Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you styled your mane(s)?

*Rarity

52 users have voted

1. 1. Do you have any styled brushables?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I don't have any brushables

Yeah I don't have a single pony thing, but I kinda got into getting brushables now that I saw how many wounderful stylings there are at the brushables!

Do you have any styled brushables? PICTURES? smile.png 

I searched, but found no topic like this one

• Brohoof 1

Why I sure do! Didn't do a super great job with them but is better than what Hasbro did :P there are a few tutorials on DeviantArt as well. Got no picture of them and I got my ponies at my BF's place cuz I'm moving...I miss them :<

• Brohoof 1

Why I sure do! Didn't do a super great job with them but is better than what Hasbro did tongue.png there are a few tutorials on DeviantArt as well. Got no picture of them and I got my ponies at my BF's place cuz I'm moving...I miss them :<

Awesome! Well, I feel obligated to ask you to post pictures whenever you can! I'm currently staying awake just to make sure I win a ebay buying on a Trixie Lulamoon brushable. It's not sold anymore, so I had to order it from Hong Kong (still new, but without a box... weird, but I don't care) and that will take 2 months of shipping or something. But I gotta get it! And style the mane!

I was first kinda not into getting brushables, but there are so nice stylings on the manes, that I changed my mind about brushables. DeviantArt surely does have some good guides :D

• Brohoof 1

I have a Rarity and Applejack sitting below my monitor that I styled back when I got them. I also semi styled the Trixie and Nightmare Moon. Only pic I have of any of them is AJ, so here ya go, comparing her to the Hasbro solid mane version. Didn't bother with the marble trick or anything to poof up her ponytail/tail, just let them go natural. Also made her a little hat. Sadly she came with yellow rubber bands rather than red.

20130122_184652.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Awesome! Well, I feel obligated to ask you to post pictures whenever you can! I'm currently staying awake just to make sure I win a ebay buying on a Trixie Lulamoon brushable. It's not sold anymore, so I had to order it from Hong Kong (still new, but without a box... weird, but I don't care) and that will take 2 months of shipping or something. But I gotta get it! And style the mane!

I was first kinda not into getting brushables, but there are so nice stylings on the manes, that I changed my mind about brushables. DeviantArt surely does have some good guides biggrin.png

That sounds great! I'm sure you will have fun once you get started! Yeah I know the pain of shipping times and customs. If I order from the USA the item will most probably never arrive (Oh that Funkjo Pinkie Pie and Spitfire sad.png ). Luckily I can get the brushable from China. 

I shall take photos as soon as I can ;D

• Brohoof 1

I have the old school brushable from when I was a little kid.

Unfortunately, I cut one of their bangs.

Now she is a sad panda (pony). As am I.

As for the newer stuff, I have loads, but having recently moved, they're all still in their original boxes. I will take them out and play with them though. Someday soon. Someday very soon. KUbAnTY.png

• Brohoof 1

I've got a few brushables, but haven't gotten around to styling their hair.when ever I have time, I forget to do it. so when ever I remember to do it, I'll probably work on one of of my 4 Fluttershy brushables.

I've got a couple pictorial guides saved,so I know how to do it properly.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I could have some directions on how to stylize their manes, then it shouldn't be a problem for me.

I suggest looking here:

http://countschlick.deviantart.com/gallery/

She has some other deviations, but she has the absolute BEST instructions for styling the brushables manes and tails! :D

As for me, I meant to style the new Rarity brushables I got a while back this weekend (I need to get around to doing that) plus redo the ones I had styled previously :( Unfortunately, laziness got in the way, and I'll have to wait until next weekend when I have some free times on my hands :( Too tired to do anything but screw around on the internet during the week.

I'll be sure and upload pictures when I do, though! :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't styled any of mine for a long time, but I do have some successes.

The latest one was Lyrica

12087050383_7b61405a45.jpg

Here's my Cutie Mark Crusaders (sorry for the blurry pic, this was before my cool new camera  :blush:

9094825127_fc42f0e163.jpg

A Sweetie Belle close up  :squee:

8254351261_b82d0ac47d.jpg

There were more, I need to take better photo's......then there was the ones which weren't so successful.  Like the Twilight Sparkle bangs which, well, ended as me turning her into a "Future Twilight"  :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

All I've done is braid Applejack's mane and tail (because I love braids) which isn't show accurate.

Although, I did the larger, brushable Target Exclusive Gothic Pinkie Pie, sprayed up her mane/tail and made it as straight as can be, because to me the gothic Pinkie stuff just reminds me of Cupcake Pinkamena....

I have done nothing with the others' hair because I think playing with their hair is silly....and working with hair in general is annoying, time consuming, and expensive.....

Edited by Treble Bolt

• 1 month later...

I do! But not all my ponies are show accurate, I only style duplicates since I don´t worry if I mess up their hair. By far I have styled Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie (The Pinkie one sadly didnt look so good)