Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New forum Theme

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Hey, guys how do you like this new forum theme and the new UI and not to mention PARTY RANKS! WOOOOOO! Anyways Comment, Comment, Comment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfniCDbbzg

Must I say more!

Edited by DJ Hydrolicious

I just re-loaded the page and then BAM! New layout. Startled me a little xD

It looks quite nice, but I wonder how fellow forum members are going to create banners and stuff now...

And what is the purpose of the party ranks? O.o

• Brohoof 2

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

I just re-loaded the page and then BAM! New layout. Startled me a little xD

It looks quite nice, but I wonder how fellow forum members are going to create banners and stuff now...

And what is the purpose of the party ranks? O.o

I don't know and I don't care. The party ranks are pretty damn awesome. Thanks Feld0 for this. But anyways I don't know about the banners though.

I also saw some sneak peaks of the new theme earlier today when the site was messing up.

Edited by DJ Hydrolicious

The ranks were made by me for last year's anniversary... i don't like them all that much anymore though. :V

As for the site redesign, It's better but i'm not a huge fan of the whole menu bar page scrolling. Maybe i'm just annoyed by the fact that it blocks some areas where actual content is, like toolbars on your browser.

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 4

I switched back kinda quickly. Not really feeling the new theme much. I also wonder about the banner situation as well as I really don't know. I made two submissions for the anniversary thing and now they feel kinda pointless. I suppose they wanted this to be a 'surprise', hence why nothing was said. I liked the old theme better personally. Maybe the new one will grow on me eventually so I may switch back and forth or something.

Not sure why, I am just not feeling the positive atmosphere that this is supposed to give off.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

@,

I can't help but prefer the old layout... Guess I'm just not used to how it looks now.

Party ranks are because this is the forums' ANNIVERSARY!!

OOOOOOOHHH. I can't believe I didn't think of that. derpy_emoticon1.png 

The banner you made does look quite nice, but I think they have to be transparent now... huh.png  

Hey guys if you want to change the theme just go to the bottom of the page, click on Change Theme and click MLP Forums. The one that doesn't say New. INSTANT CHANGE!! You're back to good 'ol Daring Do.

I just hope this theme isn't permanent. It's probably just for today :)

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Hey guys if you want to change the theme just go to the bottom of the page, click on Change Theme and click MLP Forums. The one that doesn't say New. INSTANT CHANGE!! You're back to good 'ol Daring Do.

I just hope this theme isn't permanent. It's probably just for today smile.png

Oh come on, am I the only one who acctually likes this theme. Meh, this is supposed to be a celebration not a "oh cool, a new theme I'll switch back now"

It's in my opinion better than the last to some extent, just needs to be polished. Add some caps in the menus, etc and it will be all good by my standards. ALso am I the only one who loves the fact that the navigation menu stays on the screen when you scrolldown, this will save so much time when at the bottom of a page.

Edited by Xelphos
  • Brohoof 1

I really like the background, it looks awesome. smile.png

And I have this "glitch" where Derpy and Cloudsdale seems to be behind the mountains, layout error probably. (Derpy looks giant lol)

Anyway... I don't really like the new theme, it lost all the smoothness of the old one, where the " "forums", "Extranet", etc." were on the banners. Also, how the banner thing is going to work now?

Edited by GhostPony750

Well, because of the new theme, these banners are apparently pointless. Kinda makes me wonder why we were even told that new banners were wanted in the first place, unless Feld0 just did this out of nowhere...

post-8308-0-95116700-1380836784_thumb.png

post-8308-0-08738300-1380836850_thumb.png

Those were my submissions. My memory is so bad and I am so stupid that I put 'Happy Birthday' instead of Anniversary, but they are kinda shit anyways so it doesn't really matter.

I have heard that the banners will still change weekly, not sure if on the old one or not though. Maybe one of these will be used, but I doubt it.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Its okay. I'm not sure how I feel about that bar following you everywhere, though. Its convenient, but kinda annoying. Also there are a few glitches but I guess thats to be expected when you modify a website.

I hope the party badges are just a one day thing. I liked everybody having different badges.

The thing I like the best is the background. I adore the background, haha.

Well, because of the new theme, these banners are apparently pointless. Kinda makes me wonder why we were even told that new banners were wanted in the first place, unless Feld0 just did this out of nowhere...

attachicon.gifTwo Year Banner 1.png

attachicon.gifAnniversary Banner 2.png

Those were my submissions. My memory is so bad and I am so stupid that I put 'Happy Birthday' instead of Anniversary, but they are kinda shit anyways so it doesn't really matter.

I have heard that the banners will still change weekly, not sure if on the old one or not though. Maybe one of these will be used, but I doubt it.

Hey they're great man ;) It's just too bad that they asked for submissions then popped THIS out of nowhere :blink:

I think that it is great, aside from the toolbar at the top of the screen that scrolls with you. I prefer that to stay at the top of the page when I scroll down. Perhaps the developers could implement a feature that allows you to choose whether or not the toolbar stays at the top of the screen when you scroll.

• Brohoof 2

I don't mean to complain, but I've never been a fan of toolbars that scroll with you because they block things off. I'll be sticking to the old theme personally, but it's always good to have options. As they say, different strokes for different folks. I'm loving the party badge though. smile.png

Edited by Sugar Cube