Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does your family think of MLP-FiM?

Misterian

topic is self-explanatory.

My two younger sisters enjoy the show pretty well, one of them is actually in her 20's like I am, which might've made her a Pegasister if she actively participated in the fandom like I do, she actually watched the show for a while but at one point stopped watching it at the middle of the second season 'cause she got interested in other stuff.

My youngest sister is 7, so she's actually part of the target audience, and she enjoyed watching all the episodes as much as I did. I've even occasionally read to her some of my favorite fanfics, so she knows about the Brony fandom

My Dad knows I like this show, but he's been mostly indifferent about it, though he does respect how I have different interests and tastes than him. I've tried to get him interested in MLP-FiM, but no luck so far though. But the fact I got him to sit through around 5-minutes of the 'Green Isn't Your Color' episode could only mean either that there's hope he can be persuaded to get into it, or he was just too tired after a hard day's work to get off his chair while I was watching it on Netflix.

Well, my older sister thinks it sucks and prefers gen 1 (of course she hasn't watch GEN 1 in years so she has no idea how bad it actually is.) My grandmother says that gen 1 is better and so does my mother. My father could care less and the fact that he asked my mother what a brony is despite me being an open brony says how much he cares about my interests. My mother watched "Dragonshy" with me and said, "This show is stupid." My older cousin thinks the show sucks and that the ponies need to be shot. I never disclose my interests to my family anymore because it always gets called stupid no matter what it is...Wreck It Ralph, Portal, Ponies, and Anime are all prime examples of this. 

Welcome to my family. 

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 5

Well... my parents bug me about it pretty often but it's all in good fun so I don't really mind, it kinda makes me happy to know that they notice my interests sometimes, although I'm usually locked away in my room watching anime or playing video games lol. To be a bit more elaborate my Mother thinks it is truly a joke that I like My Little Pony and won't let me forget it, but she goes along with it and that's good enough for me. My Dad is more accepting and is seemingly glad to know that I am being myself and embracing something I love, which is ironic because usually I'd imagine the Mother to be that way LOL, but whatever, neither of them really know what a "Brony" is though, they kind of just know I'm a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and so much so that I implement ponies into many parts of my life XD

My Brothers... Justin thinks it's lame, he wants to kill ponies and constantly insults "Rainbow Dash" because I mention her quite often. He can't really pronounce the names of many of the characters; not that he cares either way, and he kind of says "Oh god..." whenever I mention them! HAHA! He's exactly one year younger than I am.

My other Brother Michiel is way cooler about it. While he isn't a huge fan like I am he does enjoy the show from time to time and doesn't have anything bad to say in regards to it, he kind of looks up to me though so I could see that being the case.

My best friends are totally fine with it (even the darker sides of it) LOL, they're totally cool. Some of them are even fans of it themselves, two of them are huge fans like me too and that's always a good thing. 

I also feel like mentioning my Uncle just because... he's kinda scary and he's bald! And really strong! LOL But seriously, to my surprise he doesn't bug me about it, he's kinda like my Dad to that regard.

Don't really feel like mentioning anybody else in my family so I'll just it at that haha.

They know xD

My mother diffinately knows and my other family members have probably seen me reading a comic or two or heard something pony related comimg from my computer.

Over here, Gen 4 isn't aired at all so some just see it as a cartoon no different from spongebob or something like that so no big deal.

I suppose the only worry my folks would have is me getting the toys I think, that might have them raising an eyebrow haha.

My family thinks it's great! My brother watches it, I watch it, my mom watches it when we show it to her, and my dad is kinda oblivious... but then he's almost deaf so when we talk about ponies I'm not sure he quite gets it. But everyone is cool with ponies, they're awesome. 

Don't know about my extended family, although I'm fairly certain they know I'm a brony... I'll bet some of them watch the show too ;)

I don't really live with my parents but my mother always knew I loved My Little Pony.

When she threw away all my toys from when I was a kid she kept all my G2 ponies. Now my father has them and I can only hope he hasn't thrown them away sad.png

My father...I dunno...he did saw my new pony toys on the shelf and mentioned something about them but I can't really remember what, I stopped tried to get his approval many years ago.

My boyfriend on the other hand is very supportive, he can see how much it inspires my art. He watched some episodes with me and he likes the show in english (because in italian is one of the most horrific things you could watch).

So I guess that, overall, I can't complaine.

my family is agianst me watching it. they think i am "weird" for it, most likely due to having so many songs on my ipod that exist solely because of the show. we dont talk about it much at all anymore, but i'd say they refuse to give it a chance.

• Brohoof 2

my family is agianst me watching it. they think i am "weird" for it, most likely due to having so many songs on my ipod that exist solely because of the show. we dont talk about it much at all anymore, but i'd say they refuse to give it a chance.

Ah the ipod, gateway to the soul.

Its probably a good thing my folks don't come with me when I walk the dogs, I tend to start singing the "So Many Wonders" song while i'm walking though the trees and fields haha.

