Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

Searching Mighty Morphin Power Ponies (Classic)

Equestria has had the worst thing possible happen. Nightmare Moon has escaped and now she want's to get revenge on Equestria. Thankfully the Elements of Harmony always kept balance until their power recently faded. Now Celestia has to use a foreign and mysterious power known as the power coins and unleash a new power to combat Nightmare Moon. That power bringing forth a new breed of rangers, the Power Ponies and their Dino Zords. With this new power Twilight and the rest of her friends will have to defend Equestria from Nightmare Moon and all the monsters that she has at her disposal. Will this new power be enough to stop Nightmare Moon from destroying Equestria, or are Twilight and the others doomed?

Rules:

• No God modding. (If the monster attacks or you attack the monster either party can dodge but not everything you have to take damage.)
  • Follow along the tangent of the storyline don't just throw new powers or something out there right off the bat without first discussing things with me.
  • I'm looking for players who'll be fairly active so that we can keep this RP going. I'm not going to kick you for not posting for a day or two but please let me and the others know if you wont be on for a while and not just vanish from the forum.
  • Spelling is key here but I'm not the grammar police but I would like good grammar here please.
  • Monsters will be played by those playing Rita and Zed. They have sole control over the monsters and how they act.
  • Putty Patrol will be played by all when in combat.
  • Megazord battles will rotate around to each player so that everyone has a fair chance to play them. Dragonzord is its own so the player for RD gets control of that one.
  • In the event of a combination like Dragonzord battle mode or Megadragonzord it will be just like rule 7.
  • Treat others with respect and not hating
  • Have fun and enjoy everything
(Zordon) Celestia-

(Alpha 5) Spike-

(Red Ranger) Twilight- Me

(Green Ranger) Rainbow Dash - Misterian

(Black Ranger) AppleJack - super 2379

(Pink Ranger) Pinkie Pie - ChivalryKnight

(Blue Ranger) Rarity -

(Yellow Ranger) Fluttershy -

(Rita) Nightmare Moon - SBaby

(Zed) Sombra- Closed for now until story progression hits a point I think is good to bring him in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wt6XlVob_E

Edited by Umbreon

Ok.  I'm not gonna lie.  I'm really tempted on this one.  It's been awhile since I've done an RP.  But you're using the original MMPR, the one with Rita and Zedd (eventually).  So I think it might be worth trying.

If you can find rangers, I'd be more than willing to be the villains.  I'm sure I can think of creative things for them to say and do.  Just let me know when you want to do major plot advancement either in a PM or the OOC thread.  But I do have questions.  Since we're talking about the first season right now, I'll stick to questions regarding that.  So here's probably the biggest one.  With NMM, are we going for a more Rita-like personality, or a more NMM-like personality?  This is important, because it will change the way I play the character considerably.  Personally, I could play it either way, but I think it would be more entertaining if her personality was more akin to Rita from MMPR (plus having more references to MMPR as a result).  If she was more like NMM, I just have this feeling she'd end up being like Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon instead.

One last thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JPrbUv0Ik

Just in case it's been awhile since anyone's seen Season 1 of MMPR, this is a brief summary of most of the major plot points.  Also, make sure you don't forget about Bulk and Skull.  They're pretty important to the plots, especially later on.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

Ok. I'm not gonna lie. I'm really tempted on this one. It's been awhile since I've done an RP. But you're using the original MMPR, the one with Rita and Zedd (eventually). So I think it might be worth trying.

If you can find rangers, I'd be more than willing to be the villains. I'm sure I can think of creative things for them to say and do. Just let me know when you want to do major plot advancement either in a PM or the OOC thread. But I do have questions. Since we're talking about the first season right now, I'll stick to questions regarding that. So here's probably the biggest one. With NMM, are we going for a more Rita-like personality, or a more NMM-like personality? This is important, because it will change the way I play the character considerably. Personally, I could play it either way, but I think it would be more entertaining if her personality was more akin to Rita from MMPR (plus having more references to MMPR as a result). If she was more like NMM, I just have this feeling she'd end up being like Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon instead.

One last thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JPrbUv0Ik

Just in case it's been awhile since anyone's seen Season 1 of MMPR, this is a brief summary of most of the major plot points. Also, make sure you don't forget about Bulk and Skull. They're pretty important to the plots, especially later on.

I was actually planning on making Rita like the mmpr version mainly since I haven't seen any of the nmm mainly because I didn't like the revamp they gave it. it just didn't feel the same. Currently out right now but I'll make the additions when I get home.

• Brohoof 1

I was actually planning on making Rita like the mmpr version mainly since I haven't seen any of the nmm mainly because I didn't like the revamp they gave it. it just didn't feel the same. Currently out right now but I'll make the additions when I get home.

Rita like the MMPR version is perfect.  It's actually what I was hoping for.  So I'll definitely be willing to be her.

Also, NMM is short for Nightmare Moon.  I was just using the abbreviation to streamline my post a bit, because I tend to get longwinded.

Edited by SBaby

Badges

All updates have been made now we just need to get more players to join in and become what is their destiny.....the Power Rangers.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...