Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celebrating 2 Years of MLP Forums

Twilight Sparkle ✨

campfire_party_by_tzelly_el-d69yg9i.jpg

Communities big and small grow great through harmony.

Those with passion can even grow great beyond the boundaries of all expectation.

~Artwork by Tzelly-El

Hello MLP Forums!

First things first: YAY ANNIVERSARY!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Ever wanted to change your member title? Or maybe you just want a bigger signature? While we cannot bring free donor perks back this year, we're pleased to offer a 20% discount on subscriptions for the next seven days! And to make the deal even sweeter than MMMM, everyone who subscribes or renews with this promo will get a custom email address on mlpforums.com, pony.fm, or poniverse.net (your choice)!

mlpforums.com email addresses were given to the first round of subscribers who financially supported the site's existence in its earliest days. After being unavailable to the general public for nearly two years, we're bringing back the opportunity to grab one for a limited time in commemoration of our second anniversary.

To take advantage of this special promo, purchase or renew your subscription as usual, but just add the coupon code YAYANNIVERSARY on the checkout screen. You'll be contacted via PM to choose your email address and get it set up. 

[/endsalespitch]

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect. It's time to come together. Listen to this song as you begin reading. smile.png
https://pony.fm/tracks/1441-freewave-time-to-come-together-plur-remix
It's hard to believe this place is already two years old, eh? It feels like only yesterday that I published a megapost chronicling the history of MLP Forums' first 366 days of existence. If a year is an eternity in Internet time, it may not be entirely wrong to look at our founding days as the legend of an ancient peoples. Hmm... no wonder I've been called an ancient elder...

2013 Posts Infographic.png
Speaking of ancient peoples, the sheer volume of posts, if printed out and stacked, would nearly reach the crest of the Great Pyramid of Giza. How's that for bronies with tons of time on their hands?

From MLPF's days as a humble bedroom project to its becoming the world's largest brony forum and still remaining a bedroom project, watching the community "move in" and grow has been an amazing spectacle to behold, and it's an honour to have played a role in catalyzing its growth. Though many things in the community have changed since its creation, we remain committed more than ever to our founding values of providing the richest brony community experience possible.

Establishing a parental unit in Poniverse may seem like a stark departure from the forum management I did two years ago, but this new structure allows us to operate like a real volunteer organization, giving us the ability to effectively manage many projects at once. We're in a better position than ever to develop and continue providing valuable services to the brony fandom, and despite what some skeptics may like to think, Poniverse was founded on the same principles that made MLP Forums successful.

It's no secret that managing Poniverse and balancing it with school is a huge commitment. With that in mind, after two amazing years at the helm of MLP Forums, it's time to turn in my alicorn badge, for the administration team we have now has proven itself more than capable of picking up where I'm leaving off today.

2013 Registrations Infographic.png
Speaking of vacationing in Haweewee, if we were to take the total amount of registrations on our site since our last anniversary and put each of those users in a single airport, we would need 20 1/2 of the largest known passenger planes.

To CD, Lavo, Arty, Swoop, Elvis, NC, and Spoon in no particular order - you guys are all amazing. You've already been pulling most of the weight around here in the past few months, and I could hardly have asked for a better team to manage the community's operations. Your support, patience, and integrity have played a massive role in shaping what we have now, and what Poniverse will give in the future.

To the MLP Forums community: though I may no longer be involved in the day-to-day ops of this community, I can say with full confidence that you are in better hands than ever before. The human mind can only keep track of so many things at a time, and the fragmentation of my attention led to some less-than-stellar results where things didn't need to go that way. As Poniverse's network director, I look forward to being able to focus on bringing new projects and experiences to life, unified together in the name of all that is poni.

Enough rambling from me. tongue.png Your forum leaders want to take this opportunity to reflect on the past and share some thoughts on the future. Grab a cider, pull up a comfortable chair, and start scrolling. smile.png

Preserving El Dorado

Has anyone here seen Dreamworks' The Road to El Dorado? Back in 2000, Dreamworks created a movie based around the quest to seek out the famed golden city of El Dorado, and the riches it contained. What made the movie so memorable for me as a young kid, was the opening song, written by legendary man Elton John.

Give it a listen.

