Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Two Hearts, One Fate (SOL)

ReverieRiver

@@Frosty V,

(OOC: That's the second time you spelled Thunder's name wrong :P)

Thunder Dash still had that concerned look on his face. He really didn't want Galatea and her companion exposed, for they would receive much unneeded attention. To make it worse, the Princesses might be alerted and will want to take action. 

@@@Frosty V

Nano had seemed particularly skittish when Frost had been staring at him, the robot pony being quite unsettled by the look in the stallion's eyes. He could practically see that desire for information, and he knew all too well what reaching that information could possibly entail. It made him think briefly of one certain mad unicorn mare - and even that fleeting thought struck fear into the very core of his being.

Even after the stallion apologized, Nano found himself inching a little closer to Galatea. In the meantime, the red mare offered a forgiving, if not still somewhat uneasy, smile. "It's fine... I know that you're just curious about the future, and its technology. But sometimes..." She paused for a moment, letting out a soft sigh. "Sometimes, it's best not to know..."

@@CharChar@

Ariel struggled to force another answer out of herself, but somehow she managed. "A-Ariel..." she stammered, tripping over the syllables of her own name.

The unicorn mare moved her head slightly as she glanced away only to make herself return her attention to this new stallion before her; her long mane shifted slightly, though the left side of her face - namely, her left eye - was thoroughly concealed. All that could be seen was one soft violet eye, betraying her anxiety as she looked at Break.

After a few moments, not wanting to leave awkward silence, she muttered, "I'm n-new here..." Indeed, this was all information that Saronyx had already shared, but it seemed that Break had paid no heed to the other stallion.

In spite of attempting to be friendly, her own nervousness drove her gaze to the floor once more, for eye contact with this stallion in particular made her especially uneasy now.

"Ah.  Ariel!  Hello!  Uh, Where are you from?"  Break asked almost innocently.

Too late, missy.  I already saw the eye.  Looks like I have to make a visit to the Library later...  Break thought to himself.  I feel like I've seen that kind of eye before though...

The more Break stood near Ariel, the more he could feel her tension.  The more he could feel her secret being locked away, the more he wanted to know what it was.   What was she hiding?  It's... really deep rooted.  It actually reminds me of what I felt when I was near Princess Luna that one night in Canterlot....

@@Miss Reaper  @

@Miss Reaper

Frost looked at Nano as he inched away from him. The way Frost had acted had clearly caused the robot distress and he sighed. "I'm sorry Nano...your just so interesting....I'm not going to hurt you or bust you open.....I have the feeling that's already been done." he said in a shy tone.

(Three days. Dang. Sorry for my delay, everyone.)

Saronyx was slightly irked that he was apparently being ignored. He normally wouldn't care, but Break's stare had a tendency to give even him a feeling of being judged. Of course, his gaze could often do the same, but rarely. He glanced down at Ariel. The poor mare was definitely feeling the weight of the stallion's stare.

Clearing his throat, Saron stepped in between Break and Ariel, waving a hoof slightly to get the other stallion's attention, "Pardon me, Break? Would you mind backing off if only just a tad? As we've stated, she's pretty new here, and a little shy. Give her some space to adjust, yeah?"

He gave an apologetic smile, usually being the kind of pony to try and avoid being a little more assertive in the dealings of others. But Ariel was going through enough, even if she didn't fully know just how far she had come.

@@@Frosty V

Nano seemed to relax somewhat, but his expression saddened. "You could say that, yes," he muttered, his ears drooping slightly. Again, he couldn't keep the memories from invading his thought processes; the image of that mad unicorn mare grinning wickedly at him whilst wielding several tools intended to be used to disassemble him... it simply would not leave his mind. That was the one drawback to having perfect memory: It was difficult, if not impossible, to forget, even if there was something that was better left forgotten.

"But that's in the past now," Galatea said gently - only to scrunch her muzzle when she realized that her phrasing wasn't quite accurate. "Er, I mean... Not the past, as in the past-past, but our past, which is still your future... Oh, forget it, I think you know what I mean." She let out a little laugh as she waved off the possible misunderstanding.

