Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What really grinds my gears, the Elements of Harmony

FNGRpony

You know if the first time they used them they crumbled and disappeared or disappeared for a year like the dragon balls,

i might been able to ignore them lol.

They serve no other purpose than "Mary sue nuclear button!"

I honestly don't see how any one could dream about whining about Alicorn twilight being O.P. when these things are still floating around.

Here let me lay out a theoretical scene.

Twilight Sparkle

(talking with Cthulu)
"we're all great fans and thanks for coming to do a scene for the show mr squid elder god thing."
Cthulu
"think nothing off it, all the deep ones love your show, kids these days." (Hides his i'm a bucking alicorn princess t shirt under his trench coat).  "Oh and by the way we're not all that different you and I."
Twilight Sparkle

"How do you fig?"
Cthulu
"My fans bitched to when they found out i had wings."
Twilight Sparkle
"HA!  That's awesome oh and here's the script!"
Cthulu
(Busts out his reading glasses.) "Nice, good, elements of harmony, oooo i bet i'm in big trouple when those show up?  What happens i get zapped and severally weakened and you all rise to the challenge?  Surely it comes at some great cost, that power is precious,
Twilight Sparkle
"Erm no we shoot you with them your face melts off and than pinkie throws a party."

Cthulu
"...... Excuse me for a moment i need to speak to my agent."  (Pulls out his blackberry).
"Murry you fucked me again!  This is worse than that time you put me on Freekzoid!"

I mean does anyone like the elements of harmony?  Just the other day i saw the first episode,

and i kinda get there this journey of the main cast going on a lesson of self discovering,

even in the return of harmony over coming being discorded,

or sun set shimmer when they all learned to be best friends again (vomits all spike like) for the third time.

You know, it would be funny if they failed like suppose theirs a major argument early in the episodes and later one one of them lets say "rarity." pretends like it's all cool but she's still mad.

So they fizzle.  like you have to be in this perfenct mind set of Harmony.

Hell pinkie pie would likely have them crap out all the time
"Oups i was thinking about oatmeal my bad?  Can we do that over?"

You know what?  It would be awesome if their gonna be so lame they just give in and use them as a catch all LOL.
Apple bloom

"Apple jack Diamond tiara is making fun of scootloe for being disabled can you zap her,

silver spoons an snips and snails just for the hell of it?  those things fix everything!"

Apple Jack
"Aw shucks sugar cube I don't see why not!"

and Snips and snails gets shattered right after words so they can never be heard from again do to a mysterious strong wind blowing them over.

Edited by FNGRpony

Could be worse you know... they could be like the chaos emeralds, give them all super glowly forms that are invincible to anything, can fly, freeze time....

Personally, I don't mind them mostly because despite there OPness they can be negated rather easily.

A] stop them putting them on.

B] keep them apart or

C] break up there friendship.

Edited by Nail Malinter

Could be worse you know... they could be like the chaos emeralds, give them all super glowly forms that are invincible to anything, can fly, freeze time....

Personally, I don't mind them mostly because despite there OPness they can be negated rather easily.

A] stop them putting them on.

B] keep them apart or

C] break up there friendship.

Well yes but the chaos emerald exist cause that cast has to over come the renowned brilliance of Dr eggman.

Right?  I mean he's that super bad ass that they needed those in that show?  I mean why else would they put those in there?

They wouldn't disappear for a year, without a reason. It could be worse, since the Elements are always needed when in danger or when a villain comes.

Okay, idea,

The main 6 take to useing them all willy nillly like you can open the episode to like Pinkie pie roasting marsh mellows to them and princess celestail shows up and goes

Celestail

"Oh you ponies are totally taking this power for granted  YOINK!"  (and yes the roasting idea could be discords lol).

• Brohoof 1

Maybe Twilight will come up with a crazy plan to use the Elements and combination with the Crystal Heart to fire a Harmonic Blast Wave across all of Equestria and turn every enemy on the planet to stone or transform them against their will...

*Meanwhile in another universe, watching the show...

Eggman: Why is it when a talking horse tries to enslave the world, nobody stops her?

Edited by Nail Malinter

Maybe Twilight will come up with a crazy plan to use the Elements and combination with the Crystal Heart to fire a Harmonic Blast Wave across all of Equestria and turn every enemy on the planet to stone or transform them against their will.

Should she come up with that idea on her own?  I mean there's so many ways that could go wrong.  Celestial not approving, maybe having it back fire,

maybe he entire removal of chaos from equistra having a horrific disastrous affect on the world

for with out chaos their can be no change,

with out change their can be no learning.

