Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Two Hearts, One Fate (SOL)

ReverieRiver

@@Miss Reaper,

(Apologies for the delay.)

Saronyx had watched with a sense of curiosity, and even a little pity. It didn't take much to tell to hat this mare was suffering from suffering. What, he was not fully sure, but may the Empress curse him if he wasn't going to help any way he could. The Crystal Pony had seen plenty of suffering during his time in the Crystal Empire. He had made it a type of drive to ease the suffering of others, if he could.

It was here that Saronyx suggested leaving the forest, and shook his head to clear his mind, causing his own mane to flap, making a faint sound like that of crystals dropping to a glass floor. The Crystal Visionary nodded when Ariel voiced her agreement in leaving the forest, stating she did not like it. Saron had started off in the direction of town, glancing back briefly to make sure she was following. He found Ariel going to the east, rather than north - as lead to town. With a light chuckle, he called out, "Excuse me, Ariel? Ponyville is this way, my friend."

Saronyx waited until she caught up before continuing on, and putting voice to a question that had been eating at the back of his mind for the past few minutes, "If you do not mind my asking, would you care to tell me a little about where you come from? This.. Diadem City, was it?"

(I apologize immensely if that was a little bit godmoddy. It's late where I am, so some may have slipped through)

@@Miss Reaper,

(OOC: So sorry I forgot to post)

"Okay, I'll take you to Ponyville." Thunder Dash said as he slowly flew towards the small town of Ponyville.

Once there Thunder Dash slowed to a very light flight over the peaceful streets of Ponyville. "Well, here we are...Ponyville, a beautiful town with quite a few attractions too!" Thunder Dash said as he continued his slow flight. He then landed right in the center of town with Galatea still on his back. 

Frost stayed silent, looking at the pony with a feeling off sympathy. He understood how it felt to lose ones parents, he barely spent time with his mother and father before they died. "I-I"m sorry to hear that Nano, I'm in the same boat as you." he trailed off as he looked up towards the sky. He decided to shake of the gloomy mood by changing the subject. "So where you headed? Just takin a walk? You know I heard there was a nice coffee shop downtown maybe we could check it out." he chuckled awkwardly.

Lighting walked up to Thunder Dash not knowing who he was and said to him "Hi I'm Lighting I'm new here I was transferred here to Ponyville to be a weather manager and I got time before I have to report to Rainbow Dash for my first job asignment here and I was wondering if you two could show me around this nice town but if you don't that's fine."

Edited by supersonicfan91

(edited)

@@00Pony,

Ariel stopped mid-stride, letting out a confused "Huh?" as Saronyx called out to her. She then made a soft, sheepish chuckle, again feeling a faint flush of color rise in her cheeks. She clearly had no sense of direction, either that or the trees really did confuse her. She trotted a few paces to catch up, and then walked by his side.

The unicorn mare would have been content to make the trip to Ponyville in silence; she didn't usually partake in much conversation, and that was okay with her for the most part. But when Saronyx asked his question about where she lived, her ears twitched in thought as she formulated a response.

"It's... quite different from here," she stated simply. "There are more buildings; buildings everywhere you look. And not so many of these, er, trees." She paused again, taking in her surroundings once more. "It seems... quieter here. Diadem City is... um, noisy." She offered no further explanation at that point.

In actuality, she was recalling the chaos that the war had brought in her future world. Ariel would always hear some form of activity outside: guards patrolling, protests on the street, and sometimes the sounds of fighting if a more troublesome unicorn was causing problems. It was never quiet in Diadem City, because there was no peace.

@, @@supersonicfan91,

Galatea looked around as they arrived in Ponyville, and again found herself a little surprised by how peaceful everything seemed. So this is how Equestria was before the war... It makes me a little jealous of these ponies. I wonder if they even know what war is really like, she mused to herself.

She then looked at Lighting as he approached her and Thunder Dash. "I wish I could help you, sir, but I'm new here, too," she said with a little smile. Of course, she didn't say anything about how she came to be here in Ponyville, opting to keep it to polite conversation.

@@Frosty V,

Nano looked at Frost, and was about to say something before the stallion had changed the subject. Well, there was no use in dwelling on it anyway, Nano supposed. He had grieved enough, not long after he arrived in Ponyville after his separation from Galatea, when he realized what had happened.

"I was actually doing some shopping," Nano answered. "But perhaps we could meet there a little later?" His offer was genuine; the robot enjoyed meeting and making new friends. He knew of the magic of friendship, because it had been shown to him. Fluttershy and the rest of her friends helped teach him the meaning of friendship, and now they were all his friends.

