Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Beyond these walls. (Adventure, Romance... Everything!)

The Elusive Cinder

(edited)

Sorry I'm not being very active today folks: busy day. I'll be on properly later on but my posting is going to probably be fairly sporadic at the moment.

Also, make sure to read the rules please folks: I'm not asking for Shakespeare but can we have basic spelling and punctuation?

Full stops and paragraphs where they are needed really do make a huge difference when people are reading posts.

Obviously, disregard this if it doesn't apply to you. ;)

Edited by Cinderscribe

I'm probably not gonna be able to post to this RP again tonight. So Silver Heart is on autopilot following Pavisa (for now). If you want to use her for something small like applying a bandage to Orion's sister's hoof feel free.

• Brohoof 1

Sign ups were closed due to overwhelming popularity: it was impossible for me to try and progress a story with the barrage of posts we were getting.

I always intended for folks to be able to join the group on the road - now that things have quietened down a little I will probably open it again after the little scene we are in if you want to post a character: we're pretty much full on dark characters though - if you have any more 'normal' ones then they would be perfect.

Also, to everyone, don't think that you need to be a master of fighting or some dark hero for this: I fully intend to give characters with normal abilities plenty of time to shine.

Finally, AFK characters will be marked on the front page and classed (in story) as gone missing. If they still do not post for a few more days they will be removed from the RP.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure how editing a post works but I did finish my last one, I retagged you two ( @@, ) since the post adresses Orion and Willow. Also I apologize if you already got the notification that I included you two in it. This is just a measure to make sure you see it since there are a few new posts after it.

Sorry: it had to be done...   A moment of silence for our fallen hero... Tree.

OMG That almost made me choke I laughed so hard XD  Wasn't expecting that at all!  *bows head in respect for the tree*

Would I be accurate in assuming, by the fact the RP thread is tagged 'Open' and the title bears the words, "reopening applications", that this is free to join up with?

• Brohoof 1

@@00Pony,

I think that means ponies could be encountered as the group travels from place to place, or something along those lines.  If I recall what the gm mentioned before.  You can ask here or pm the person to be extra sure.

@,

Excellence. Now really the only thing I need to come up with is what character I want to use, ha. Actually, to help me along with that, are there any specific rules against what types of ponies are allowed to be used, aside from Alicorns? As well, are there any regulations against unique magical users? 

@,

Understandable. The two characters of which I was thinking, were Saronyx, and Archelaus, both of which have a relatively unique magical ability, despite not being Unicorns. Give them a look over and tell me what you think. If something needs changed about any of them, I can compensate, or come up with someone else.

@,

Roger that. Saronyx it is then.

Not sure if it's mentioned elsewhere and I'm just being dense, but is there anything specific I should know about the premise/plot of the RP before hopping in? 

Litany of Magic: Ancient artifact that grants godlike power and knowledge with each word that is read from it - and also happens to drive whoever reads it mad. A bit mad at first, but the more they explore what they learned from it and become more powerful, the worse it gets.

It changes places periodically as a defence: teleports between various safe places. Orion (the villain?) has already found it once and read half of it before it moved. The words burn away as they are read, so there is literally only half of it left.

The group are trying to get it to (destroy / claim / protect) it before Orion can find it and finish reading it.

They just met each other and most of the group opted to attack the eldritch abomination - the group are in camp now.

---------------

If you know that, you pretty much know what's going on. And then some.

I see. I'll give the last page or so a look over to see get an idea of how I might introduce Saron, and then get a post up as soon as I can.

• Brohoof 1