Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia - Luna

LunaShy

What are pricess' Celestia and Luna considered to be? In season 2 they break down the pony's into Pony's. Pegasi- pony with wings. and Unicorn- pony with horn and magic.

So are they Unisi or Pegacorn or do they have there own name? :D

There's no official name, but the fandom dubbed their species 'Alicorn', though 'Winged Unicorn' is sometimes used by those who object (because the alicorn is actually what the unicorn horn is called, so it doesn't technically fit as their species name).

Edited by Jadefire

They are called Alicorns, it has not officially been mentioned in the show, but Lauren Faust has called them alicorns, as seen in the image below (Lauren Faust is *Fyre-Flye, in case you didn't know.)

Posted Image

They have always been alicorns to me, and to everyone. iIt just makes sense, Ali sounds like Ala, spanish for wing. Its like wingicorn

I just noticed that. If you didn't know, Allah is the Arabic word for god and used by Muslims.

They are called Alicorns, it has not officially been mentioned in the show, but Lauren Faust has called them alicorns, as seen in the image below (Lauren Faust is *Fyre-Flye, in case you didn't know.) Posted Image

It really, really annoys me they're adding another alicorn. I'm with Lauren. If it was up to me, there would be only 2. If you just add another random alicorn that doesn't serve some major purpose, or isn't some kind of God, then being an alicorn isn't going to be the huge deal it used to be, which removes an awesome element from the show.