Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: Turnabout Trio (CLOSED - CASTING COMPLETE)

H.P. Lance

THIS CASTING CALL IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT AUDITIONS.

But feel free to check out the project itself, of course. Any and all support shown is very much appreciated!

Good day to y'all!

Turnabout Trio is a MLP/Phoenix Wright crossover project that I am directing. It's already heavily in development; in fact, we just need some voice actors and we'll be firing on all cylinders. To avoid a TL;DR situation, you can find out more if you're interested by listening to one of the files below.

Turnabout Trio Information (High Quality Version).aiff

Turnabout Trio Information (Weird, inexplicable-echo-effect-in-the-background Version).mp3

To see what roles are available, check out the links below. The first will take you to the MLP;FiM canon characters that need voicing; the second will launch you into a world of Pony OCs and Ace Attorney canon characters who want you speaking for them.

MLP;FiM Canon Characters

Pony OCs & PWAA Canon Characters

To see a brief summary of the case, follow this link:

Case Summary

This project involves two OCs that need voice actors. Their appearances, combined with the general style of simple animation that will be applied to every character, can be seen in the nifty spoilers below.

Trident Cross

post-9563-0-00224100-1381448008.gif

Apologies for the small-ish size and grainy quality; anything bigger/of higher quality and this site refuses to play the GIF. img-1918492-1-huh.png You can see him better by sacrificing his movement in the sub-spoiler here:

post-9563-0-75388700-1381448371_thumb.png

Cistron Symmetry

post-9563-0-15501900-1381448169.gif

Again, apologies for the meagre quality. View her in better glory at the cost of immobilising her in the sub-spoiler here:

post-9563-0-25245300-1381448391_thumb.png

I've done my best to answer potential questions, but of course, ask away if there's anything I haven't covered. img-1918492-2-smile.png

Have fun and good luck!

Edited by Crystalline HP
  • Brohoof 3

@

Here are my audition lines for AJ and Fluttershy wink.png I'm pretty pleased with how they came out and I hope you like them too. I saw the Phoenix Wright/MLP Crossover Turnabout Storm on Youtube and LOVED it, so I'd love to help out with this biggrin.png

AJ.mp3

Flutters.mp3

• Brohoof 5

Like I said in our numerous skype conversations, I've been working on my Trixie voice, and there's definitely improvement. I'll be able to officially send you a few voice clips on Saturday.

P.S. Cistron Symmetry is gorgeous and anypony who disagrees needs an eye exam. vsTALhM.png

Edited by The Great Trixie
  • Brohoof 3

Btw when is the cut off date for the auditions?

@@TheFoolArcana515, as I mentioned in the info part, there isn't a total wall of a deadline for this. We'd prefer everyone to have auditioned within about a week or so, but until the actual results have been posted, all auditions are welcome. smile.png

Turnabout Trio is a MLP/Phoenix Wright crossover project that I am directing. It's already heavily in development; in fact, we just need some voice actors and we'll be firing on all cylinders.

Canon characters video audition (me as Spike, Shining Armor, Big Mac; my friend "Gaz" as Spitfire):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-2B7f91rI

OCs audition (me as Phoenix Wright, the Judge and Trident Cross):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOuggpYN-VU

Notes: I probably had the most fun with Shining Armor and the Judge.  Big Mac was painful...I *slightly* exaggerated on the number of takes involved, but not by much.  Gaz spent maybe 5 minutes doing a handful of takes as Spitfire, and I spliced together the best of what she made during that time.

• Brohoof 2

Also, if there's any technical stuff you need handled, I'd be glad to take on some of the work load.

@, thanks for the offer! I'm pretty sure we've got every base covered, but I'll definitely get in touch if we're having any technical problems and/or the workload on that front becomes too great. I've got a to-do list longer than Discord's body at the moment, but it's nothing the team and I can't handle.

Still, thanks again! smile.png

Okay, I have my auditions ready. I hope WAVE audio files are okay, you can play them on itunes if that helps. 

I had a lot of fun doing these auditions, if I get a part I will work my hardest to make this project the best it can be img-1937115-1-smile.png

Big Mac VA Auditions.wav

Phoenix Wright VA Auditions 2.wav

Shining Armor VA Auditions.wav

The Judge VA Auditions.wav

Trident Cross VA Audition.wav

Phoenix Wright VA Auditions 1.wav

Edited by TheFoolArcana515
  • Brohoof 1

Alright so here's my audition for Rainbow Dash. As I told you before honestly it's decent and pretty mediocre happy.png The only thing I have is pretty much the scratchy voice but you decide if you like it. I could never match Ashleigh Ball's awesomeness with Dashie's voice img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

vrp-20131022-183423.mp3

• Brohoof 2

So based on the character's description, I went with a kinda hyper Twilight/Pinkie Pie cross.  I hope it's not too cartoon-y sounding, and I can dial it back some if you like.  That's just the voice that popped in my brain when I read the lines and character information. :P

• Brohoof 2

Now with added conceit and BLOOPERS!  This is what happens when you do recordings an hour before bedtime after studying neurological anatomy all day.  

• Brohoof 2

I want to audition! I don't really know what to do though and which character fits my voice... But still I want to audition!!!

Well, @, this casting call is closing soon, but we're still lacking suitable VAs for Twilight and Spike. If you'd like to audition for one or both of those two, then that'd be brilliant. Of course, feel free to audition for as many others of the others as you like too while we're still taking auditions. smile.png

As I said, there's only a few days left for before we close all auditions apart from those concerning Twilight and Spike, so try and get them in soon if you want to try out for any of the others!

• Brohoof 1