I've been obsessed with this song for over a week, have listened to it frequently on my way to work and elsewhere; but only now, as I'm writing this, did the lyrics and meaning of the song strike a chord with me. If you pay attention to the lyrics, you'll see that the song's story boils down to a wonderful place created long ago for the people, of which is treated as a haven of sorts, as opposed to much of the rest of the world. It talks about the people who live there to that day, who strive to preserve El Dorado, and keep its' magnificence alive.

Two years ago to this day, Feldicorn and Kurtiss the Ancient Deity (my new nickname for him. Don't tell him.) created the wall of coding and work that we sit here posting ponies on to this day (albeit back then, it was hardly at where it is, now!) Along the way, a legacy of things has occurred, and a list of talented young pony fans have dedicated their time and energy to making our site thrive with life and fun for everyone to enjoy. Staff members have joined and given their all to make the site memorable, regular members have made the forum experience lively and friendly, and the users as a whole have made what would otherwise be nothing but a heartless pile of code, into something special.

I was not here for the forums' beginnings, but I'd like to think I did join at a time early enough to still be remembered to some veterans as the 'golden era'. Since that time, the forum certainly has changed. Things have gotten far larger, and goals to expand with Poniverse has been in high development for months. Many folks are no longer comfortable with such growth; they need the smaller, tight-knit, 'everybody pretty much knows everybody' feeling in a community to feel at their most comfortable. This is a perfectly understandable mindset to have, and in some ways, I agree with the folks who have left the forum in the past year or so.

But if you'd like to know why this twenty-year old spends so much time on a site like this, through thick and thin, through pony waves and pony droughts, through drama and more drama, it's because this community's vibe has not vanished, for me. When people leave for their own reasons, be it 'the management doesn't know what they're doing', 'I don't like big forums' or 'this place isn't what it used to be', I know that I try my hardest at the end of the day to make this an enjoyable place for pony fans to gather, and I believe I know the other members of the community enough to know they do the same.

No matter what may happen in the future, or what people's current thoughts are on how things are going, every person on this site is here because of either a common interest, or because they found something in this community that was worth spending their time on. Though drama and difference of beliefs are always common, there is something keeping this massive thing together, and as long as that exists, I will never see a reason to cease efforts to make this the greatest pony community we can make it smile.png

~Chaotic Discord~

Coming Full-Circle

Let’s turn the clock back momentarily to last June. BronyCon was underway in Secaucus, New Jersey with an attendance of 4,100 by the end of the event, obliterating their previous record. That’s a lot of humans to be packed into a building of that size. Among that roiling, sleepless mass was one now known to you as Artemis - an utterly unremarkable man of 23 years attending his first convention unaccompanied and unknown to anyone. For me this convention was a time of new beginnings. BronyCon 2012 gave me a taste of what friendship could be and whetted my appetite for more, prompting a search for a community where I could find it in abundance. BronyCon led me here. I found far more than I could have hoped for in this place. Everything came full circle this year with MLP Forums leading me back to BronyCon. No longer as an obscure, solitary man, but in the company of many friends I’ve made during my stay.

Getting to meet the people I’ve come to know and love here on the forum was the highlight of the convention for me. For over a year now I’ve become quite close to several people through the course of ordinary posting, Skype calls, texting, PMs, etc. Meeting up for the first time felt more like a reunion than an introduction.

We shared rooms, ate together, got lost together, drove the wrong way down one-way streets together, everything. If you can imagine the forum being a real, physical place, it would be BronyCon. Those bonds which I thought already unbreakable were somehow strengthened further in that time. Once it was all over and we prepared to part ways until next year, I saw a few tears issued. I’ll gladly admit that I bawled my eyes out in my car later. But it’s still hard for me to fathom how a few strangers from the internet can stumble upon a little pony forum and become so inextricably bound.

As the forum grew and Poniverse began to coalesce, I’ve heard people say that it’s just not what it once was communally. That it’s become too big to get to know anyone or enjoy old friends in the same way. This is a sentiment I’ve understood yet not shared, and BronyCon served only to solidify my position. We forum friends from around the nation and some from across the world arrived separately to a massive event of over 8000 people. Throughout our time there, we stuck together, doing as we pleased and making new friends along the way. We gained a few things and lost nothing. It’s really no different here. Your friends are still your friends and you are still you. No amount of growth or restructuring will change that.

~Artemis

No evolution without change. No future without a past.

