic I read and taken it as my head canon for the history of equestria, or more accurately, the planet. Genesis on fimfiction is very well written and does a great job of explaining things, but at the moment, it is under renovation to fit with the actual canon.

Maybe Celestia & Luna aren't Sisters. Cadence isn't Celestia's niece, but was adopted instead, so maybe the same is true for Luna.

As for what was Equestria before the sisters, all we have to do is look towards a certain equestrian holiday.

No not Hearths Warming eve. Hearts and hooves day. Remember when the CMC read the book about the love poison? How a Prince made a Princess fall in love with him and both neglected their duties, with some other madness involving a dragon and some chaos? However both prince and princess looked Unicorn so maybe this was only with the unicorn tribe and took place prior to Hearths warming eve.

I mean lets suppose Luna and Celestail are two banished Alicorns from another world (dimension, what ever).

Now brace for this cause this line of thinking will piss of the fan base.

Maybe there's a whole planet of Alicorns some where.

A Kypton if you will (and don't say saiyen home world cause Goku is a rip off there off).

I mean if Celestial isn't a diety

super powerful space pony is the next best guess.

I mean look at their powers.  Sun and the moon.  Those are space like powers.