However, his attention was diverted as he couldn't help but notice some movement out of the corner of his eye. He heard the subtle whoosh of wings and the light contact of hooves touching down, and he knew that it was a pegasus landing nearby. He turned his head slightly to look, and spotted Thunder Dash first. He noticed at once that there was a red Earth pony with dark hair accompanying the pegasus. Their backs were facing him, but that Earth pony looked so familiar...

Galatea...?

No... It couldn't be! Nano tried to dismiss the possibility; what were the odds of her showing up now, after a year? He had assumed the worst. And besides, it may have just been a mare that happened to resemble his creator... although he hadn't seen any mares like that around before. She could have been a visitor from another town, though! There was no need to get excited, Nano told himself. There was no way it could have been her. The logical probability of that happening was minimal, next to zero.

Edited by Miss Reaper

@@supersonicfan91,@@Miss Reaper,

"Hey, I'm kinda busy right now...see this pony on my back. Found her falling from the sky. Now she needs to..." Suddenly Thunder Dash turned from Lightning and saw a figure in the distance. "Wait a sec...who's that?" Thunder Dash asked walking closer to the figure who turned out to be another pony. 

Frost nodded slowly, "We could do that, I'm not reall ydoing anything at the moment so I could tag along with y-" he was cut off when Nano turned to look at two ponies who landed near them, he recognized the first pony as Thunder Dash, he had talked with him on more than one occasion,. The other pony he hadn't seen her before, but Nano looked like he had seen her before. Frost tapped Nano on the shoulder "Hey Nano? You know her? You seem to be dumbfounded." he said waving a hoof in front of Nano's face. Smiling at Thunder.

@@Frosty V,

Thunder Dash looked up and saw his long-time friend Frost. "No way! Frost what is up?!" Thunder Dash asked as he trotted over to Frost with Galatea still on his back. "Hang on Galatea, I've gotta talk to my friend real quick." Thunder Dash said as he turned to face Frost.  

Frost smiled. "Heeey Thunder! Been awhile hasn't it. What has it been a year?" he said looking back at Nano and then to the pony on Thunder's back. "So who's your friend? Nano here seems to be flabbergasted at the sight of her. Annnnd I can't say I blame him." he said with a wide smile letting out a chuckle.

"OK I don't know what going on here but why does Nano look like a robot?" Lighting asked "because to me it looks way too realistic too be something like a costume."  Lighting's stomach rumbled at that moment loud enough where everypony could easily hear it.

@,@@Frosty V, @@supersonicfan91,

Galatea nodded at Thunder. She was fin with him talking to his friends, though she was slightly anxious to find who she was looking for. She froze when she spotted a familiar figure, every muscle in her body tensing in surprise as her eyes widened. Could it really be...?

Nano flinched slightly as he snapped his gaze away from the two he'd been focused on and looked at Frost. "I... It's nothing," he said after a few moments, his ears folding down once more.

Then they were approached by the two ponies that had gotten his attention in the first place. He didn't pay much attention to the conversation between Thunder and Frost, for his focus suddenly fixed upon the mare on Thunder's back. Nano was, in a word, shocked.

"G-G-Galatea?" the robot managed to stutter out.

"Nano...?"

The two stared at one another for a long moment, as if uncertain whether or not this moment was truly real. In the silence, the growling of Lighting's stomach could be heard clearly, but neither Galatea nor Nano paid much attention to it.

Galatea got off of Thunder's back as quickly as she could and ran to Nano, throwing her forelegs around his neck. "Nano... I finally found you..." she murmured before breaking into tears of joy, sobbing quietly.

Nano also found himself overwhelmed with emotion as he hugged Galatea gently, tears welling in his eyes and sliding down the sides of his metal face. This was the moment that they had both been awaiting. At long last, creator and creation, mother and son, were finally reunited.

@@Miss Reaper,

('Suffering from Suffering?! Darnit auto-correct...)

Saronyx gave a small smirk at the faint flush of color in the mare's cheeks as she caught up, an began to move alongside him. She answered his question in a few sentences, stating that Diadem City was noisy, and rather than trees, buildings surrounded you.

Saronyx gave to short nods of acknowledgment, before responding, "It sounds a little like my old home in the Crystal Empire. Towering buildings, and snow. Lots, and lots of snow, though within the main city of the Empire it was almost constantly summer, and the Crystállum luminum - the Crystal Lights - would constantly be streaming forth from the top spire of the Palace. It was all quite beautiful, really." he was going to say more, but he finally caught the supposed hint from Ariel's short answers, and did not add any more.

