Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chunky vs. Smooth Peanut Butter

Crocoburger

Chunky vs. Smooth Peanut Butter  

99 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer chunky peanut butter or smooth?

• Chunky peanut butter
    • Smooth peanut butter

Crunchy, of course! Biting into a sammich without the true satisfaction of a nutty crunch but rather a smooth goo which sticks everywhere in your mouth is not goodness.

I do very much love chunky peanut butter, however, it's hard to spread.

If someone sat two sandwiches on a plate and said pick one, I'd probably go for the chunky one (unless the bread has been torn to pieces).

In conclusion, smooth peanut butter.

I hate peanut butter.... i can't even to look at it let alone touch it. Mostly because some brands look like... well something else entirely to be honest....

Edited by Greenfield

Tho I generally like both, I prefer chunky over smooth. I like to have the bits of peanuts in the jam as to me, it makes the jam feel more authentic compared to the smooth version. It's the same as having orange juice with bits of orange in it to me. Plus, I always did prefer crunchy food except in certain circumstances.

I actually prefer chunky peanut butter, but the thing is I hardly get to eat it since the rest of my family prefers creamy.

I still like both, but chunky is so good...

Personally I like smooth peanut butter. It it perfect for sandwiches and for a smooth finish. When I have crunchy peanut butter, I have to chew more and it's not a good combination. tongue.png 

I'm pretty sure I use Smooth. Yeah, I just checked. Smooth Jif Peanut Butter all the way for me. I've never tried Chunky so I can't really comment, but I guess Smooth wins be default then as it's the only one I've ever had.

Mmm...peanut butter wub.png

Now, here's the thing. Although Crunchy peanut butter is obviously superior in terms of taste and texture, smooth peanut butter is still my preferred option. Why?

Have you ever tried spreading crunchy on bread?

I mean, even getting it at a relatively fair distribution throughout the slice is a challenge. The peanut butter just sticks to the nuts and clumps up so you just get a bunch of clumps on your bread and little to no peanut butter. And then, when you try to spread those clumps, you pick up chunks of bread on your knife. Seriously.

You know what? I'm gonna start buying little peanut pieces individually, and them just sprinkle those on my smooth peanut butter covered bread. I'll demolish the system.

RANT=OVER.

The age-old debate. One which was recently waged at work.

As for me, chunky. Everyone enjoys the crunchy texture of peanuts, chips, pork rinds, crackers, and plenty of other things. Why someone would want to remove that from their peanut butter is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I've tried peanut butter was last week, and it was smooth, so I guess I don't the best judgment, but I think smooth works better on sandwiches than chunky :P So I voted smooth.

Prefer smooth, mostly just because I like being able to put it on my bread more easily. I love butter, I love peanut butter as well. Because it's easier to use the smooth one, I'll get more on my bread. Maybe put a few layers of it, make one nice looking bread.

Now, here's the thing. Although Crunchy peanut butter is obviously superior in terms of taste and texture, smooth peanut butter is still my preferred option. Why?

Have you ever tried spreading crunchy on bread?

I mean, even getting it at a relatively fair distribution throughout the slice is a challenge. The peanut butter just sticks to the nuts and clumps up so you just get a bunch of clumps on your bread and little to no peanut butter. And then, when you try to spread those clumps, you pick up chunks of bread on your knife. Seriously.

You know what? I'm gonna start buying little peanut pieces individually, and them just sprinkle those on my smooth peanut butter covered bread. I'll demolish the system.

RANT=OVER.

I will make the best thing ever for you. I will create a peanut butter dispenser that puts the exact ammount of peanut butter on your sandwich, and  will not end up getting stuck on anything or falling of the sandwich. It will be perfect for you.

• Brohoof 1

I like both, but I prefer smooth.....I used to really like crunchy, but it's some what of a turn off now.and with smooth, I can put more on,I usually have 1/4'' thick layer of PB on my sandwiches.....and nothing beats PB on Rye....Rye is probably my fave type of bread....next to Pumpernickel

• 1 year later...

Chunky is obviously the best guys. Don't deny the power of chunky goodness.

All jokes aside, I do prefer chunky over smooth. Chunky has the sort of texture and crunch that is oddly satisfying. I miss the taste of chunky peanut butter; for I am not allowed to have it in my house (my dad's allergic). Oh, the horror!