Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plasma Donations

Hypnodash

Didn't know if i should put it here or in Life Advice, so i thought 'meh.'

Have you ever made a Plasma Donation or are you planning to do so?

For those who don't know, Plasma is the substance that is in your Blood. There are certain Plasma-Centers in this World where you can go and donate it. Plasma is being used as medicine for people who have AIDS or Hepatitis.

People who donate Plasma also get Money, which is between 15-20 Bucks.

I would really like to know that because i do this since a few weeks now. I actually came back from one just recently.

So tell me about it Bronies.

post-20172-0-72336000-1381422914_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

I've been interested in it as I want to be able to help others, but I can't get anyone to go with me. I'm afraid to go by myself because I have social anxiety and I think driving back home afterward would be difficult. I suppose if I was asked to do it by a friend I would.

Terrible excuses, I know.blush.png

I have donated before when they came to school and I usually try when they come around.  I end up getting refused most of the time because my iron count is too low... 

• Brohoof 1

I've donated whole blood a few times now. My parents don't know about it though since they're totally against me being a donor. I'm also planning to donate a part of my liver, and perhaps even one of my kidneys, but that means I'd have to give up on contact sports, which I really enjoy doing. 

Personally, I think everyone should be a donor by default and only the ones who really don't want to be one should write a letter, not the other way around. Most people are too lazy to apply for a donor and throw the letter you receive in the trash like it's some kind of random advertisement. In fact, here in Holland you get this letter only once in your life, making it easily one of the things you forget about it once you throw it away.

I usually get pretty nauseous before and after the donation. I don't like looking at the infusion taking out my blood, so it's either closing my eyes or looking the other way for an hour. Even if it makes me nauseous, I don't mind it a lot since it means I'm helping someone, we have excess blood in our bodies anyway x3

i'm.....terrified of needles. like seriously. last time i got shots, i fainted on the way out sad.png

its sucks, i really want to donate blood or plasma, but i always wuss out. it doesn't help that the kids at school always had "donation horror stories" to tell. stories of kids loosing too much blood, or of nurses being unable to find the vein resulting in ugly purple bruises, collapsed veings etc. i heard alot of stuff like that, maybe the nurses were just newbies or something.

Edited by crazitaco

Plasma donations are something I've considered doing since they can be used for anyone. Whole blood is all I've given so far. I've done that 16 times. Been a while though. I should do it next time there's a blood drive at work or something like that. No reason not to mosey over to the truck and drop a pint.

Didn't know if i should put it here or in Life Advice, so i thought 'meh.'

You got it right. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Personally, I think everyone should be a donor by default and only the ones who really don't want to be one should write a letter, not the other way around. Most people are too lazy to apply for a donor and throw the letter you receive in the trash like it's some kind of random advertisement. In fact, here in Holland you get this letter only once in your life, making it easily one of the things you forget about it once you throw it away.

Works a little differently here in the States. Most places collecting blood are nonprofit charities. Places like the Red Cross and Virginia Blood Services in this state. They send solicitations periodically via mail, host events at businesses and churches, and you can walk into any of their centers to donate whenever you want.

Well, I plan to donate blood anytime it's scheduled.

And since I am 0-, I guess they need me. smile.png

Sadly, I am only 15, almost 16. I can't wait to have 18!! (Also, I don't want money for my blood-plasma, it will be a gift.)

Edited by GhostPony750

I only recently became old enough to donate blood at my schools blood drive ,but i am on a medication that prevents me from giving blood due to it's side effects. Once I am off that medication i plan on donating blood quite often because giving blood is giving life to people who need it.