It would be an understatement to assert that MLP Forums has undergone tremendous change within a span of two years. A website that began as a nascent idea among the collective machinations of Feld0 and Kurtiss has emerged as a sprawling community, the largest brony forum on the internet. BronyCon, believe or not, may only be just the tip of the iceberg. As anyone who knows Feld0 would admit, he is never satisfied with complacency. Neither are we, the MLP Forums staff. We echo Feld0’s commitment to making MLP Forums the place to discuss all things pony.

But MLP Forums is nothing without you, the community. All the bells and whistles, the stats and accolades—these things ring hallow if no one can give them life. In the past two years all of you have, in some shape or form, contributed to the sustained success of MLP Forums. From participating in discussions to collaborating on projects, each one of you serves as part of the forums’ lifeblood.

Rather than simply end by thanking you for all you have contributed, I want to ask each one of you something: Is MLP Forums a part of your future?

The fact of the matter is that MLP Forums, as part of the grand scheme that is the Poniverse, is on the cusp of becoming truly special. At the risk of sounding trite, there is almost an element of magic (See what I did there?) to the meteoric rise of this community. It very much mirrors the profound success of the fandom overall. With growth comes change, and sometimes that change is very painful. We could all cite the growing pains of the brony fandom. There are definitely darker moments we’d like to forget.

Will we seek to define our challenges rather than let them define us?

It may appear easier to shirk these trials by retreating. Rejecting the novel in favor of the comforts of the predictable can offer fleeting satisfaction. Yet that is exactly what it is: fleeting. Eventually one will be forced to retreat from new experiences, over and over again. When the dust finally settles, rather than embracing the past for what it is, the history we seek is often a new reality shaped by a distorted sense of continuity.

In truth, change can reconnect us with the past, enriching our history rather than causing it to stagnate.

MLP Forums is moving onto the next stage of its short yet winding history. It is nothing so dramatic or earth-shattering so as to leave us without continuity; but we are evolving. Our community will be riding the train of the Poniverse—with Feld0 wearing the conductor’s hat—into uncharted territory. Even better is the fact that we can pursue this journey together. Nobody is a stranger.

In Jeff Pearlman’s book, The Bad Guys Won, an account of the 1986 New York Mets championship season, there is a short story about Mike, a batboy, who considered joining the Mets. Mike was working with the Yankees, a historically successful ball club, while the Mets were only beginning to recover from years of successive losing seasons. Uncertain about his future, Mike asked Bobby Valentine, then third-base coach for the Mets, about whether he should stay with the predictable yet aging Yankees or take a risk with the budding Mets. Valentine replied by asking, “Son, do you want the elevator on the way up or the elevator on the way down?”

After two years of constant growth and change for MLP Forums, we can’t be certain as to exactly how or when we may arrive at our destination; but we do know where we are going. MLP Forums has rapidly evolved from a single hub for bronies into an expanding network of artists, musicians, writers, and avid fans. The Poniverse is bound and ready to take off, and MLP Forums will be at its heart.

The elevator is on the way up. Do you want to be on board?

~Thereisnospoon303

On Initiative (originally released to staff on June 28, 2013, as an internal memo)

Let it be said: Poniverse is complicated.

We have a community to run, a film project to host, a dashboard to build, and a video site to launch. We're bringing our stuff to the world's largest brony convention, and we provide one of the best outlets there is for bronies to interact.

Even if it was Kurtiss and I who got the ball rolling on MLP Forums in 2011, the combined contributions of all users and staff members, past and present, have shaped the community into the huge forum it is today - and the way we all see and participate in MLP Forums and the other Poniverse communities will continue shaping them as long as the brony fandom lasts.

And let it be said: Poniverse is big.

By all possible metrics, MLP Forums is a "big board". We've amassed nearly 14,000 members and 1.6 million posts in less than two years. About 100 new topics and 4000 new posts are made here every day. The amount of time the community has spent on MLP Forums, combined, exceeds a human lifetime. This community is bigger than any one of us staff members, and it means something special to an awful lot of real people. Naturally, the expectations people have of this community are high, and it's our task as its stewards to continue hosting an active, friendly, and welcoming environment for everyone who likes these cute little equines.
Like the individual contributions of a community's members add up to a huge breadth of content in an impressive environment, the individual contributions of its staff add up to a huge breadth of skills and interests that are represented in the community's operations. Even if within this forum, we all have our own circles of friends that we hang out with - and within Poniverse, our own favourite areas and sites that we frequent - the fact that we can all unite in the name of an even bigger picture is a testament to what we can accomplish when we all put in a piece of ourselves.

