Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you start over?

Smarts

Got this idea from a weird dream I had, so I figured I should make a topic about it.

If given the chance, would you start your life over right from the beginning? You would be able to relive your greatest memories and do things differently, but at the cost of having to grow up again. Would you do it?

• Brohoof 8

I would want to start my life all over again, but make the right choices that I never got to make the first time. Just to know what it's like, when your given a second chance.

• Brohoof 2

No, I wouldn't.

Even though I'm not too happy about my life, I wouldn't want to start things all the way over. 

It's hard for me to explain why I choose "no", but I'll just leave it at that.

• Brohoof 5

no i wouldn't.

i lived great things in the (almost) 18 years that i've been alive, and it would be heartwrecking to see all those great memories vanish into nothing.

pretty much, i love the life i live, and eventough i made lots and lots of mistakes and stuff, i wouldn't have it any other way. 

• Brohoof 1

I would maybe mostly cause if I can start over maybe I could make things better fix what happened in the past so that everything would be back the way it was not torn apart from all my family members and others

• Brohoof 1

No I would definetively mess it up and fail more....

I don't even want to think about all the dumb things I could think of doing...

Would probably re- eat too many doughnuts.... 

(Most of my friends now used to hate me earlier, I don't want that again...)

sad.png

Edited by a crazy pony
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I would.

There's a lot of things that I want to fix, but which are much too late to do so now. Plus, it would be great to see all my memories in HD, and when I've made the right choices too. 

• Brohoof 3

Yes I would, because I would be able to stop the bad things in my life from happening because I would know when they were going to happen. It would give me a feeling of relief that I had dealt with these issues.

Only if I kept all my memories when I went back though, if not then no.

Edited by Xelphos
  • Brohoof 1

Not a chance. By messing with the past, I may create an uncaring unthinking version of myself. The reason I am the way I am is largely a result of my past experience in different schools. Sure I could go back, fix my high school experience and turn out more social, but I'd lose the good that came from that bad experience as well.

• Brohoof 2

While I'd be tempted, to start over again as things are now would probably leave me worse off in the long run. Certainly wish I had been more out doors when I was young but thats how it is.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. While there are a few things I would gladly change, at the same time there are events in my life that I wouldn't do differently no matter how many times I was given the chance and I'd be afraid of potentially ruining those moments. Plus there are some things I would rather not having to live through again. 

• Brohoof 1

Got this idea from a weird dream I had, so I figured I should make a topic about it.

If given the chance, would you start your life over right from the beginning? You would be able to relive your greatest memories and do things differently, but at the cost of having to grow up again. Would you do it?

I wouldn't. Yes, I made a lot of mistakes. Yes, I regret them. But would my "second attempt" be free of any mistakes? I don't think so. Besides maybe in my "second life" I would not become a part of such awesome community ^_^

• Brohoof 1

No, i would lobe to change somethings I have done but ultimatly these things we have dobe shaped the person we are today, for better or worse this is who I am and I would not want to start over

• Brohoof 1

This is a tough one for me. I want to say yes immediately because I have tons of flaws and while I have not made a lot of mistakes, I view myself as the mistake overall. Only thing is, these flaws of mine are mainly causes by my not so completely healthy mental state, which I was born with. Cannot exactly change that. The only other major reason would be so I could 1. Actually try to be starting doing something talentful early on so I could maybe get good at it later and 2. Flat out tell my parents that they are wrong when they tell me that I am special. They told me this lie so much when I was younger and I actually believed them. I was naive. I will not deny that I am unique, probably thanks to my mental problems, but that doesn't mean I am 'special', unless unique is what they meant to say.

