• 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th or College
    • Out of school/college
    • Older than 25

I've been slowly making my way through 17th grade (grad school) for the past few years.  It's been a low priority for a while now.  After finishing my undergrad, I had to do 2.5 more years of dedicated training in order to get qualified in my current job, and even now (especially now), we're expected to continually study, get reevaluated, rack up more advanced qualifications, etc.  So the last thing I want to do in my free time is do even more formal schooling.

I swear I'll be in my late 40's before I can actually step back and not study for an appreciable stretch of time.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a sophmore, 10th grade. Its definately harder then freshman year, where at our school we do nothing compared to sophmore year, its like they suddenly hit the gas sophmore year, while freshman year is easy.

Of course band is easier now that i know how to march and stuff, and its nice not being the bottom of the totem pole, of course it seems like sophmores are just kinda there ;p. I feel so middle and stuff, its weird.

But i mean its been good i guess so whatever, besides the fact i get harder classes and more work it isn't a ton different from freshman year after a bit.

The fact that I'm the only vote for "over 25" makes me feel old now...thanks stupid poll!

Anyway, I thought this was a very interesting poll, but why no grad school option?  I may be over 25, but I'm still a student!

What about folks like me who are perpetual academics? I'm in postgraduate studies; I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we had at least a handful of members currently enrolled in masters programs. I'm not sure if we have anyone going for a doctorate, though.

I hear you!  Curretnly I am working on an M.S., but it's just a stepping stone for the Ph.D.  I think it's interesting to see that there are quite a few graduate students on here!

• Brohoof 3

What if I'm in college and older than 25? sad.png

Anyway, I graduated from high school in 2006. I'm currently going to a local technical college for an associates degree in computer networking. Originally, I was interested in the hardware side of things, hence networking, but after becoming a staff member here and working with software, I'm thinking about going into website design and programming too.

The fact that I'm the only vote for "over 25" makes me feel old now...thanks stupid poll!

Anyway, I thought this was a very interesting poll, but why no grad school option? I may be over 25, but I'm still a student!

I hear you! Curretnly I am working on an M.S., but it's just a stepping stone for the Ph.D. I think it's interesting to see that there are quite a few graduate students on here!

I chose "12th or college". I'm in college, so in my opinion, that overrides the "over 25" option. Anyway, yeah, I feel old too, so you're not alone. sad.png

• Brohoof 1

I have a university diploma in computer technology(I think it corresponds to master degree in the US) and I’m older than 25 years old.

The study at university was surprisingly easy. For some courses it was a case of “I didn’t learn anything. I knew it all along” so I didn’t even have to attend lectures. As for the rest of courses, I often found that lectors were giving lectures in small portions over a long period of time. So I usually asked lectors to give me all lectures(doc files and presentations) for whole course so I could study it home at my own much faster pace.

After graduating from university, I was surprised how dramatically my salary was increased due to the diploma as if I become much more valuable and effective than before had the university education.

People were expecting me to go after higher academic degrees but I decided against it because I knew that I can study on my own much faster and in more depth. I’m more interested in knowledge itself and applying it in a meaningful way. Money and status, which come with higher degrees, are of little value to me.

• Brohoof 1

I'm 20, been out of school for three years at this point. It's been a crazy ride since then, not all of it good.

But hell, I'll take this crap I'm going through over the bullshit drama of high school any day.

• Brohoof 3

I am one of the younger members here, but just in the age range for MLP forums :)

I am a Year/Grade 7. And, I have a strong distaste for school.

And I am 13. ;)

I'm really jelly of all these people that have finished school.

I was given the option to skip 9th grade, so I did. So, I'm in my Sophmore year.

I still don't know what I want to be when I'm older but I guess I have some time to think o_o

People were expecting me to go after higher academic degrees but I decided against it because I knew that I can study on my own much faster and in more depth. I’m more interested in knowledge itself and applying it in a meaningful way. Money and status, which come with higher degrees, are of little value to me.

I wish this was true for me. I really couln't care less about whether people eventually call me "Doctor" or not, but if I want to teach at a university I have to get a Ph.D.  It all depends what you want to do in the long run.

• Brohoof 1

I'm in year 12, or Sixth Form. Don't know what you people in the US would call it. No idea what I'm going to do when I'm finished at 18, don't like the idea of uni at the moment.

Edited by Raritas

Well, I've been through all of high school... Community college, and then one year of university.

Which totals up to well more than it should (I've struggled a lot in my college years, but not academically). I'm not taking any classes this semester, though. So, yup, I'm "struggling" again. When I'm taking classes I'm really doing it for fun, anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno if I should feel insulted or not :P

Older than 25 and no college options? :P

I guess my vocational training atm doesn't count, but its LPN 1 year course next, and then up to my 4 Year RN if things continue well from there :)

But this is also assuming the VA ponies up and pays my tuition like I paid them to do years ago...

Still snailing my way through college. I'm not sure about the technicalities involved in differentiating between 'college freshman/sophomore/junior/senior', but I'm either a junior or a senior by this point. My AA isn't really that far away, but at the rate I'm taking classes, there's probably a few more years yet to come. But that pace works for me, so no big rush, really.

Well....currently, I'm in the 9th grade. But seeing as how I do online schooling, if I finish both semesters of schoolwork early, I can move right on to the 10th grade....it's all pretty helpful and simple, actually...the format, not the schoolwork.

So, yeah, I'm in the 9th grade.

Well I happen to be in 9th grade as well, and also do online schooling ^^ 

It is pretty simple, it's very well organized and easy to deal with. I'm already half way through my year!

• Brohoof 1