Finally, let it be said: Poniverse is a platform.

A platform for bronies to find fellow bronies. A platform for communities and friendships to form. A platform for projects to come together and present themselves to the world. A platform for dreams to come true.

When Kurtiss and I found support from fellow fans for the idea, MLP Forums was born. Later, MLP Forums evolved from a place to simply discuss a colourful TV show into a multifaceted community representing nearly every interest this fandom has. Now, it's all set to become a pillar of a network that will connect bronies in meaningful new ways.

When Elvis realized that a lot of other people enjoyed watching pony videos, Synchtube Fridays were born, later evolving into a dedicated site. Now, Equestria.tv is poised to become a video-sharing community itself.

When Arylett Dawnsborough wanted to create a place for MLP-themed roleplays to thrive, Roleplay World was born. Aureity and Key Gear took the vision further with various technical enhancements and the creation of the Advanced Roleplays section. And now, Ice Storm is heading up the ambitious new World of Equestria project that takes place in a fully realized Equestria, complete with lore and characters all its own.

When Cast wanted to make this fandom's first full-length feature film, he found his team here on MLP Forums and set to work. Many months later, a very real movie is visibly coming together and he joined forces with us as partners to give The Last Stand of Harmony a place on the Internet to call home. In the future, this project will serve as an excellent portfolio piece for all of his team members who wish to break into the animation industry.

When Nelson wanted to build a music hosting site for bronies, he found Pony.fm and joined forces with me to bring a feature-rich music platform to the world. Now, he's working to build it into an even greater experience to rival the likes of SoundCloud and Google Music.

It's far from an exhaustive list, but a consistent theme should be emerging by now: if you have a project you want to realize, Poniverse can give you the resources and community support to make it happen. All you have to do is take charge of your idea and start using the resources on offer.

I may be installed as Poniverse's owner, but that doesn't mean I have to be the guy in charge of every last operation here - nor should I. With the sheer number of projects, interests, and passions that Poniverse can represent, there simply isn't enough time in any one person's day to personally handle everything. All of this community's greatest achievements happened when someone took charge of their idea and pushed it into reality.

While most of us have a staff title that implies certain responsibilities, we all have the ability to strike up a conversation with any other staff members via private messages, Skype, or by posting a Star Swirl announcement. Whether you want to start a weekly gaming event or launch an entire new Poniverse website, the true realization of your idea will always start with one person...

You.

Want to make something happen? It's up to you. And if you need the assistance of people with specific skills or traits - artists, administrators, writers, moderators, coders, night owls, project managers, video producers, etcetera et al - find them in the community, pitch your idea to them, and let them know how they will play a role in making it real.

Poniverse is here for all of us. How will you make it yours?

~ Feld0

I began this post with a song about coming together. In closing, have one about not splitting apart once we're there.
https://pony.fm/tracks/780-freewave-brohoofs-tarby-pony-confessions-we-are-the-end-remix
You know what's a strange thought? All of us have, collectively, put over 114 years' worth of time into crafting this site into the community it is today. 73 of those years were spent between our last anniversary and today's. Talk about dedication.

The sands of time have been heralding change through all that time as the forum staff were, continue to, and will always be challenged with the tall order of meeting your high expectations of this ever-growing community. Much like the site and community change over time, so do the staff maintaining it. As former staff pass their responsibilities off to new generations of members, each leave their personal touch irreversibly ingrained in the community.

Stewarding MLP Forums or any of Poniverse's projects is more than a "job" to fritter away time you'd normally spend playing video games. It is an opportunity to volunteer your skills and passions for the benefit of a community much larger than yourself. An opportunity to help this community receive a noncommercial social experience only possible at the scale of a multitalented, multinational, multifaceted organization committed to making the ponynet a better place. An opportunity to contribute toward something larger than the sum of its parts. Many of the staff that previously served Poniverse may no longer with us, but everything the current team does is influenced by and built on the work of all who came before them. On the behalf of the current team that carries Poniverse forward today, I'd like to express a sincere thank-you to the many more who came before.

In a time when something as seemingly trivial as a certain purple unicorn sprouting wings creates more controversy among bronies than many real-life political hot potatoes, I think it's safe to say that the fandom's future lies in acknowledging our differences not as grounds for war, but justification for cooperation. The more of us hop on this ride, the more fun we'll all have reveling in the magic of friendship.