• Brohoof 1

my parents simply don't approve of guys, especially me, watching such a show. it's a hopeless cause trying to explain anything to them, so i'm just gonna have to l with it. :/

My parents don't really care, they think it's a bit weird, but they don't comment on it.

My young brother and sister think I'm really weird.

My friends don't really have much to say about it apart from "My Little Pony is gay."

Meh. Whatever.

When I first told my mom that I brony she didn't know what that was so we spent like an hour discussing it which eventually ended in her wanting me to buy her Doctor Whooves or Derpy stuff when me and my friend went to BronyCan, I thought this was weird but accepted it :P now she has a stuffed Woctor Whooves on her desk at work lol

• Brohoof 2

Well, my mother is somewhere between "Hehehe, funny and interesting..." and "Well, he's still playing Poke'mon, so whatever."

But my father is just shaking his head. He lost interest into any kind of fiction long ago. He doesn't talk about it and goes away when I, no matter if accidentally or intentionally, start talking about ponies. Well, at least he doesn't complain.

My 10 year old sister likes the show, as does my 13 year old sister (who is a geek), though she thinks I freak out about it too much.

My 21 year old sister thinks it's dumb, no matter how many times I demonstrate that the show contains her two favorite Doctors.

My parents think it's lame, but they already thought I was lame, so wutevs.

My dog has no opinion, because she is a dog.

My mom's been calling me gay for the last month and a half. 

So has my little sister.

I just say, "whatever you wanna think, guys!" And proceed to blast the Smile Song in my room on full blast. On repeat.

Oh well, never really bothered about that. Aside from that I tend to use different wallpapers on my PC almost daily and when my mother noticed an MLP Wallpaper I had up, all she said was: "That's for little kids" I actually started laughing and replied "Who cares?" then she left my room, it's not like she cared though lol. Also watched one episode with my little cousins and they simply laughed at that show, thought it's retarded and such but whatever lol

My 13 year old brother really likes the show, even though he really isn't as into it as I am. My mom seems sorta indifferent about it, I don't think she cares a whole lot and sticks up for me when my aunt picks on me for it.

My aunt's son is 10 and he LOVES ponies, perhaps even more than I do. He draws them constantly and has even made a fanfic about Doctor Whooves and Derpy. It's really goofy, but he wants me to post it here on the forums for everyone to read. It's pretty well written (except for the end) for a 10 year old. derpy_emoticon2.png

My sister hates them with almost a burning passion, though when we were watching A Canterlot Wedding and turned it off too soon she asked me to put it back on to see what happens. laugh.png Shes sorta preppy so she tries not to take notice of things considered 'nerdy'.  

The funny thing is a decent amount of the adult males in my family seem interested in the show. My father watched Wonderbolts Academy with my little cousins and me, and was talking about how Rainbow Dash was gunna kick Lightning Dust's butt, or something like that. Also my Aunt's boyfriend went out of his way at the fair to find me a pony airbrush tee-shirt and seems sorta interested in the fandom. 

my brother replied with this well knowns sentence when he saw me watching mlp.

"Brah u gay." (he is a 13 year old COD fanboy and is pretty hateful at times.)

one of my sisters replied with: "bro you are too old 4 ponies." 

Noone else cared though, they have probably seen me on here at least once.

Edited by a crazy pony

My dad doesn't know :/ But mom says that she doesn't mind as long as i don't get addicted or anything and most importantly(whenever i bring up the mlp topic ONLY) she justs says that it shouldn't get in the way in my studies no matter what i say. Not sure why... thought i have way more distracting hobbies. I actually do feel there is something behind this argument and i am trying to find. My sister stated that it's dumb but she's mostly indifferent about it.  

I seriously can't imagine telling my dad that i am a brony, he will be devastated by the fact that his only son( because I only have a sister in college) in which he put all his effort and skills, raising him to success, and in which he has full faith in would be liking such show sleep.png  I wish i could simply tell him that i like mlp, that I would like to go to brony con and  and he would be totally ok with it

Edited by Sir. Rayray

the only one that knows now is my twin brother, and he couldn't care less.

i guess it's because the brony thing isn't as big here as it is in the US. 9/10 people never even heared the word brony before.

My older brother watches it, He always quotes it and never stops acting like he knows everything about it.  He never says he watches it around other people, he is afraid that he will be killed.  My parents seem to think its fine, and kind of think it to be funny.  My older older brother doesn't care, as always.  So yeah smile.png

All I got is my mom's reaction, she just thinks mlp os for little girls and thats it , still is a little disturbed of bronies and possibly denying that I may be one, fun

My older sister enjoys it.  She's not quite as into it as I am (as far as I know), but she definitely likes it.  I don't believe my father knows about it, and my mother says that if it's not hurting anyone, it's perfectly fine.  My older cousin thinks that it's strange, but after I explained it briefly, she accepted it.  Her sons (eight and ten years old) think that it's strange as well, but I'm not really surprised by that.