@@CharChar@@00Pony

Ariel had been about to attempt another meek answer for Break, but then Saronyx stepped in. She let out a quiet, barely audible sigh, suddenly feeling almost faint with relief. Mostly due to the fact that she was removed from a situation that had made her very, very nervous; she was fairly certain that she would have gone into an anxiety attack if it had gone on for much longer.

It wasn't that she disliked Break; well, she only just met him. But there was something about him that made her incredibly ill at ease. Something that made her feel as if she was being judged - which was the one thing she had come to hate the most. His eyes seemed almost as if they could penetrate her, right to the very core of her being. And when she was hiding something as serious as her mental condition, that also brought about a great discomfort.

The mare gave Saron a little grateful smile. If not for him, surely she would have still been wandering the forest, driving herself even madder until the last scraps of her sanity were gone. And if not for him, she likely would have eventually broken down under Break's unyielding gaze. Thus so far... he'd helped her hold on to that last little bit of what she wanted to think was sanity. And that was most certainly something to be grateful about.

@@Miss Reaper@@00Pony

Break looked over at Saronyx with a bit of a glare, and then quickly softened up when he realized what he had been doing.  This guilty expression slowly shadowed his face, and he felt legitimately sorry for making Ariel uncomfortable.  Maybe he was going to fast.

...Why do I have to do that to people sometimes?  Jeez...

"Aaah... I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to make weird faces at you, Ariel.  I'm just... a bit inquisitive about people sometimes."  Break said, attempting to apologize.  "Come in to the...inn.  Heh."  He made a gesture for them both to fully enter the inn.

@@Miss Reaper,@@CharChar,

(Right, sorry about being pretty much nonexistent recently. I feel bad about that. Nearly a week... that is unacceptable)

Saronyx raised an eyebrow at the look Break gave him, but spoke nothing of it. He wasn't in the mood for a confrontational interaction - not that he often was anyway. Break apologized to Ariel, before gesturing for them to come fully inside, instead of just a few feet before the door, as they had been since the 'conversation' started.

The Crystal nodded slightly, taking a few short steps forward before glancing back to Ariel to be sure that she was on her way. 

(In all reality, this post probably wasn't needed. Now I feel extra bad.)

@@CharChar@@00Pony

Ariel nodded once in acknowledgement to Break's apology, finding herself with a lack of words yet again. Knowing that he hadn't intended to make her so uncomfortable made her feel a little less uneasy - though it didn't seem like she was capable of ever feeling completely at ease. Her brain, long since re-wired by her initial mental break, was seemingly programmed to keep her constantly on edge, at least somewhat so.

When invited to come fully inside, the mare followed closely behind Saronyx, almost like a foal following its mother. Her ears seemed permanently pinned to the sides of her head, and yet she tried to keep her expression relatively... well, not nervous. Needless to say, she was not the most skilled actress.

@@@Frosty V

(Awaiting posts from you two, so leaving these mentions as a small reminder. ^_^)

@@Miss Reaper,

(Right, sorry about that)

"Oh, I guess you don't wanna talk about it." Thunder stated . He then turned to Galatea. "So, what do you want to do now? Hang out here? Maybe I could take you around and even show you where I live." Thunder Dash stated. He was very excited that he met Galatea. 

@@Miss Reaper@@00Pony

Break let them pass only to trot up next to Saron, in front of Ariel.  He wished to speak to Saron about where Ariel came from.

Break looked at Saron, "So, where did you find Ariel, Saron?"  A smirk formed on Break's mouth when he started to think.

Heh, it kind of looks like he's trying to take advantage of her.  Of course, I'm about 99.7% sure this isn't the case, but still... he looks a bit weird like this.  Break's smirk faded.  Well... I must find out more.  Ariel, she is incredibly secretive of something.  Maybe if I find out about that eye of hers, I might be able to put some pieces together.  Mental note: Eye ball discoloration book at Library.

@Miss Reaper

Frost let his head droop, he felt guilty for the way he had acted towards the two ponies. He just could never control his curiosity, especially in this case over all. "I'm sorry if I frightened you Nano....I'm just fascinated by you is all." He said in a soft, humble tone. He shook off the look and brought his head up so his gaze met dead with Galatea. "I'm sure you came too take him back correct? Yet...given the way you portray the future...I'm not sure whether that's the case or not." He said, his voice beginning serious, but returning to its original shy sound.