See ya 'round the Poniverse! biggrin.png
  • Brohoof 90

Two years, man I am proud to be part of such a great forum. I might have just joined a couple of months ago, but it feels like I've been here since the very start, because you people of this wonderful forum welcomed me with open arm (hooves if you're into the pony talk) and it's been great! Thank you so much Feld0 and the rest of the mods and admins for making this place great,and thanks to all the great friends I have made.

CHEERS TO ANOTHER 2 YEARS!

7967647002_a92733967e_o.gif

• Brohoof 24

Its been a fantastic few months for me here. I've gone from the newbie, to forum games King to the newest Poniverse Staff...and now, to a lacky of the green :3

I've met many great friends, and had plenty of fun throughout my time within the Poniverse, and I don't see this ending any time soon for me. However, this is to celebrate 2 years of MLP Forums, a site created from the dubious minds of Felds and Kurtiss. Id like to thank both of them for what they have done for us, giving us this place to hang out,have fun,make friends and pony on.

Id also like to thank every friend I have ever made here for the fun times and I cant wait for what the future hold for the Poniverse and MLP forums in general.....I know it will be bright...

• Brohoof 2

But Feld0 my clock says "10/4/2013"! It's a day la- oh right you're three hours behind me. Never mind!

Even though my time on here has been short so far, it's been a great one. I've been proud to call MLP Forums my home away from home.

• Brohoof 3

I'm super new here and I kinda got banned when I first came cause I made to many accounts! My bad >.>(\ but that's behind me and in the few days that I've been a part of this forum, I've smiled, laughed, and had a good experience meeting new friends. It means something to me that this place exists and that I'm a part of it, and as long as it continues exists I'll be here, maybe not everyday but I'll be here forever! I wanna thank my best friend in real life Chivalry Knight! He totally inspired me to try my best to get un-banned and join him here! The people here are really great too, I mean I felt so welcomed when I joined and I'm really happy that I'll be able to share my creativity with all of you as well as experience all of yours as well. So happy 2nd year and may there be many more to come! 

Edited by Pride
  • Brohoof 2

It's hard to believe that it's been so long. I was here for last year's announcement too, though I completely missed it due to my habit of never leaving Show Discussion and Sugarcube, ever. And now I'm marginally less out of the loop than I was back then sleep.png. A big thanks to everybody who's made this place worth sticking around for so long, and here's to the hope of being able to say the same thing next year with even more new friends and happy memories.

• Brohoof 6

Yowzah... Talk about a barge of a post... :lol:

Can't say I read it all (that would take a while for me (I'm a really slow reader)), but I think I get the jist of it.

It feels like the last anniversary was just a few months ago... Like, 12 months ago... Weird.

I've had my ups and downs here; I've become semi-famous for my graphics design, I've been hate-mailed for it, I've left for long periods of time, but I came back and I was remembered. It's awesome to be able to talk to people with common interests (AKA ponies) without having to track them down. It's awesome being able to see the amazing art people create, and to be able to make other people happy with art of your own. Nearly everybody I've met here is fun to talk to. In all my time here since April of last year, I've had so much fun meeting new people and enjoying their content -- whether it be videos, art, music, or just funny and intelligent posts.

Thank you, all the members of MLP Forums, for being cool.

And thank you, Feld0, for making it possible for all these cool people to come together.

~MatrixChicken

• Brohoof 2

happy_birthday_pony.png

I was the book-definition of a forum nomad for years. My first forum was a small-time Sonic forum back in 2007, and after that died from inactivity, I proceeded to go to five more Sonic and alike fan forums, staffing some, being an active member in others, and just lurking a few now included in that numbered amount, but this is my first big-time forum, and also my longest-running one, unless I'm mistaken. But, amount of time and celebrations like this one for it is only a pass-time. The relationships and community is what's important smile.png Past, present and even future staff and members who have helped to build what we have today are all that really matter. Some people come, some people go, but in the end, everyone who has passed through here put in time as a human being to help this fan site thrive, and for that, loves to all.

The ride has had ups and downs for sure so far, but in the end, no relationships I've made do I at all regret, and even those who have left and decided to move on to a new step of online-community life, I still remain in contact with happily. I look forward to making more of these throughout season 4's explosion of activity, as well as the continued future of this fandom, and this site <3 Hearts and hugs for everypony.

@, come in here so I can use you as a handkerchief.

