Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why all the hate of the Funrise MLP plush-dolls?

Commander_PonyShep

Because people like merchandise that actually LOOKS like the characters. You know, quality, rather than cheap and lazy spaghetti hair. Sure, the spaghetti haired plushies are soft and cuddly, but so are these:

2.jpg

pinky2-500x500.jpg

7.jpg

And they're about the same price too. These plushies are ones that I would actually fork out some dough for because there's some honest effort put into them.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 6

Because people like merchandise that actually LOOKS like the characters. You know, quality, rather than cheap and lazy spaghetti hair. Sure, the spaghetti haired plushies are soft and cuddly, but so are these:

2.jpg

pinky2-500x500.jpg

7.jpg

And they're about the same price too. The plushies I posted above are ones that I would actually fork out some dough for because there's some honest effort put into these.

You have no idea how much I want a Rainbow Dash one of those...I'm going insane waiting for them to come out with Dashie, I can't take it anymore!!! I wanna at least see what Dashie will look like :/

• Brohoof 2

You have no idea how much I want a Rainbow Dash one of those...I'm going insane waiting for them to come out with Dashie, I can't take it anymore!!! I wanna at least see what Dashie will look like :/

I'm with you buddy. And you have no idea how much I want an Applejack. The fact that we might finally get a show accurate AJ plush that has a hat... it's gonna be beautiful. wub.png

I really wish they'd give us a peek at AJ, Dashie, or Rarity now.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

As the pony above said, it's all about show accuracy.

If you like spaggeti hair plushies, that's good for you, go get one and be happy! Personally I'm waaaay too picky about things to get a spagetti haired one. I'm buying this one... It's 15.50 pounds, so it's almost cheaper than the spagetti hair ones. 

$T2eC16d,!zMFIcEQIdwwBSU!UHmyHg~~60_12.J

I love it, it looks really show-accurate, and it was VERY cheap. I won't expect the quality to be superb, and it's definately not as good as a custom hand made one, but it's like, 500X better than any spagetti haired ones, to me. I don't care what others think really, since I'm the one going to own it, and not the haters (if there are any). So be happy :)

• Brohoof 5

Never seen a MLP plushie here in the UK (not even knock offs lol)

I'd have really mixed feeling about getting one if I ever did see one. It would have to be a good RD, Flutters or Twilight to make me want to buy it though.

I need to get me a rainbow dash one.. i saw one from Beanie Babies.. but not sure about that.

But for the UK people, check Amazon, if its in the UK.. they should have the plushies

Pretty much show accuracy....Other than the 4DE Plushes,I really haven't found a show accurate Fluttershy, apart from fan made stuff....and all the Dashie ones I see....there's always "something" wrong with her mane and tail colours....its' never right...but that can be said about a lot of Dashie merch...blind bags,brushables etc,..even the vinyl Funko Dashie has wrong hair, with that strand of blue on her head...she doesn't have any "cool" colours on her head,they're all in her mane. she's only got "Warm" colours on her head.

I gotta agree with Sugar Cube, I would never buy those ponies no matter how soft and cuddly but mainly because there are much better plushies which as just as soft. Nici is making Twilight Sparkle, RD and Pinkie Pie and you can easily get them from Germany on Ebay (for the Europeans Bronies and Pegasisters). I got Twilight myself and she is (almost) perfect.

I can't see why someone would go for a spaghetti haired pony when you got better options.

not to mention as well, that most of the designs look the same...basically they look like the cheapest and most thrown together dolls you can find...cheaper than that mexican turboman doll from schwarzenegger's "Jingle All the Way"

(and might I add...what more can you expect when funrise is also behind the devil from the childhood...the evil nightmarish menace...the twisted and obviously posessed haunter of dreams...the furby!)

Edited by BrilliantVenture

• 7 years later...