Just as well, to. He had been about to delve into what it was like during the Oppression. No need to tarnish the visage with those memories. Saronyx cleared his throat, "Sorry if I've been talking your ear off, Ariel. It's not everyday I meet somepony from someplace that I've never seen!" He chuckles slightly, "But anyway... Town's just right through these next few trees. Should be another minute of walking and we'll be looking out over Ponyville - easily one of the nicest town's you'll ever see. Only been here a week, and already love it," he realized he was rambling again, and gave a sheepish laugh, "Sorry, I'm going off again."

The next minute passed in relative silence, until, finally, they broke free of the tree cover, and were greeted by the unabated light of the noon day sun. Saronyx trotted out from the shading of the trees, the sun glinting off of his crystal-like coat as he turned to extend a hoof outwards, as of presenting the town as a prize, "I present to you, Miss Ariel, Ponyville! Bit of a downsize from a city, but I find I prefer it, to be honest."

Edited by 00Pony

@@Frosty V,@@Miss Reaper,

"This is Galatea. Found her falling from the sky. She said she was looking for somepony around here." Thunder Dash explained. "I'm guessing that the pony accompanying you is who she's looking for." Thunder Dash said turning to look at Galatea who was still sobbing.   

Frost had a surprised look on his face. He turned his gaze from Nano to Thunder. "Is he now? Well this is Nano, and I'm guessing that's his mother." he whispered into Thunder's ear. "Nano was saying he got seperated from her and this little scene makes me think this is the first time they've seen eachother in a long while." he added turning back to Nano and Galatea. "So how did you meet up with her?" he asked Thunder, eyes full of curiosity.

@@Frosty V,

"Well, I was out on my daily patrol until I saw Galatea falling from the sky. I caught her and we went from there. She told me that she was separated from somepony and isn't from around here. She told me she needed to be reunited with somepony and they were here in Ponyville." Thunder Dash explained. 

Frost nodded slowly examining the two ponies. "Really? Well I guess Nano is that somepony. You say she fell from the sky right....how, I mean the sky's are clear today, what caused her to fall.?" he asked again trying to put the pieces together. "Did she say where she was from...anything at all?" he added to his questions

@@Frosty V,

"Hey Galatea, do you know what caused you to fall from the sky? Were you...warped from some place?" Thunder Dash asked. A pony couldn't've just fallen from the sky randomly. Something must've spit her out into this place. Thunder Dash continued to think.

(OOC: Hey Frost you haven't posted in the NFS RP in a while) 

@@00Pony,

The image that formed in Ariel's head from Saronyx's description was a lovely one - aside from the snow. Ariel had long since developed a disliking of the cold and snow. It brought to mind some of the worst days of her life, when she was only a young filly, struggling to survive on the streets of Diadem City while suffering the brunt of the winter cold. The mere thought of it sent a slight shiver through her.

When Saronyx apologized for rambling, she managed to give him another smile. "It's fine. I'm just not used to holding conversations like this." And that was the truth; not many ponies really talked to her, and she ended up losing the interest to talk to anyone unless she was spoken to first. She knew why they didn't want to talk to her. She was a unicorn, the most distrusted race in the future society she once resided in. And for the past year, she drove all the others away from her with her madness. This was the first time in a long while that she actually had a normal conversation with another pony, now that she thought about it.

Ariel at first flinched from the sunlight when they left the shadows of the trees, raising a hoof to shield her eyes for a moment or two until they adjusted. She didn't recall the sun ever being so... bright. When she recovered, she looked upon Ponyville, and found herself curious of it. What kind of ponies lived here? Were they untouched by the war? It certainly seemed so, with how utterly peaceful the town seemed. She wasn't sure how to put her thoughts into words, but eventually came up with a response. "It really does look like a nice town. So peaceful."

@, @@Frosty V,

Galatea released Nano as she managed to compose herself, wiping her tears away with the back of her front hoof. Nano looked at her, still with tears in his own eyes but also wondering the same thing Thunder had asked her. How did Galatea end up here? She'd fallen from the sky? That situation sounded familiar somehow to the robot.

The mare took a minute to think, and then she let out a humorless chuckle as she shook her head. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you..." Galatea felt that her story would come across as farfetched at best, and she didn't want to give off the impression of being crazy when she wasn't. Then again, with Nano's presence, him being an actual robot living among normal ponies, would her tale be so hard to believe?

