Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chunky vs. Smooth Peanut Butter

Crocoburger

Chunky vs. Smooth Peanut Butter  

99 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer chunky peanut butter or smooth?

• Chunky peanut butter
    • Smooth peanut butter

• 1 month later...

It's called peanut BUTTER for a reason. And that reason is because it's supposed to be smooth and soft like butter. Before all this fancy dancy machines, peanut butter was probably mostly chunky but it was the smooth and buttery ones that were seen as master culinary skill.

• Brohoof 1

It's called peanut BUTTER for a reason. And that reason is because it's supposed to be smooth and soft like butter. Before all this fancy dancy machines, peanut butter was probably mostly chunky but it was the smooth and buttery ones that were seen as master culinary skill.

I would assume that most uses for peanut butter demand a smooth texture. Chunky is a novelty which has a surprising following though. With some Thai recipes calling for peanut butter, the smooth kind is preferred over others. I think that people should have said what they use peanut butter for so we can understand whether smooth or chunky is best for them or not.

I like peanuts, but they don't belong in peanut butter.  I don't eat straight-peanut butter sandwiches; I eat PB&J or PB and banana sandwiches (or, rarely, PB and some manner of chocolate spread).  A *crunch* in one of those sandwiches would be unwelcome.

It's called peanut BUTTER for a reason. And that reason is because it's supposed to be smooth and soft like butter.

PREACH.  Chunky peanut butter advocates can't possibly argue with that logic.

• Brohoof 1

What the hell is the point of chunky peanut butter? The point of spreads is to not have to chew it. Chunky peanut butter is annoying, not to mention it takes longer to put on bread than smooth peanut butter (for me at least).

I could go either way honestly, but I tend to lean towards smooth, but I don't have peanut butter anymore, like ever.