Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy's dream

Astralis

Hi Everypony! :3 

post-19776-0-01948100-1381619929_thumb.png

Derpy drawn specifically for charity auction. 

I don't like to brag, but I'm proud of this art. :3 

Long struggled with soap bubbles, I think the effect is pretty good.

Hope you like it <3 

• Brohoof 10

Hi Everypony! :3 

Derpy drawn specifically for charity auction. 
I don't like to brag, but I'm proud of this art. :3 
Long struggled with soap bubbles, I think the effect is pretty good.

Hope you like it <3 

Clever use of the wings so you can hide the cutie mark, thus making it so you don't need to draw them and both save you time and the trouble of drawing it precisely.  I won't argue on the style of your art, since that's your thing, but the wings feel off to me.  There's no roundness to them, they feel too sharp and contrasting compared to the rest of the body.

Oh... and there's no eyelashes either.  Why does everyone forget the eyelashes?  But other than those two things, I quite like this.  Using her cutie mark as the backdrop is probably my favorite thing about this image too.

Using her cutie mark as the backdrop is probably my favorite thing about this image too.

Yea... I think so too. 

I guess I should stop drawing ponies, because I'm not very good at this... Sometimes I think I should start to create something new,  but don't know what... :< 

Yea... I think so too. 

I guess I should stop drawing ponies, because I'm not very good at this... Sometimes I think I should start to create something new,  but don't know what... :<

No, I think you should keep doing it, your work is very nice! I love the shading and the pose you've got going there. Plus the bubbles are very well done.

Wow, I'm really impressed! The effect on the bubbles came out amazing here and the anatomy and position is nicely well done too. Just work on the eyes a bit. They look great, but for Derpy being a mare and all, she could use some eyelashes. Besides that, everything looks nice here! ;)

Yea... I think so too. 

No, you shouldn't stop drawing.  You just need to get better and better at your work.  Yes, it is hard at first, but over time you'll get better at it.  It took me over a year to properly learn how to make things look appropriate on a figure, whether pony or otherwise, and even longer to make them unique.  It'll just take some time to get there for you.

Here, have this pic I found that shows how to draw ponies, it should be able to help you out:

post-19735-0-90209100-1381682579_thumb.jpg

The overall design is good. I don't have an issue with the wings. I think they're a nice change of pace. My main issue is the size of her head. If you block everything but her head with your hand she looks like she's supposed to be a filly. Second issue is with her visible ear. It stands out a bit too much, because it is a bit too large, so given their size her other ear should juuuuust be visible even over her hair.  The last one is a bit of a minor issue. Because of the smallness of her eyes, it doesn't bring across her cross-eyed looked very well.

So now that we got constructive criticism out of the way...The background is just PERFECT. I like that she's standing on one of her bubbles, with the little bit of light filtering in like she's actually riding the bubbles to the surface of an unknown land. I don't think you should quit drawing. I think you should take what information you get from critiques to improve yourself, because you have a lot of potential. After getting over the initial shock of the different art style you used, this picture is really quite well done, and could be even better with just a few tweaks.

Good luck with your auction. img-1924423-1-wub.pngimg-1924423-2-laugh.pngimg-1924423-3-biggrin.png

Edited by Never2muchpinkie

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm glad you like my work.

I promise I''ll use your advice and I hope one day my arts will be amazing. :3

Thank you for your support, love you. <3