Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things customers say

DaReaper

I live really close to the border of the United States; being in Canada, we get a LOT of Americans coming through over the bridge. The worst ones are the young ones... Young Americans who are 19 so they hop over to Canada where they can legally drink and gamble.

I used to work at a pizza joint, Little Caesars, for a few years and they never failed to cause drama. XD

To note the most memorable ones would really be to note them all. They hop into LC and not only complain that we don't have the same deals as the American franchise, but they also complain because their money is considered about 10cents less than Canadian. It is not MY decision that their money is not equal or above, nor is it the manager's nor owner's fault. It is the company that sets the prices! Even so, for every American dollar, it was worth 90 cents so we would have to calculate.

I cannot begin to tell you how many Americans yell and belittle you because their money is not worth the same as Canadian. But I can guarantee that if I went to the States, my Canadian dollar would not be on par either :P

So anyway, I guess what my experience has taught me is that loud men from Detroit are scary, especially when drunk and feeling entitled.

One of the most annoying things, though, is when ANYONE would come in the store and call the Supreme pizzas "deluxe" or sometimes "all dressed" :U

Bonus story: My very first job was at a KFC. I had this American family come in and order regular stuff, like yeah, it was cool. But then the wife started to order poutine.

For those of you unaware, poutine is a French Canadian dish consisting of fries, gravy, and cheese curds. It is also pronounced "poo-teen" XD

This woman caught me off guard, however. She started saying, "... and yeah, three orders of poo-tins, please"

I was basically like, "Poo-tins? what?" and she thrust her finger at the display board and was like,

"Poo-tins! The, uh, little bowls of fries and junk! Poo-tins!"

To which I said, "Oh, poutine!" and she was all,

"Yeah, poo-tins"

Like... *sigh* XD

• 2 weeks later...

I had a customer walk up to my register at the grocery store where I work. He mentioned that he had some cracker coupons from the manufacturer because he had made an official complaint. I asked what the complaint was about. Apparently, crackers these days are "too crumbly".

I was scanning one lady's items and she pointed out that an item was supposed to be on sale. I entered her member card to make sure all the sales would show up, but price didn't change. She said that because the shelf price and scan price were different, I had to give her the item for free (BS, if that was the case, she would get the lower price). I asked a courtesy to check if the item was supposed to be on sale. It wasn't. The price she was quoting was nowhere near the item.

Take a little advise from uncle Hugoholic. Never and I literally mean it NEVER accept any orders by phone unless You work in some kind of restaurant or pizzeria of course. Here is how did it go

(our well known customer calls me, well, not a stranger definitely). This is what happened recently in my company 

C- Customer

M- me

C: Good morning, I'd like to order <building materials worth about $2000> How much will it cost? And when can I expect delivery?

M: Good morning, it will cost $2000 with Your standard discount, I am not sure about delivery, it will probably be in two days but it does not really depend on us, but on our supplier, I will call You when materials will be delievered.

C: That's great, thank You, goodbye!

M: Goodbye!

Fortunately (Well, actually not) building materials came on same day. So I called the guy

M: Good morning, I am calling You, because materials, You've ordered are here already so You can come for them any time You want.

C: But I did not order anything.

(later I gave phone to dad as that guy was probably infected by 4chan trolls and decided to test his skills on us  >_> )

So - ALWAYS accept orders only in written way. Don't make mistake that I did with my mom (she told me to place an order to our supplier before I did). You will avoid many complications. 

• Brohoof 1

When I was working at a little gift shop some years go, lady walks in and asks me "Are you opened even on sundays??" Now there is a sign right out side the door saying "Open 7 days a week" Its like well she can't read, she wants to piss me off, or she's just that stupid..  

• Brohoof 1

When I was working at a little gift shop some years go, lady walks in and asks me "Are you opened even on sundays??" Now there is a sign right out side the door saying "Open 7 days a week" Its like well she can't read, she wants to piss me off, or she's just that stupid..  

Hahah, it happens pretty regulary everywhere :3 People are just too lazy to read sometimes or they just don't notice sign due to unknown reasons :D There are way worse things customers can do, trust me xD

• Brohoof 1

okay...I've got one of the best ones...guarenteed...so read till the end. it's worth it...