"OK I'm really confused an earthpony falling from the sky a pony that looks like a robot something is going on here and i would like some answers hopefuly with some sort of proof.  Lighting said just cause he want all this to make some sense after all the only place on saw a robopony was in movies

@@Miss Reaper,

Ariel really did have a cute little smile, even if it did seem kind of forced. Saronyx shrugged that off as still being under the initial shock of falling through a rift into an unknown place. In the back of his mind, he hoped that he might someday see her give a full blown, genuine smile. She had stated that his rambling was fine, just that she was unused to such conversation. Saronyx acknowledged it, but still remained silent until breaking the boundary of the forest.

He stood where he was, lowering his outstretched hoof to the ground as he waited for Ariel's response. She eventually said that it seemed to be nice, and that it was peaceful. Saronyx laughed, and walked back over to her, "It definitely is! It's a got a little for everypony - be they Earth, Pegasi, or Unicorn - and the townsfolk are all quite friendly. And it's just got this nice, homely kind of feel about it. I think you might like it, Ariel."

He smiled, before turning to face the town once more, "Come on, I'll show it to you!" With little thought on the gesture, Saronyx gently put his hoof on her shoulders to coax her along.

No sooner had his hoof made contact with her coat, did every muscle in the Crystal stallion's body tense, and he gained a distant look to his eyes. It lasted no longer than a second, but it was enough for him to have gained his answers. He gently took his contacting hoof away and started towards town, refraining from shaking his head, despite the overpowering urge to do so. Through the years he had managed to learn how to keep the effects his ability secret, acting as if nothing happened.

It wasn't something that he consciously did, but whenever Saronyx made contact with somepony he'd never touched before, his ability attempted to look upon part of their pasts. He was always able to shrug it off and move on like nothing happened, but this time was different. Her past was shrouded by a thick veil of nothingness. It half felt like he was trying to look into the future...

It took a couple seconds before it dawned on Saronyx. Her past, was the future. Ariel, was from the future of his world. The Visionary had only moved a few feet ahead before he glanced back at Ariel. He said nothing, and his expression had not changed, but his eyes spoke for him, should she meet them, "You really are a long way from home, Ariel... Farther than I think you know."

@@00Pony,

(So sorry that I haven't responded in so long. I'd been waiting to see if Thunder Dash or Frost would post again before I post, but I feel like I need to go ahead and post. ^w^")

Ariel listened to Saronyx as he described the town known as Ponyville, her head tilting just slightly. One of her ears flicked down and back up again in one quick motion, a little sign of confusion. The stallion had mentioned that there was something for all three races, including Unicorns - which in itself perplexed her for several moments, not to mention that he said that the townsfolk were friendly. It sounded so different than the bleak atmosphere of Diadem City, with its racism and its near-constant fighting amongst ponies.

She also tensed when his hoof touched her shoulder, but for different reasons; it was a reflexive reaction from her, being unused to any sort of nonviolent contact. She relaxed after a short while, and followed the Crystal stallion towards Ponyville, drifting into her own thoughts once more.

The mare raised her gaze from the ground when he looked back at her, and she met his eyes just long enough to see the look in them. She paused for a second as she again found herself confused, for she hadn't been sure how to interpret the look. Did he know something that she didn't?

(I feel like I could have done better in that post, but ugh. >.<)

(OMG! I thought I had replied! My bad my bad.)

Frost chuckled, "Trust me. I'll believe anything. Same goes for Thunder as well, we've seen some weird stuff and if you can top it I'd love to here it." he said as he pulled out his pack of cigarettes and lighter with magic, lighting a cigarette and taking a puff. "Well I'm all ears." he laughed

@@Miss Reaper,

(It is quite alright smile.png I figured you might have been waiting. I tend to do that myself, when the need arises)

Saronyx remained silent for a few minutes more, getting the whirlwind of thoughts in his mind under control before he even dared to chance speaking. He would have to tell her, at some point - and probably soon - that she was from the future. And in doing that, divulge his own ability. They had neared Ponyville, and were close enough to it to be able to see some of the denizens fairly clearly as they went about their daily business.

It was always something that poked at Saronyx's mind, how these ponies went about their lives, not knowing what their actions may cause, and probably thinking little on it. Saronyx was different. He knew the past, and he knew what choices had made the world he lived in the way it was. And as for the other realities... he knew their every moment. It was a rather large burden, when he thought about it. But at this moment, he decided not to think about it. There would be time for that, later.

As his reality was now, he found himself in the company of an embodiment of the one true enigma in Saronyx's world: The future. And he was full of questions, and while he was so very anxious to ask them, he reasoned to himself, "Patientia, Saron. Ut discas peperit ei tempus. Sed nunc, est sicut teipsum.*" It was in a whisper audible to only him.

