Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Two Spires (Steampunk Roleplay)

The Time Pony

Any way story is simple, want the people to have a choice

Backstory

There are two cities in Equestria.  They are remote a pretty far away from major places, such as Canterlot, Manehatten. They have been in contact for a long time, trading supplies and supporting each other, yet one day They lose contact. They had never lost contact in the past 50 years. The day after a dying alicorn shows up saying "The gates have been opened, and they have been set free". In the center of both towns there is a tower (spire), used for communication. People have been recruited to go and find out what has happened to the other town. (Use this to learn about other Poines). 

Beginning 

They say in a large room, the electric lights had been going on and off for the past hour. Ponies sat around some nervous, other excited. The one thing in common was that nobody knew what had happened. The people who had organized the search had asked for ponies that were skilled in trades of good use. Yet all sorts came looking for the opportunity to be the first to find out. No dangers had been known to this region of Equestria so all were invited.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/75516-the-two-spires-steampunk-roleplay/

For Sign Up

Edited by Ambrose

• 2 weeks later...

There was nothing but darkness in the room. Like it was, before the creation of the world, which included Equestria. Utter darkness. Two ponies were sitting next to each other in this darkness, the both of them being very different indeed. One of them was a lively teenage pegasus colt, as the other was a middle-aged adult nearing her forties, an earth pony mare.

"Hey, Astro..." the colt suddenly said.

"Don't call me that," the mare replied.

"Sorry, I meant Astrolabe," the colt apoligized; he hesitated for a few seconds before continuing. "Are you afraid of the creators? The ones before the Princesses, hundreds of millions of years before?"

"I don't believe in them, therefore I am not afraid," Astrolabe replied. "But I am...of you."

The lights shine up, blinding the two.

------------------

Coast of the Fetlock Regions

A mare, feeling faint and filled with fatigue, sat on the edge of a wooden canoe. It was rugged, though overall in a decent state. It was dim, with only Luna's moonlight and the lantern, its candle offering little illumination in the dark. She was alone, with the exception of two other ponies, who appeared to be identical twins. They were clad in raincoats, rowing the boats.

Astrolabe couldn't imagine arriving to the meeting point in such degrading manners. She was a renowned physicist – and should be treated that way. She was reluctantly to join. In fact, she had little choice; the government, or as she thought, requested her on this journey.

"Are you just going to sit there, miss?" the stallion suddenly inquires. Astrolabe felt like speaking up, but she was still in the state of awakening from her rather unconformable sleep that before she replied, the mare intervened.

"As opposed to what? Standing?" the mare argued. She was apparently also discontent with the conditions of the canoe, so it was not surprising to see her challenge the stallion. Then again, they were siblings...

"Not standing," the stallion said. "Rowing."

"Rowing? I haven't planned on it." As the mare was caught up in a fiery conversation with the stallion, she gave Astrolabe a wooden box. A brass lock was on front of it, and with a golden engraving of her name was on the top face of box. It gave Astrolabe surges of curiosity.

"So you expect me the shoulder the burden?"

"What's this?" Astrolabe interrupts, hoping to get the two's attention.

"No, but I expect you to do all the rowing," the mare snapped, ignoring Astrolabe. This left her irritated, and she began to pry open the lock herself.

"And why is that?"

"Coming here," the mare attacked, "was your idea."

"My idea?" the stallion rose in his voice. He slowed his rowing, now focused on talking with the mare and appeared like he was near the borderline of giving the mare a good tirade.

"I've made it very clear I don't believe in the exercise," the mare calmly said.

The talking went back and forth. Astrolabe sighed, lying on her hoof, tapping on the box. She made another futile attempt to interject. "Excuse me, how much longer?" Astrolabe asked, desperately trying to hold her politeness.

Of course, it ended to no avail. They were stuck in banter; Astrolabe gave up and decided to open the box for herself. Inside was a signed form from the Equestria Public Investigation Services, an small, fragile sheet of power with simple pictures scribbled on it, a black and white photograph of a tower (what was it, she did not know). The back of the photograph was written with the words "Arrive here within the range of one month. Location 714/2315 NNE from Fetlock Coast." Finally, there was a gun – a pistol, actually. It was suited for unicorn use, the trigger and mechanisms being smaller than the earth model and pegasi model, which required larger triggers and mechanism for the hoof. She found three magazines in a secret compartment below the box, all loaded.

"We've arrived." the mare suddenly says. Astrolabe nearly jumps up, and makes no haste in closing the box and climbing up the ladder. And as she took a full view on the small dock, she saw only one thing: a building. To be descriptive, it was a lighthouse.

Before she could ask and question the confusion, Astrolabe saw that the two ponies have disappeared. "Ah. Maybe there's someone inside..." Astrolabe muttered to herself.

(The whole opening is copied off of Bioshock: Infinite and edited.)

Edited by Cartophile

Ambrose studied the recently fallen spire. All the ponies had been slaughtered, and no message had escaped. "This should work perfectly." Ambrose said to Crystal Fire, get working, we need the preparation finished as soon as possible. (Make something up). Ambrose quickly ran off then to her office. She had been preparing 2 perfect bronze birds. They would act as spies and stay hidden and gather data about the other Spire. They were camouflaged as normal birds and would be almost impossible to tell apart from normal birds. She let them out of their cage, and they quickly zipped off into the air heading straight for the other Spire. Ambrose's office was currently at the top of Angle Spire, the one she had taken. The one she was working on was know as Guardian Spire. The names had been found recently in a hidden room in the floor of the bottom most floor. The Spires went very deep, almost 50 floors into the ground. She looked at the creatures in front of her. They had served well. She pulled out a small mechanical crossbow, and shot all but two of them. The remaining two smiled at her. They had won, and would gather more of their brethren for the next assault. 

((Tell me how i did))

((Okay 800 character limit, how do i change it.))

"Why am I even here!" says Gearhart "I didn't mean for this to happen!" Gearhart had been trialed for the falling of the spire. "Well sorry Gearhart we can't except your early shot." Gearhart was boiling with rage he only shot a couple of minuets early! This was so unfair!  "Gearhart you know that I might have to banish you for this." Said the king. "Or you might not have to!" said Gearhart. "give me a good reason why I should not banish you?" "I am the best shot this nation has ever seen, and your willing to banish me for an early shot?" The king hesitated "Exactly" said Gearhart. "But you've proven your own demise!" said the king "your early shot proves you are not only untrustworthy but also not our best shot, plus there are plenty more good shots out there." Gearhart now knew he would be banished, he had to do something fast! "Good bye Gearhart, hope you have a nice trip!" and just like that Gearhart was flung to the spiral. Gearhart was banished to the city he made to rubble, and the worst part was is that he scheduled an attack to the city a couple of days earlier.

Here is the new rolplay with a smaller character limit

http://mlpforums.com/topic/76505-the-two-spires/

character limit is no longer 800