I work at an arcade/amusement complex as an assistant manager (soon to be a manager)

We get this couple come over to me and say "Hey sir, the puck wont come out of air hockey"

So I think to myself "Okay, this is not that unusual, the air hockey tables we have are pretty old...so they get stuck sometimes"

So I go over there, and lift up the table about an inch and drop it (It's not a very hard drop...it fixes the problem most of the time too!)

and I see that the puck doesn't come out...so I try it again, and I go over to the other table and see if some kid put the puck in the

second table by mistake. One puck...one missing...so I think.."Well, someone must have stolen it again or lost it" (which really does

happen) so I go to get a new puck out of the redemption room, and I go back and I see that the air jets aren't on...and I say to the

couple "Awe man...your time must have run out! I'll give you 2 coins to re-start the game" 

and then they responded...

"But we didn't put any coins in there!"

A small part of me died that day...

• Brohoof 2

Worst ones I've dealt with weren't both from customers.. I don't normally do customer based stuff :P

But the first one was when I worked in a small farm country store. A manager from the home office came in and was "inspecting" our method of business since a former assistant manager left on bad terms and blew off a ton of BS about sexist remarks, bad business, and horrible treatment toward her from the store manager. 

This guy was TERRIBLE.. he'd bury our new supplies behind old stuff and tell no one, so for months we didn't know we had a stock pile of humming bird feeders sitting in back while customers asked for them. He drove off 2/3 of our constant repeat business customers we'd gotten to know, and just generally had NO idea what he was doing..

His brother being half owner was literaly the only way he had kept his job for TWELVE years at this time!....

anywho. Some elderly ladies were in the store asking about the fish and if we had an aggression chart (chart that shows what fish are okay to be with other fish in the same tank), they had their backs to the fish corner while asking this moron the question. I came up behind him as I needed to ask him something and he replied that we didn't have any such chart. The elderly ladies claimed they had been in earlier in the week and that we did have one (we did btw), this guy starts ranting AT the customers that "I've worked here for 12 years and in all that time I've never seen any such chart in these stores. You must be mistaken or thinking of somewhere else" (add a snide tone to that btw)... I looked up and over the fish tanks.. guess what was on the wall..... yeah.. the aggression charts... This guy was looking AT the charts as he's telling these to ladies that they're nuts..

Then again this is the same guy that gave me shit for convincing people that were looking at heat rocks for their lizards, to go with a heat lamp instead (back then the rocks were known to be often too hot, and could often burn or kill the lizards)... the lamp+fixture cost MORE than the rock.. but because I convinced them to go with something else I was in the wrong and going against the customers... say wha?

He had some other doozies, but moving along anyways.

While at a gas station I once had a couple of guys come in and try to buy some beer together (state law in NY is ID MUST be provided (always has been, most places just never enforced it)by all members of the group, and they must all be of age.)

One of them failed to present ID, so his buddy whips out a security officers badge and presents that thinking it'll get him the free pass while his buddy is complaining "I'm obviously over 21, can't you just let it go?" 

These guys must've either been on a sting operation or just stupid, cause that only made it worse. Having a badge means theres NO WAY I'm going to let it slide now :P

So they asked if the guy with no ID left the store and the other guy paid, then would it be alright?.... Nope, cause I already know he's buying it for the other guy! 

Adding context to that btw, theres a college dorm JUST up the street from this gas station, and they'd recently been busted for underage drinking in that place, and claiming it came from this store...

Another was a guy who popped in and said "$20 on pump 1", throws his money on the table and walks out.

Now what do you think here? $20 of regular unleaded or premium?

Apparently I was supposed to see through the display and pump to notice his car was some special hoity toity sports thing and needed premium (it looked like some regular damned car to me..).. He came back in flipping his lid about the pump not working, and goes back out, comes back later to do the same. I tell him I put it in the system, he goes back out and realizes its on the regular. Comes back in to lecture me about how I should magically know this stuff about his car, and even asks "would you put regular gas in that car?!"

I just kind of faked looking out the window (Pump 1 was barely in view, let alone the vehicle BEHIND it..) shrugged at him, adjusted the computer and watched him leave... he ditched over $5 in change... heh...

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 2