• Brohoof 6

TL;DR...

Nah, I'm joking around, but It's been such a pleasure to see this place grow for the small time I've been here, I personally joined on Fedl0's birthday, and from that time, I've seen the place grow so much, seen member's evolve as per say, and just everything become different, I Love it, and it's a great place to be, I wish I'd come here earlier, but I feel it's such an honour to be here, I'd love to thank all staff and admin's for keeping this place to what it is, and I'll be sure to stick around for as long as possible, and donate more soon.

I hope this experience grows for so many more people, and this doesn't die out anytime soon, it's been the best place to be for me, for the last few months.

Thank you to all the friends I've made here, and all staff, love you all, and this place has made me happier than I can think at times, it's a great site to be on, and I'm glad It's growing and becoming more than it was, I guess this will be an adventure for us all, and I hope it's a good road ahead. <3

~TooManyUsernames. <3

• Brohoof 3

I'd just like to say that I love this place. I am a member of many forums, but lately the only one I have been using is this one, due to the great community. Two years, eh? Well, from what I have seen, there will be many more, just as good if not better than those gone before.

• Brohoof 1

I'm either a man of few words, or far too many.

...I don't really know where I was going with that, but nevertheless, I want to extend my congratulations to MLP Forums, and the Poniverse as a whole on making it two years and continuing to blossom forth and grow into a vibrant and extensive Brony community. Personally, I've been here for almost one and a half of those two years, and its been an absolute delight to have been and continuing to be a part of this wonderful place. 

Though my knowledge of exact future plans for the Poniverse network is lacking, I have no doubt there are great ambitions for it, and I reserve the same confidence in the people who work hard at expanding and maintaining it.

In short, Happy Birthday MLP Forums. May I, and yourself, be around this time next year for another one of these posts. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Oh bravo, Feld0, well written (and the other staff too :3)

I have only been a part of this wonderful community for about two months but the hard work put in to developing a solid platform for the fandom is evident.

Here's to another two years! And two years after that, then two years after that... I want to see this forum to be still standing in the ashes of the fandom, held together by bonds of friendship that has been forged over time right here on mlpforums.

Good job.

• Brohoof 2

I do not want to be a negative person here but I do have one concern. Marco's leaving of staff and I guess the forums (seen him recently so not sure on that) holds a bit more merit than I thought. See, I love these forums. I joined roughly two days after declaring myself a Brony and it was amazing. The community felt so welcoming and I felt completely renewed. It has been an interesting year as I feel over the past year the forums have gone downhill. Despite this, I think they might be on an uphill climb, especially with season 4 approaching. I truly am excited for the future of the show and seeing this community hopefully improve further. I see the beginning of it, I hope it continues.

Now my only problem, in a way, is this Poniverse idea. While it does sound neat on paper, my only concern is that the forums themselves will become obscured through it all, just another part of a bigger thing instead of being a big thing within itself, which is what it truly felt like when I joined over a year ago. The proof is kinda in the pudding with the new theme, which I actually like by the way. The only thing is that it kinda reminds me of Equestria Daily, and it almost feels like the tone of the forums themselves are starting to change. For better or for worse, I have no idea yet. Can't really tell the future. I just don't want to see the forums go into this basket of other things and then have it's importance just diminished. For me personally, Poniverse itself just isn't all that exciting. MLP forums is what I love and that is why I will continue to be here, continue to donate, and continue to make things such as banners for it. I don't want this community to lose it's importance.

img-1902141-1-33953__safe_rainbow-dash_a

Does this make sense to anypony? Despite all of my negative moments that I have had and some of my personal gripes, this forum really is important to me. It is the first ever community that I have ever felt truly apart of, both internet wise and non internet and that is very special to me. That feeling when I first joined was one f the best feelings I have ever had in my life, that is sincere and I will never forget it.

Then again, maybe I am wrong and this type of worry is pointless.. Who knows. I fully accept that possibility. I am not here to diminish the positive spirit. I think it is great that this community has been around this long and I hope it stays for a long, long time. I am just saying that these forums is what matters most to me in terms of 'Poniverse'. I guess I just need a positive attitude. That is all I want, both with the forums and the show itself. So many positive things to look forward to and this community is one of the forefronts to discuss such great things. Don't get me wrong with this post, I am not flat out objecting to something, just voicing a slight concern that may not even be needed. I think a positive spirit is coming back to these forums during this horrendous drought and it puts a smile on my face, it truly does. :) I want to see it more and more.

