Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

PInkie's destructiveness.

FNGRpony

I was watching digi bronies video

luna eclipsed.  and it's really the second time where pinkie while being childish spread ignorance...and something other than hatred

(cause I'm insisting those are two different things) and Fear!

She's done it twice once in the Zecora episode, where she really spread most of the Anti Zebra propaganda like a plague,

and again in Luna eclipsed.

Now in Luna eclipsed she's mostly just having fun, but it doesn't make it any less destructive.  She literally snatches Luna's acceptance away from here 3, or 4 times when she's with in inches of being at least tolerated.

And it's kinda rubbed me the wrong way.  I don't hate pinkie pie, but i hate how the nit pickiest fan base ever never called Pinkie on well,

Being so damn Dis harmonies.

I mean come to think of it isn't pinkie pie closer to disharmony than harmony?

• Brohoof 5

I agree with you on Bridle Gossip: she is being just as ignorant as the others. But on Luna Eclipse, I felt that she was doing it to have fun, like you said. She even says that Luna obviously can't gobble her up. It's Luna's fault that she didn't take the hint that it was supposed to be a joke. After all, the solution to the conflict came as Luna understood that they wanted to be scared.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie was doing that a bit out of character, instead of making the situation better she made it worse by not accepting Zecora because she is different meaning because she is a zebra. Also, not letting Luna have fun with her subjects and not being able to be accepted by them unless Pinkie Pie stopped being ignorant.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I agree with you on Bridle Gossip: she is being just as ignorant as the others. But on Luna Eclipse, I felt that she was doing it to have fun, like you said. She even says that Luna obviously can't gobble her up. It's Luna's fault that she didn't take the hint that it was supposed to be a joke. After all, the solution to the conflict came as Luna understood that they wanted to be scared.

Oh no sir,

not as the others.  She's the driving force in Bridle gossip.  With out pinkie carrying on and fear mongering in the back ground Twilight may well have been able to reason with the other 4.

and i'm saying it's luna's fault.  The town is still reacting to pinkies well "trolling."

Hell Twilight the smartest ponie in the land didn't figure out what was going on in pinkies head.

why would luna be expected to?

Honestly from a bad guy perspective it's kind of impressive how well pinkie was able to manipulate and spread fear.  Just imagine if she wanted to do that all the time.

Actually to get slightly off topic should laughter be an element of harmony?  It's a very chaotic action.

I mean true laughter is something your not in control off.  (i'd say the best kind is where your out of breath laughing).

Edited by FNGRpony
  • Brohoof 2

Oh no sir,

not as the others.  She's the driving force in Bridle gossip.  With out pinkie carrying on and fear mongering in the back ground Twilight may well have been able to reason with the other 4.

and i'm saying it's luna's fault.  The town is still reacting to pinkies well "trolling."

Hell Twilight the smartest ponie in the land didn't figure out what was going on in pinkies head.

why would luna be expected to?

Honestly from a bad guy perspective it's kind of impressive how well pinkie was able to manipulate and spread fear.  Just imagine if she wanted to do that all the time.

Hum. I guess you are right.

Perhaps it would be better to say that the whole town didn't get Pinkie's joke?

Yeah, it would be unfair to blame Luna .

And yes. Pinkie is scary. She wants them to sing, they sing.

Pinkie Pie was doing that a bit out of character, instead of making the situation better she made it worse by not accepting Zecora because she is different meaning because she is a zebra. Also, not letting Luna have fun with her subjects and not being able to be accepted by them unless Pinkie Pie stopped being ignorant.

Well was it really out of character?  As i showed she seems to have a habit of handling things childishly.

Tell you what,

keep your eye on pinkie observing discord,

Specially if discord is behaving,

i could see pinkie if i'm right being the biggest doubter.  maybe rightfully so but i'm saying she has that capacity.

Well was it really out of character?  As i showed she seems to have a habit of handling things childishly.

