Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you do when nervous?

Zygen

When I become nervous, my hands will begin to shake and even sweat quite a bit, I begin to stutter a bit, act on things or speak impulsively, and I become pretty paranoid as well as nauseous. I hate feeling nervous; as it's one of the worst feelings to experience (in my opinion).

I'm a horrid nail biter when I'm nervous, it's either I'll do that or I'll be horribly twitchy, like bouncing my leg up and down if I'm sitting. 

• 2 years later...

I'm good at keeping my composure when nervous, but you can tell if I'm really nervous by watching my hands. If they're not in my pockets, they're usually positioned tightly between my chest and stomach. When I do that, yep, I'm really nervous.  :twismile:

fluttershy nervous.png

Well, I've gotten accustomed to feeling nervous more often than not, but when it's especially bad... I start doing things like fidgeting (worse than usual, of course), pacing, a clenching feeling in my chest, hyperventilating (I've had instances where it's been bad enough that I nearly passed out from that)... You know, normal everyday things in the life of an anxious emotional train wreck. To be honest, you probably can't even tell when I'm just being me or if my anxiety's through the roof... 

It's been better, but I fear that it may get worse again after the holidays... I've been happier since my computer's gotten it's metaphorical second wind, and since I've ben able to distract myself from how depressing my life can be. But I don't think that will distract me for long. My dad's broke again and my only hope still lies with somehow getting across to my brother that I can't stay here. It's total and utter torment. Between my dad being aggravating, my anxiety, and my lack of self esteem, I don't think I'm too far from a mental breakdown... 

• 1 year later...

I completely stop moving when I get really nervous and my brain starts shutting down, at least if I'm around people. If I'm alone I basically do the exact opposite. I move around more than I normally do and my mind goes into overdrive trying to think of a way out of whatever is making me nervous.