Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Editing About Me

Luriel Maelstrom
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

I'd like to ask a couple of questions

1) How can I put an image in About Me. Sometimes when I enter the URL it crashes, is there any way to put pictures in About Me from your computer?

2) How can I put an image under spoiler? I tried but the text I write usually turns into a bunch of mish mash and there's only a link under the spoiler, not the image.

Eh, I am a noobie derpy_emoticon1.png

If you want to put an image from a url, you're going to have go to it's download page. Like on deviantart 

You can put anything in spoiler tags. and yes, even image URLs. 

Spoiler tags are typed like this

To put an image in a spoiler, you can either put one from a file you attach to your About Me page, or one from a url. Again, you're gonna have to go to a download page in order for the image to work. 

Example

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/239/2/3/nitro_spark_by_pikachu25sci95vt-d6jxsg5.png

Here's an image link

To make the image appear, you click the button that when you hover over it, it says "image". A box will appear with a text box where you can type the URL of the image. Here's the link again with this option engaged:
nitro_spark_by_pikachu25sci95vt-d6jxsg5.

To put this in spoiler tags, you just do this:

image url

[/spoiler

Here's the result

nitro_spark_by_pikachu25sci95vt-d6jxsg5.

That's how it's done. 

1.) You have to upload it to a web image hosting site, you cannot use them directly from your computer.

I would recommend uploading to Imgur.

Do this by going to Imgur.com, once you're there click on the "computer" button and select the image you want to use, click start upload, and wait for it to upload and automatically redirects you.

Then once it's uploaded right click on the image itself and select Copy Image URL.

Paste that URL onto the box that appears when you click the image button (It's located directly to the right of the "Unlink" button) and then click OK. It should work.

2.)

Highlight the image you want to use spoiler tags on, then click on the button that looks like this:

WBM3Keb.png

(It is located directly to the right of the eraser in the top left of the post editing box)

Select "Spoiler" from the the drop down menu in the box that appears and click OK.

If you need any further help don't hesitate to ask.

I can put more pictures in the guide if that would help.

You click the img-1932507-1-UntitledTime0_00_0000_zpsb icon put the link to your images in the popup and click "OK" and the image should show up in the post, if you need to upload it you can use something like Photobucket or Imgur.

Here is a kinda gif/video showing you how if you still do not understand. In the spoiler below. img-1932507-2-tongue.png

img-1932507-3-f4bPMuH.gif

--

To put your image in a spoiler just put the Spoiler Tags before and after the image. Example is below!

Example of Spoiler Tags:

[SPOILER]
Image You Added!
[/SPOILER] 

This example will make something like what is shown below.

img-1932507-2-500px-Rainbow_Dash_licking

Edited by Xelphos

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Since there is not a clear best answer, I will compile all of the most helpful responses - which, in this case, is all of the responses - into a single post for the sake of convenience. Thank you to everyone who responded.

If you want to put an image from a url, you're going to have go to it's download page. Like on deviantart 

You can put anything in spoiler tags. and yes, even image URLs. 

Spoiler tags are typed like this

To put an image in a spoiler, you can either put one from a file you attach to your About Me page, or one from a url. Again, you're gonna have to go to a download page in order for the image to work. 

Example

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/239/2/3/nitro_spark_by_pikachu25sci95vt-d6jxsg5.png

Here's an image link

To make the image appear, you click the button that when you hover over it, it says "image". A box will appear with a text box where you can type the URL of the image. Here's the link again with this option engaged:

img-1922171-1-nitro_spark_by_pikachu25sc

To put this in spoiler tags, you just do this:

image url

[/spoiler

Here's the result

img-1922171-2-nitro_spark_by_pikachu25sc

That's how it's done.

1.) You have to upload it to a web image hosting site, you cannot use them directly from your computer.

I would recommend uploading to Imgur.

Do this by going to Imgur.com, once you're there click on the "computer" button and select the image you want to use, click start upload, and wait for it to upload and automatically redirects you.

Then once it's uploaded right click on the image itself and select Copy Image URL.

Paste that URL onto the box that appears when you click the image button (It's located directly to the right of the "Unlink" button) and then click OK. It should work.

2.) 

Highlight the image you want to use spoiler tags on, then click on the button that looks like this:

img-1922217-1-WBM3Keb.png

(It is located directly to the right of the eraser in the top left of the post editing box)

Select "Spoiler" from the the drop down menu in the box that appears and click OK.

If you need any further help don't hesitate to ask.

I can put more pictures in the guide if that would help.

You click the img-1932507-1-UntitledTime0_00_0000_zpsb icon put the link to your images in the popup and click "OK" and the image should show up in the post, if you need to upload it you can use something like Photobucket or Imgur.

Here is a kinda gif/video showing you how if you still do not understand. In the spoiler below. img-1932507-2-tongue.png

img-1932507-3-f4bPMuH.gif

--

To put your image in a spoiler just put the Spoiler Tags before and after the image. Example is below!

Example of Spoiler Tags:

[SPOILER]
Image You Added!
[/SPOILER] 
This example will make something like what is shown below.

img-1932507-2-500px-Rainbow_Dash_licking

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 1