Tell you what,

keep your eye on pinkie observing discord,

Specially if discord is behaving,

i could see pinkie if i'm right being the biggest doubter.  maybe rightfully so but i'm saying she has that capacity.

Well, Pinkie Pie said it is sometimes to fun to be scared which is true. She did handle things childishly, but it could have been handled differently.

Well, Pinkie Pie said it is sometimes to fun to be scared which is true. She did handle things childishly, but it could have been handled differently.

Hay i understand the "big kid defense." Lord knows i've used it

"hay come on i'm nuts."

but no one seems to notice her when she's at her worst,

only cause her hair isn't straightening up.

Hay i understand the "big kid defense." Lord knows i've used it

"hay come on i'm nuts."

but no one seems to notice her when she's at her worst,

only cause her hair isn't straightening up.

We notice Pinkie Pie when she is at her worse, especially when she lost her sanity in Party of One. Not saying that your wrong though.

We notice Pinkie Pie when she is at her worse, especially when she lost her sanity in Party of One. Not saying that your wrong though.

That's my point.  Party of one have people so hard wired to see pinkie "Mania" side, her insanity as her only flaw.

I think Pinkie when she's not snapped is still pretty dangerous. 

In fact more so.  The pinkie i'm suggesting is 100 times more dangerous than the so called "cup cake" pinkie.

Inevitably deranged pinkie pie would be stopped.   Probably sooner than later. 

A fear mongering Pinkie could go on much more un checked and un noticed.

The cast, the fans,

and it's a wonder if she doesn't know.

I mean when pinkie goes to obscene lengths to keep rainbow dash from having any apple sider,

by mistake (cough B.S.).

I mean the only way i could see she's totally oblivious is going into some real nutty head cannon about it's a payment to some dark deity that grants pinkie her reality warping talent,

in exchange for her wreaking chaos.

• Brohoof 2

That's a very interesting observation. It's also the first "evil Pinkie" theory that I can really get behind. The Pinkamena thing is just silly and played out. But with Pinkie's ability to get other ponies on her side, she could be a formidable and destructive force just the way she is. I'm glad she doesn't do that very much.

Like Depeche Mode sings in 'New Dress',

You can't change the world, but you can change the facts

When you change the facts, you change points of view

When you change points of view, you may change a vote

And when you change a vote, you may change the world.

Equestria's not a democracy but you get the idea.

Well to be quite honest with you I did wonder that a little through out the episode. I guess Pinkie Pie is just being her usual self. I mean like, she was just having a little fun here and there.

I don't think Pinkie Pie is trying to spread chaos. She is just at times trying to make a bad thing seem better.

True, she made a song about how Zecora casted spells and being evil, but if you look at the others you can tell they aren't taking her seriously. If anything Applejack was more of the anti-Zecora.

As for Nightmare night, it's kinda the same as what happens in Swarm of the century. If the others just asked her right away what she was doing, they would understand what she is doing.

So if anything, Pinkie Pie is not trying to spread chaos and destruction, but trying to look on the brit side of life. 

I don't think Pinkie Pie is trying to spread chaos. She is just at times trying to make a bad thing seem better.

True, she made a song about how Zecora casted spells and being evil, but if you look at the others you can tell they aren't taking her seriously. If anything Applejack was more of the anti-Zecora.

As for Nightmare night, it's kinda the same as what happens in Swarm of the century. If the others just asked her right away what she was doing, they would understand what she is doing.

So if anything, Pinkie Pie is not trying to spread chaos and destruction, but trying to look on the brit side of life. 

Pinkie doesn't have to try to spread destruction LOL. 

and i understand apple jack, rarity, and even flutter shy were on board with the anti Zecora kick, (and dash)

but again apple jack is a very reasonable pony.  I think with out PInkie in the back ground hamming it up twilight might got through.

Flutter shy being afraid gets a pass lol cause that's her natural state.

