Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celebrating 2 Years of MLP Forums

Twilight Sparkle ✨

It's hard to believe I've been here for almost a year and 3 months. This forum site has caused a rather impressive impact on my life, meeting great people as well as getting to know them. I have gained a few great friends from this site, which would've never happened if it didn't spawn. I also know this forum has been a great place to help people going through rough patches in their life, as well as spending time discussing the awesome show that is MLP. I'd like to thank everyone for making this site what it is today, and that is including it's members.

• Brohoof 1

As you can plainly tell, I am a man of few words. What I have to say is often stated succinctly within one to two essays sentences. Thus I'm happy I didn't contribute too much to the celebratory wall of text.

tongue.png

It's hard to believe that two years have passed! I've been here since January of 2012, shortly after I returned from a convention a newly adopted brony, and have witnessed the ebb and flow of this community ever since. This is a ride I cherish dearly, even after years of administrating/moderating forums of all shapes and sizes. I don't want to get too far out ahead of myself, but you guys are really tops in my book. The unique experiences all of you have provided me are memories I hope I can retain for the rest of my life. I really want to thank you all for your continued participation and support.

I don't think I'll ever be accustomed to seeing Feld0 without his alicorn badge. His imperial reign presence as an admin has been such a fixture here on the forums. Even so, I'm glad to have worked with him in his time as an active admin. Now he can be like Dr. Manhattan (sans being blue and nude), flying off into space to create new life or something. Actually, I prefer to make him analogous to JC Denton and Helios finally fusing at the end of Deus Ex. His consciousness is now one with MLP Forums. tongue.png

I'll end here by saying I hope we can make you proud, Feld0, as we endeavor to run MLP Forums into the ground into the future. Of course I also hope we can continue to provide the best place to discuss all things pony for you, the people.

And then we will fulfill Feld0's destiny.

bane.gif

Let the games begin! (And may the best pet win!)

• Brohoof 7

Two years already? It feels like I read the last anniversary post just a few weeks ago. I've made many friends on here and I love this place. I made most of my friends the first year since it's easier to make new friends and get to know people when the forums are not flooded with people, you get closer to each other more easily. Though I have made a few friends during the second year too and some of those are amazing! *hugs for all of my friends* <3 I've been here for 1 year and 8 months now and I've had an amazing time here, the forums grows bigger with poniverse coming and all that, which I am quite excited for.

I don't really have much to say, it has all gone so fast.

I have seen many forum family members leave the site which is very sad, I wish many of my old forum friends still were here. But of course, new times, new friends, new experiences. Personally I will stay on this site as long as it's up if I continue to love it as much as I still do and I hope I'll see you guys for the MLP Forums 3-years anniversary too img-1903559-1-smile.png

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

Yay! I'm so happy for the forums! I've actually been a registered member since October 2011 myself, and I definitely can't believe it's been two years already! I can safely say this community has been a life-changing experience for all of the right reasons. I've loved all 25 accumulative days I've spent here. The staff members are all so absolutely awesome, the users are the friendliest I've ever seen, and all in all this place is cyber home to me and I don't ever want to leave! I don't know what else to say but thank you to all involved in making this place what it is.

Congratulations to MLP Forums on a wonderful and fun-filled two years! Here's to another two, and then some! laugh.png

thumb.jpeg

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

Happy two years to the forums! It's like the forums flourished from a small community, into a huge blossoming butterfly. I can honestly say, that I'm happy that I'm spending my time here with the staff and all of my friends here. Thank you everyone, we have fulfilled our destiny of growing as one community!

tumblr_maiv588q9r1rthxy9o1_500.gif

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

Happy birthday MLP Forums, and thank you all for a great 6 months of being here.

As listed in my thank you thread, I will list people that made my self confidence in my designs stronger.

Chaotic Discord: for saying stuff that actually made me feel great and increased my self confidence in designing.

Kyoshi: without him, I would've been a failure.

I would also like to thank the whole community.

• Brohoof 1

Remember the first anniversary? Dayum, that was absolutely INSANE. Glad to see how well the forums growing.

Here's to another year, everypony!

...and another year of ~Chaotic Discord~ and Thereisnospoon not blowing up the forum!

• Brohoof 3

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Sweet mother of celestia. That's a huge post Feld0. Anyways Congratulations to everyone for experiencing this event. I will definilty remember this.

I could write something sentimental. Or perhaps thank everybody who help make this place awesome. Maybe I could reminisce about all the good times...

Nah, I'll just brag about being here since day 1, like I normally do. Ahem...