(I hang my head in shame for making you all wait so abhorrently long. A week or more's absence on my part is unforgiveable.)

Saronyx raises an eyebrow at Break's question, and he twitches his ears a couple times before responding, "I found her out the Everfree Forest. She seemed kind of lost, so I decided to lend a hoof. It's the Crystal pony hospitality shining through."

He gives a small smirk, before glancing at Ariel. Outwardly, his face remaine unchanged, still his cheery, amiable expression. Inwardly however, he wore a mask of concern. He wanted to get Ariel out of the public eye. Ponyville was a friendly town, and the poor girl seemed a little overwhelmed, and rather nervous.

Glancing back to Break, he continues, "I offered her a place to get washed up, and to show her around town. Kind of why we were coming here, actually."

Edited by 00Pony

@, @@Frosty V,

"It is alright. I accept your apology," Nano said gently to Frost. The robot pony could clearly tell that this stallion meant no harm, which helped him relax. He could understand Frost's fascination; it had been simply the stallion's exuberance that startled him somewhat.

Galatea's gaze hardened when her eyes met Frost's. "To tell you the truth, I didn't really think about what I would do once I got here. All that mattered to me was reuniting with my Nano." Her expression then melted into a sheepish look as she gave a little awkward chuckle. "Not to mention that, uh, I don't really have the means to get us back to the future at the moment. So, might as well enjoy our stay here for the time being, right?" She forced out another chuckle.

"So with that said..." Galatea turned to Thunder. "A tour would be very nice, thank you," she said with a genuine smile.

@@CharChar, @@00Pony,

Ariel kept her gaze on the ground as the two stallions in front of her conversed. Her gaze flicked up to meet Saronyx's for a moment, however, when he looked her way, her flattened ears quirking up ever so slightly. She managed to put on another little smile, but it seemed about as painful as her last attempt to really smile.

She was about as relatively calm as she was going to be for the moment, which wasn't saying much. She thought that she might feel just a little better once she got herself washed up; though she wasn't usually one to care enough to keep up appearances, right now she wanted more than anything to get the tangles out of her mane and wash off the dirt that had been ground into her fur.

Her gaze soon found its way to the floor once more. She had nothing to contribute to the conversation taking place between the stallions, so she simply remained quiet.

@@Miss Reaper

Frost sported a half smile when Nano accepted his apology. He looked up to the robot and nodded. When Galatea spoke up he locked his gaze with hers and stared, listening to what she had to say. Most of the things he figured could pose a problem. He had no idea how they would get back with the technology not as advanced, or maybe there was something he didn't know. When she brought up a suggestion for a tour he smiled widened. "I would he more than happy to show you around, Thunder too!" He exclaimed with joy. "Nano you've been here a while....where should we take Galatea first?" He asked.

Edited by Frosty V

@@Miss Reaper,

"Well then, you can hop on my back and I'll take you around." Thunder Dash stated waiting for Galatea to get on his back. He was really delighted to have Galatea as a new friend. "There's so much to see and do around here, but this ain't the only town around here, oh no." Thunder stated.  

@@Frosty V, @,

((Oh dear, it's been nearly a week! I hope you can forgive me, I've been neglecting my roleplays...))

Galatea let her thoughts briefly linger on how she might go about getting back to the future. She'd have to find somewhere she could work without being disturbed, be able to gather the proper resources... But, that was not something to worry about right this moment.

She gave the two stallions a big smile. "A tour is just the thing I need. Since, you know, I'm kind of new around here," she said with a slight chuckle. "So, thank you, both of you."

Nano then looked at Frost, his mechanical ears twitching slightly. "Well, to be honest, I would like for her to meet my friends. So how about Carousel Boutique. One of my friends works there," he stated, his voice sounding a little happier than usual.

@@CharChar,@@00Pony,

@@Miss Reaper,

"Ready when you are Galatea. You can daydream a little later, but you said you wanted to go and explore Ponyville and the other regions right?" Thunder asked. He wasn't necessarily impatient or anything. He was just eager to take this new pony around and show her the wonderful places.  