Imagine the letter a the end explaining the necessity of chaos ^^

Dear discord.......

God I just like that line LOL

Dear discord

this is your faithful student pinkie

It feels so right.

(edited)

this topic was just an excuse to write a Cthulu/Twilight bit wasn't it?

not complaining, it was pretty cute actually, but be honest

If i admit yes I'll get moved to the sugar cube corner (LOL)

actually no it wasn't.

Honestly if I seriously put thought into it i would used flutter shy and Cthulu....gah now i'm picturing the main six talking to him before the scene lol.  Maybe with Celestial in the directors chair.

You know i would be way more amused if the party cannon was O.P.

Edited by FNGRpony

Aaaaaaand what's exactly wrong with that? IMO, it's a better route than using the Harmony Blaster all the time.

And I think you're overgeneralizing Super forms a bit there. The only things you need to classify a Super form is having a drastic appearance change and having increased strength and speed. That's it. They don't have to be invincible or have the ability to do Harmonic Control or other stuff...

• Brohoof 1

Aaaaaaand what's exactly wrong with that? IMO, it's a better route than using the Harmony Blaster all the time.

And I think you're overgeneralizing Super forms a bit there. The only things you need to classify a Super form is having a drastic appearance change and having increased strength and speed. That's it. They don't have to be invincible or have the ability to do Harmonic Control or other stuff...

True. but in MLP it would look a little (teeny tiny bit) out of place... Not that i wouldn't mind seeing the mane6 beat the snot out of a major villian with there bear hooves...

True. but in MLP it would look a little (teeny tiny bit) out of place...

It's not any more ridiculous than Rainbow Dash nuking a barn with herself alone. Or Sunset Shimmer becoming a demonic version of herself.

With examples like that, I'd say Super forms are right at home in Equestria, really.

Now i'm gonna offer this as a wonderful piece of propaganda 

About mlp but being that kind of dramatic action show.

Now tell me that doesn't at least look as good as slice of life mlp episodes?

It's not any more ridiculous than Rainbow Dash nuking a barn with herself alone. Or Sunset Shimmer becoming a demonic version of herself.

With examples like that, I'd say Super forms are right at home in Equestria, really.

EQG doesn't count (as much as having demonic transformation via elements being canon would be interesting)

The RainNuke at most is a special move, not a super form. (though how she survives that will forever be a mystery)

EQG doesn't count (as much as having demonic transformation via elements being canon would be interesting)

The RainNuke at most is a special move, not a super form. (though how she survives that will forever be a mystery)

The moment i see sunset shimmer in any episode it counts.  (or sentry lol) even as a back ground pony.

there's room to take the show a little more in that direction.

Pinkie pies unicorn gattling gun LOL.

that happened in a little girls show.  It would be awesome in any show.

The moment i see sunset shimmer in any episode it counts.  (or sentry lol) even as a back ground pony.

there's room to take the show a little more in that direction.

Pinkie pies unicorn gattling gun LOL.

that happened in a little girls show.  It would be awesome in any show.

In the comic, Twilight 'accidentaly' fires a giant laser beam that would have killed Chysallis instantly if it hit. Chrysallis just stands there slightly singed with a "what just happened' look on her face, the mane6 reactions vary from 'awesome' to 'terrifying'... Rarity just complains about the silk curtains twiligh just annihiated (ignoring the section castle she just took out with it.

Edited by Nail Malinter

(edited)

In the comic, Twilight 'accidentaly' fires a giant laser beam that would have killed Chysallis instantly if it hit. Chrysallis just stands there slightly singed with a "what just happened' look on her face, the mane6 reactions vary from 'awesome' to 'terrifying'... Rarity just complains about the silk curtains twiligh just annihiated (ignoring the section castle she just took out with it.

The comic in almost every instance is always gonna get away with more.

Look at the bat man cartoon (the darkest one you can find) vs the comic.

Eve in mlp you can simply do more.  There's not the same censor ship, or people read to complain about the comic (ie soccer moms).

Derpy could get a whole issue and i doubt anyone would bat an eye.

Edited by FNGRpony

I don't really see your problem with the elements? True, they are a very powerful weapon, but like most weapon they have a weakens. And the elements have many weakness.

1. They need to have them on in order to use them. They can't just teleport to the users.

2. They need to be unified to order for them to work. 

3. A single member can't use the elements with out the group. Meaning AJ or Pinkie just put them on and get instant unicorn powers.

4. They can be stolen so easily. So anyone can pick them up and take them anywhere. Discord and Sunset are examples.

So if anything it's a great weapon, but a very bad weapon to.