It was spoken in the language that was used by his kind one thousand years ago. It was a dead language by now, and while he was saddened by it, Saronyx was still glad he could prattle off in it, and have no one understand him. He could divulge any secret, and nopony would be privvy to it, but him. Or perhaps the Princesses or other Crystal ponies, but why ruin the illusion? Clearing his throat slightly, he slowed in pace so that he was more on level with his companion, "So, Ariel, I find myself becoming curious. I apologize if this seems rude in any way, and feel free not to answer me if you don't want to, but mind telling me a little about yourself, or more about where you come from?"

As he spoke, Ponyville loomed ever closer.

(And I feel I may have been able to do better in mine. However, after writing a post elsewhere that was over 21000 characters in length, my creative juices have run dry.Dear Luna it feels so arrogant saying that

*(That language is actually Latin. It is part of my headcanon on Crystal Ponies that they used to speak it. Translation is as follows: "Patience, Saron. You may learn the answers that she bears in time. But for now, just be yourself. ")

Edited by 00Pony

@, @@supersonicfan91, @@Frosty V,

Galatea looked at the ponies around herself, her honey-colored gaze briefly scanning each of them. In her mind, she considered what their reactions might be if she were to come out with the truth. Would these ponies really accept what she would say as the truth? They might have had seen some strange things, but had they ever encountered anything - or anypony - from the future? Most likely not. But then again, she supposed that there was no point in lying.

She closed her eyes for a moment, letting out another chuckle as she said, "Where do I begin...?" The mare took a few seconds to gather her thoughts before she began to speak. "I'm an engineer. And over ten years ago, I brought to life one of my greatest technological creations ever. That creation of mine... is standing here before your eyes." She smiled, her eyes warm with motherly love as she looked at Nano."My most successful experiment with artificial intelligence to date... But you may wonder, how is it possible? How does such technology exist? Well, the answer is... it doesn't. Not yet, anyway."

Again, Galatea paused before she finally stated the simple fact: "Nano and I... We're from the future."

@@00Pony,

A sudden wave of unease overtook Ariel as they neared Ponyville. What if the residents weren't as friendly as Saronyx had made them out to be? What if they were cruel towards her in particular (which she wouldn't doubt, given her generally off-putting mental state)? These were irrational fears, she knew somehwere in the back of her mind, and yet they still dominated her thoughts. She could feel herself struggling to keep her breathing even, as well as her heartbeat quickening.

Then she glanced at Saronyx, and she mentally clamped down on those bad thoughts, smothering the onset of an anxiety attack as well as she could. She didn't typically try to hide her mental condition anymore, and she was terribly out of practice in doing so, but something made her try and do it anyway. She didn't want this stallion seeing her like that. And again, she found herself thinking how this was more like how she used to be before the madness took over. And once more, she did not know how to cope with the conflicting emotions that that thought brought about.

So when he asked about herself and where she came from, she was almost grateful for the distraction. The unicorn paused to think before she answered, first focusing on Diadem City. "It's... not so peaceful where I come from. There's fighting. Lots of fighting." Her ears flicked back as she briefly thought of the near-constant conflict amongst ponies. "And the ponies don't like each other. Don't trust each other. They don't like me in particular, because I'm different."

She herself wasn't sure why she was revealing this much. Yes, what information she did give was fairly vague, but it had been years since she truly opened up to any pony other than Galatea or Nano, the two she had once considered family when she was younger. For years, she had been closed up, isolated from the world, because it seemed that everypony else had shunned her, making her feel so agonizingly alone.

Now here before her, this stallion... this was her chance to not be alone anymore. If anything, companionship would maybe make her truly happy for the first time in a long while. She just had to not scare him away with her madness; she had to keep pretending to be sane, at least for now, so he wouldn't pull away from her like the other kind hearts (which were desolately few in the future) that had tried to befriend her did once they discovered how unstable she was.

@Miss Reaper

Frost's eyes went wide and his jaw almost fell open. "No way! That would explain why Nano's "costume" was so realistic......because it wasn't one." he jumped around like a giddy school filly. Meeting somepony with this kind of tech made h want to faint. He started to look Nano over from every angle. "How big is your motherboard? What's your memory capacity? Do you feel pain? Wow, are your eyes re-routed into some kind of CPU? Even your exo-skeleton is so amazing? What's the material, Carbon fiber, some aluminum alloy?" he asked all the questions before turning to the Nano's mother. "You have to show me this tech! I've been working for years on an AI system.......sounds wierd for a Electro Musician, but I have a lot of free time." his words were practically spilling out of his mouth with excitment.

Edited by Frosty V