@@00Pony, @@Miss Reaper

"Oh that's good."  Break looked back at Ariel.  "Do you two need help at all?"  Break was attempting to get on her good side, as to get around the whole 'shy' thing she seemed to have.

Just be nice Break, you'll find out everything you want to know eventually.  Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time...

((I can't believe I didn't post.  I'm such a ding dong. XD))

(00 posting less than a day after he's supposed to?! What is this madness?!)

Saronyx subtly bit the inside of his cheek, a subconscious tick he had developed over the years, starting from his wanting to speak out but knowing what it would bring. Now it was just something he did when he was considering a topic or suggestion he was unsure about - such as Break's offer of assistance.

He did not want to come off as rude to the other stallion, so he took a second or two to consider the offer before answering, "At the moment, not really. I was just going to lend her the use of my washroom, and probably give her a look about town," he glances at Ariel for a second, before returning his gaze to Break, "I suppose that, if it is alright with Ariel, you could assist in showing the town. I think that between the two of us, we might be able to cover everything, yeah?" The last sentence was delivered with a hint of humor creeping into the Crystal's voice.

@@Miss Reaper

Frost smiled and bowed his head slightly towards Galatea. "It is our pleasure ma'am! Me and Thunder love to help out." He said joyfully as he turned to Nano who suggested the visit Boutique. "Why that sounds like a splendid idea Nano!" He said, his smile growing wider. "I'm sure she will love to meet Miss Rarity!" He continued, almost hopping with joy

@, @@Frosty V,

"Right," Galatea said to Thunder Dash, a bit sheepish when he noticed her attention drifting.

She then turned to Nano and Frost, her ears perking slightly at the mention of a boutique and "Miss Rarity." "Oh?" She tilted her head slightly, showing curiosity and interest.

"Rarity is one of my friends," Nano explained. "She works at Carousel Boutique. She is very skilled at designing outfits."

"Outfits?" Galatea echoed, now looking a little confused. Fashion wasn't a very prominent trend in the future; and Galatea wasn't the type to normally think about it regardless.

"Yes, such as dresses for mares or perhaps tuxedos for stallions."

"I see... Well, I look forward to meeting her! This should be interesting. So, let's go!"

@@CharChar, @@00Pony,

Ariel tensed slightly when Break looked her way, looking back at him with her one violet eye, the other still concealed by her mane. Her pupils seemed somewhat dilated; she was still a little nervous, despite there being no real reason for her to be nervous at all, aside from his gaze meeting hers.

Instead of answering herself, she allowed Saronyx to speak for the both of them, and nodded her head in agreement - as well as to indicate that it was fine if Break wanted to help show her around. It wasn't his presence that perpetuated her nervous state; she did that just fine on her own. So she wouldn't mind him accompanying them... as long as he didn't stare at her anymore. That was one thing that did increase her anxiety levels.

Edited by Miss Reaper

@@Miss Reaper,

"I could take you there if you'd like." Thunder offered. "Then we could continue to explore the surrounding areas." He added as he waited for Galatea to get on his back so he could take her around Ponyville. His mind then drifted off into thinking about Rarity's outfits.  

@@Miss Reaper

Frost smiled at Galatea agreed to go see the Boutique. "Alright its settled then! We head for the Carousel Boutique!" He said with a smile that was ear to ear as he hopped lightly with overwhelming excitement. "Besides, I have to pick up my jacket Rarity was stitching up for me." He said, his tone more serious now. He turned his gaze back toward Galatea. "So was it just you who came looking for Nano?" He asked as he started to trot in the direction of the boutique.

@, @@Frosty V,

"Thank you, that would be nice," Galatea accepted Thunder's offer politely, carefully getting onto his back. She was, admittedly, a little tired from all that she'd been through recently, and it was nice to be off of her hooves for a little bit. As they started moving in the direction of the boutique, Nano followed close behind.

Galatea then looked at Frost when he addressed her. At once, she shook her head to his question. "I came here by myself. I was the only one that cared enough for Nano's well-being, being his creator and all." She answered truthfully; not having realized that a certain mare had followed her here to the past.

@@CharChar, @@00Pony,