BEEN HERE ALL TWO YEARS THAT'S ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AND THERE AIN'T NO MORE PERCENT AFTER THAT GET ON MY LEVEL BITCHES

But seriously, I love this site. Don't plan on seeing me leave any time soon ;)

Also, am I the only one who feels like it's actually been longer than 2 years?

• Brohoof 8

Also, am I the only one who feels like it's actually been longer than 2 years?

Probably, yeah wacko.png

It feels like I've been here for like.. 9 months maybe.

And yeyeye you are soooooo amazing dry.png

...I wish I would have joined earlier sad.png

But Evilshy I haven't really seen much of you lately? What happened to you?

• Brohoof 3

Wow.. two whole years. Well for me it has only been about 5 months but already this is my favorite place on the entire internet. Never will you meet a greater group of people on the internet then here at the MLP Forums. What great two years this has been for the Forums and a great five months it has been for me and let us have many more great ones together!

Thereisnospoon I enjoyed that little thing from The Bad Guys Won, that is a great book and I'm just saying if any of you are looking for something to read you should read that.

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

For me personally, my one year anniversary of membership is coming up. I wish I signed up earlier, because I actually became a Brony shortly after the forum itself started. The people here are amazing and I have the most incredible connection with some of them. :D This is the best group of online friends I have made since I was in the Powerpuff Girls World forum in 2004-2005. That forum suddenly died without warning. Most of us soon regrouped on Deviantart, but the magic just wasn't the same.

I can't wait to see what this place is like once Season 4 draws near.  :)

• Brohoof 2

Afterthoughts and Blah~

-Evilshy, our deranged but awesome friend over in Beyond Equestria is on hiatus until further notice, from the forums entirely, in addition to moderation duties. Their current living arrangements have rules regarding limited internet access, and thus, until they can relocate, they're going to have to do a bare minimum of lurking. Come back to us when you can, Evilshy! D;

Found le here --> http://mlpforums.com/topic/73265-with-your-powers-combined-i-will-vacation-in-haweewee/

For me personally, my one year anniversary of membership is coming up.

</3 I completely failed and didn't notice my personal anniversary had come and gone, about a month after the fact. Sadface.

• Brohoof 4

Thank you, ~CD~ smile.png

It's actually not quite as bad as the Haweewee thread makes it out to be. I pop in every day or 2 to check notifications/PMs and to post in important/cool threads.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Happy 2 year anniversary. The anniversary is actually 2 years after my birthday. I can't wait for my first anniversary here and I am really glad that I found this place to chat and hangout with other pony fans. Honestly I was on another MLP forum before and a lot of the people there were rude and hurt me a lot which almost made me lose my love for ponies but I was so lucky to come across this cool community where I can love ponies once again so thank you everyone for creating such a cool friendly place for all pony/brony fans.

I find it funny on how most people seem to talk more about the staff than their friends in this occasion. I know they're important, since they waste their time for our sake by moderating the site, but honestly, the members is the blood of the community, as has been said.

The anniversary is actually 2 years after my birthday.

OpoQQ.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I find it funny on how most people seem to talk more about the staff than their friends in this occasion. I know they're important, since they waste their time for our sake by moderating the site, but honestly, the members is the blood of the community, as has been said.

No kidding. What good are police in a ghost town? What good is dedication and perseverance to maintain a site's quality when there are no users to make the activity or content?

Liked your post earlier about 'stop being dramatic, make new friends' a lot, as well. Way too many people decide things aren't worth it anymore after their long-time friends leave, or use that as a reason for why they don't feel like staying. Well, you don't move away from where you live just because some friends have moved away. You keep going. There's no reason to remove all ties to a place you enjoy just because some people have moved on. I don't get what's so hard about keeping in touch with people through Skype and other things, while also keeping up with a site you got into because of the topic and or community in the first place. Nor do I get why people think it's impossible to PM some new people and make a minor effort to get to know them.

What was that quote from the first episode, again?...

Oh yeah :3

Every user is Pilot Episode Twilot Spackle, I suppose.

People will say, 'oh but all those people are leaving because the forums are changing', and, this is (mostly) true. As this topic went into excruciating detail over (some folks who TL;DR'd should take a moment to try it out img-1904273-1-wink.png), yes, the forums are changing (albeit a big point is, change is not inherently bad, and we're all seeking to make things the best we can for the community at the end of the day and are always open to feedback). The biggest being, it's simply getting bigger.

And, while yes, there are a number of people from both on staff and off who have left because of these legit reasons (preferring smaller communities to large ones, having personal, grounded reasons for not appreciating the way things are being done, even after seeking to give feedback and resolution and giving things time to see if they get better), there are just as many people who I feel hop on this 'leave' bandwagon, using 'their friends leaving' as their reasoning.