Beyond this, cake for everypony.

^ Pretend there is a cake there. And perhaps some ice cream. Put that imagination to work!

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 7

February 2013, I joined this forum. From the beginning, I knew this would be the place that I would fit in most. Discussing the things I love so much. And it only took me about 5 minutes to confirm those thoughts. I may not have been searching for too long, but I knew I would never need to search again. But I never truly harnessed this forums raw power of friendship until a few months later when I became a member of staff. There I met, chatted and worked alongside staff members and non staff members alike who now are my greatest online friends. And i couldn't be more grateful to the MLP Forums and Poniverse for getting me where i am today. This website isn't just about chatting about ponies discovering the magic of friendship, its about taking those teaching and discovering it for yourself.

Heres to the next 2 years, and beyond.

• Brohoof 2

Happy birthday!

I sure had a great time over the year and a bit I´ve been here (though I have been very inactive for about the first half of it due to personal problems). This place means a lot to me, I wanna thank everyone on here, whoever you are, where you from or how you define yourself and especially our staff, who doesn't have an easy job managing this forums so Discord doesn't take over it stays cool and true.

I have no idea about Poniverse, but I trust you guys if you say that it will be a great expansion, and...

yay! a party!

• Brohoof 3

I've only been here for a short time, but this is my internet home.

My MLP forums profile page is my house,

My MLP forums password is my house keys,

Thanks MLP forums staff for providing such a nice, friendly forum.

• Brohoof 3

I've only been around here for... phew, less than five months. But this place here has become a part of my daily life and it feels strange to not sign in when I'm at home sitting in front of my PC... Intriguing. Nah, doesn't matter. The most important thing is that this site and everything related to it, from the members to the whole poniverse project, is one of the best things I experienced since I'm a brony and I can say that even with the many problems in my life, I don't regret joining this place. And I hope that it will always be the one place I know where I can talk about ponies and everything else.

Happy anniversary, forums! And may there be many more!

• Brohoof 5

1250.gif

Nah, I read it, by your definition, but I know I just read it half-blindly.

Since I joined these forums, it has been almost a year. At my very first moment here, I was greeted by a warm atmosphere, more than I thought I would feel. Honestly, I had never experienced such friendly community in many years.

I remember the first time I met some old members which later became my close friends. The memory of giggling every morning whenever I clicked my notification and found them mentioning my name still runs very clear in my mind. Discussing not only ponies but also many other funny things. Also role playing. My writing thread was bustling with activities and new creative works every day. Heck, I even planned some grand projects as a gift for the forums, to show my love to the community.

Then you know what happened. A friend got banned, another followed, more rage quitted. Not even a quarter of them are still here now. Seeing my last notification recorded dates instead of hours felt like a leaking blood vessel in my forehead.

Well, I know some of you also feel the same. Don't lie to me. What I want to tell you is to shut up and wait. Don't even think of making shitty drama which sickens me to my limit. You can grow a new bond with some new people here. They're not bad. I know old friends can't be replaced, but well, life is full of possibilities.

ef7f77eacef2a171b3b8fec22bcaa2b8.gif

Growing community means more people to troll be friends and butt hurt have fun with, so cheer up, and burn greet those dirt bags people. Show them the same warmth as the one you felt when you first came here, as I did, and as our old friends did.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 7

Happy anniversary MLP Forums! So, this fine place has been online for two years now? That is really awesome :D! Even though I have only been part of this since the beginning of September I'm really glad to be here smile.png ! This forum has become very special to me and has impacted my life just as much (if not more) than Friendship is Magic itself. Here is to another two years and beyond!

133912013031.gif

Happy Birthday MLP forums!

It's been 2 years and the members of this forums is rising!

Well usually forums don't get anniversaries like this but this forum is!

I would like to congratulate for your your big BIG celebration.

Also the new interface really styled up for the celebration.

So prepare your cups and let's party!

hqdefault.jpg

Wow really two years? I've only been on here since May and I feel like I ce been on here forever :D

It's amazing how one thing starts small and then through time, it changes drastically! :) happy birthday MLP Forums

Two years gone past already! Such an honor to be with everyone here, I really don't know what to say other than saying how much of an awesome experience it is just to be a part of this forum. Huge thank you to the admins, mods and especially the creator of the forum ^.^ 

Here's to another 2 years and beyond!