Rarity being the princess of fussiness could been disregarded.

The fact that pinkie trys to laugh at scary things normally is exactly why she was so damaging in that situation. 

Come to think of it Dash likely should stepped up in that situation as well about as much as pinkie being the supposedly brave one,

but oh well. 

Being a Laughter doesn't mean that she tend to incite uncontrollable laugh. This is no chaotic or disharmonic role. Her role is to bring a smile to ponies faces, to make them feel better, provide better mood.

She sometimes becomes a destructive force because she often doesn't think about her actions. Also she's often misunderstood.

• Brohoof 1

Being a Laughter doesn't mean that she tend to incite uncontrollable laugh. This is no chaotic or disharmonic role. Her role is to bring a smile to ponies faces, to make them feel better, provide better mood.

She sometimes becomes a destructive force because she often doesn't think about her actions. Also she's often misunderstood.

Isn't act  first, think later, or not think at all embody chaos? 

Ask yourself if this was war hammer, which side would be alot more likely to have a party cannon? (okay that was cheating).

I mean even her famous line "oat meal are you crazy?"

is just pure chaos.  It's like she got bored in ticket master and started arguing about something else to keep herself amused.

God and suddenly I wish i could do that.

who else was more happy to see chocolate milk rain?

Or discord dance?

Or discords gravy boat.

Can you imagine if Celestial (Drunk no doubt ) picking pinkie pie to reform discord?

Pinkie pie

"Could you make it rain straw berry milk?"

Discord

"erm okay." *snaps fingers and makes it rain straw berry milk.*

Pinkie pie

*rubber stamps reformed on discords head.* "your free to go!"

I mean literally 30 mins later pinkie pie would be riding a full sized Gummy through town going "weeee this is amazing discord!"

with ponies running in terror.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see that lol but she's chaos.

• Brohoof 2

@@FNGRpony, No, even if Pinkie Pie create chaos she isn't chaotic by nature (not in that meaning).

Only sometimes happen that she cause destruction. She is crazy but her actions aren't without purpose.

About chocolate milk rain - so it would be better if she started to panic? She just tried (in her own way) cheer up others to not give up in so bad situation.

And Pinkie Pie don't like chaos, look at "Too Many Pinkie Pies" episode, how she was sad when situation went out of control - when chaos spread because of her.

@@FNGRpony, No, even if Pinkie Pie create chaos she isn't chaotic by nature (not in that meaning).

Only sometimes happen that she cause destruction. She is crazy but her actions aren't without purpose.

About chocolate milk rain - so it would be better if she started to panic? She just tried (in her own way) cheer up others to not give up in so bad situation.

And Pinkie Pie don't like chaos, look at "Too Many Pinkie Pies" episode, how she was sad when situation went out of control - when chaos spread because of her.

I think your confused by the notion chaos and cruel are some how best friends for ever.

If they were princess celestial wouldn't have asked the cast to reform discord.

or,

reforming him would have changed what he embodies.

Instead of being a being of chaos he would in turn come to embody something like

"Change." (which chaos essentially is).

Chaos canon wise is now a weapon in the good guys arsenal?  true or false.

Pinkie's randomness (her lesser word of chaos)

isn't something she can stop doing.

I think it's something she does just as we breath. 

And yes she's aware whens he causes people damage  (eventually) because she likes making people happy,

but if two many pinkie pies had been less obvious

pinkie response likely would have been different

I think your confused by the notion chaos and cruel are some how best friends for ever.

No, I just wanted to point out that her actions are not intended to spread chaos. Chaos arises eventually because of her acts, and this is a big difference in my opinion.

I mean that she acts random and make chaos unconsciously, while the true embodiment of chaos, Discord, fully conscious causes chaos.

Also not all Discord actions were so much cruel.

The only thing that Pinkie Pie wants to change is to put a smile on sad faces.

So maybe she's some kind of chaos figure, but this is completely different kind of chaos.