The result is, a somewhat normal rate of people leaving from natural disagreement about management or growth, has been expanded through drama, which then creates more drama over the fact that there's a higher level of people leaving (through drama).

After all, The Universal Law of Thermodynamical Drama is quite clear:

law_of_drama.png

And to steal a quote from TheBronyHeart:

post-4006-0-28825300-1380954994_thumb.png

Guess what I'm trying to say is,

-If you don't like big forums, I give you good luck to you in finding one that fits your size.

-If you don't like how things are run, I'd hope you approach the management and give your concerns in a concise, clear and professional way, so that we can do the very best we can in helping you, seeing as we try our best to not be soulless politicians who don't care about the individuals, except on Thursdays.

-If you're thinking of leaving, I encourage you to try and reflect on your true reasonings why. Whether your friends leaving is putting you off or a drought has got you down, I'm sure leaving the site and trying to severe your connection is not the one and only option you can take.

• Brohoof 7

A Memory From Dawn~

request___dawnrider_oc_s_by_kenniks-d624

This forum has been the focus of my attention on the internet for well over 6 months. In that time I've met great people who have become close friends of mine, I've played a ridiculous number of forum games in which I've banned moderators, married random people and apparently found quite a large number of others in my bed....

I have spent many long hours talking with people via PM's, I've taken part in a short podcast even though I had to leave, I've made many suggestions to the staff, I've become staff myself, I've seen fellow staff leave and fellow members join the ranks. I've posted numerous times in debates,general discussions,show discussions and a few times in Octavia's hall. I've ordered many pieces of art in the commission section and I've spent many MANY hours talking on MANY different skype groups, from the staff lounge to Marco's stream chat.

I have sung in front of people for a fundraiser, which pretty much killed me ;_; , I've donated a few times, I've discussed gaming with people, I've done a few random pieces of art that are still floating around somewhere. I have joined the steam group, I've begun a Newsletter (First issue coming next month now since things didn't really get off to a start quickly ^^; ) , I've discussed different languages with Peter and Nelson, I've spent long hours watching ponies on the old Eqtv, I left and joined the army, spending any time I could on my tablet on this site.

All these experiences...and more... in only 6-7 months... I can only imagine what experiences people have made in 2 years.

While we have seen some people leave, both members AND staff,we shouldn't lose track of what we're here for. Sure, it begins with ponies,but it always ends with friends. Sure it's sad to see friends migrate in the drought and its understandable if they leave for personal reasons, but don't forget, every time a new member joins, you have a chance to make a new friend. I know myself that I send random PM's out every now and then to talk to people, make new friends and offer help if it's needed.

So get out there and say hello to new people, talk to them and you may just find something in common and make some great new friends, while still retaining your older friends.

This forum,no,this community has gone through alot, both good times and bad in the last 2 years.... however I see a bright future ahead. And I hope to see you all with me when we get there happy.png

<3 Luv Dawn~

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 12

Hmm cool, it's great to see the site continuing to succeed in so many ways and that people still enjoy it. It's quite a remarkable accomplishment. So props to everyone involved, old and new members, previous and new staff members alike~

Although my own actual interest here is near its end like many others, people shouldn't look down to everything else they like about the site. Don't let friends or people you like change your view of it, it might end up being a mistake you'll regret. So don't rush to "i'm leaving" before you actually feel it holds zero interest to you.

Keep several sites to your interest at once, you're not bound to one community that's all i'm saying. More fun, less drama for everyone. :)

----

So Happy Anniversary MLP Forums~

• Brohoof 3

For everyone who made it to the TF2 event, thanks! Some of those battles were absolutely intense. Probably the best anniversary event for anything I've ever been to. It's too bad my Internet didn't decide to cooperate with me during the Doublecross match though.

Working together as a team with people I've known for only a few months, though, felt positively amazing. Happy anniversary guys.

• Brohoof 3

I forgot to give everypony a song to party too for the anniversary....so have this...

Don't forget to rock out and have fun <3
Here
's to another 2 years <3

• Brohoof 2

Jezz 2 years already? Time flies when your having fun I guess!

Congratulations mlp forums! I hope you stick around for many years to come(and I hope I do aswell. )

Thank you to all of the staff for helping upkeep the place. Aswell as the members in general, I think I've said it enough but I'll say it again, I love y'all!

Happy birthday mlp forums! Hope to celebrate next year with ya!

• Brohoof 3

Wow, two years of MLP forums, let's hope for another two years here. Despite the fact that joined a couple of months ago. And have a wonderful retirement of admining or something.