I was much happier when I was younger though, so feeling that again would be great. I am basically drowning in self hatred and depression at the moment. I am still a child at heart, always will be, but for my other problems, I am not fond of me. I did not have those negative thoughts when I was younger. I did not care really. My life isn't too important beyond that so I wouldn't have much else to go back to if I did that.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Not an easy one... Pretty much anything that I did wrong or happened to me that now haunt me can be undone which seems like a pretty nice way of finding closure. There is that part of me that grew quite cold, uncaring, fearless, perhaps even callous. My household environment has always been stable and it's always been my lack of preparedness of the outside world that screwed me up in those younger years. Jaded as I can be, as well as understanding a bit of the general psychology of bullies and pricks, I would go in much more prepared. Aside from that, I would blaze through school and I'll have much more time to myself, getting started on matters that concern me today. Quite an opportunity that would be. That I may also dedicate time to learn some actual skills for a change.

A bit of a problem that I can see: how will I befriend friends anew? Especially since our way of thinking has been shifting over the years. We're far from being the same people who became friends almost 10 years ago.

I really can't decide at this point...

• Brohoof 2

Only if I could leave a list of things to do/not to do for future...well, "redone" me. I would probably do everything to same way and everything would most likely be the same for the most part. I have wonderful memories and I'm not risking losing them just to get a second chance. 

• Brohoof 1

I would definitely take it.

Sure, it would be crazy. Going back to a life with less technology, and having all of my future up to now "spoiled". It would be very tough to live through so many years like that, but there's the thing... I could make 2008 and onward become very different much happier and more carefree years for me than they have been. It would branch off into a completely different future.

I'd have to do it, because it would be one of those impossible opportunities to restore a chance of having a future for me. It'd be an insane thing to do, but I'm fairly certain I won't make it sane in this life either.

• Brohoof 1

I would...if I knew I wouldn't be growing up in the abusive situation I was in.  If I grew up "normal," I would.  Otherwise, I am very happy to be where I am now.  If I hadn't gone through what I did, I would not be with my husband.

• Brohoof 1

I would indeed, so many things I would do differently. But to be honest, my childhood and my teenage years aren't really something I want to experience again. But I would only do it to do a few things differently, people have disrespected me throughout my life and I would definitely want to go back and prevent that. I would lift like crazy and try eating whatever you eat to get taller.

Truth is, I'm not really happy about where I am and I know I would be better off if I did start over. So there is no arguing, some people have lives were in the end they end up where they want. Well, I do not feel that way and I regret so many things. What gets me through the day is not thinking about it.

I could stop myself from having major low self esteem issues, I could prevent myself from developing trust issues. I could prevent myself from creating a lot of bad memories and most importantly I could stop my self-hatrid. I have let so many people treat me like dirt and I just act like it's okay, like nothing happened. I would not let that happen, I would have given all of those people a reason to hate me. So many other things, my life ain't perfect but I can't change it, so I don't care all that much but if I could I definitely would.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

I'd love to start my life over. Mainly because I screwed up big time in my Freshmen year of high school. But we should all forget about the past and think of the present because in the future, our present will soon be our past. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Depends. Would my current consciousness be transferred over to my new body, kinda like starting a New Game+ mode? If so, then hell to the yes. There's two reasons for this. Firstly, I'd be partaking in a supernatural experience very few humans go through which would be a huge privilege. Secondly, I'd have a chance to build on what I already have while still having youth on my side. I'll have lived twice as much life as everybody else at my age; a 46-year-old man inside a 23-year-old body. That would be awesome. Yeah, it would make for an awkward love life but I'm sure the accumulated wisdom would make up for it. And if I'm wrong and it turns out to suck, well, at least my experiences would make for a damn good book.

If I started again as a blank slate, on the other hand? Then no. I'd just make all the same mistakes and end up being the same moron I am right now. No thank you.

• Brohoof 3

Good question that. I would have considered it at least, and if I got to keep my knowledge of what I wanted to differently, got to be born in the right body and it was guaranteed that I would still meet the friends I have and befriend them at the right times, then yeah I would have done it.

• Brohoof 1

It's funny how sometimes the simplest of questions can be the most difficult to answer. I honestly can't come to a definite yes or no here, but I can explain why I'd choose each.

NO:

I'm leaning more toward no. Even though there have been moments in my life I didn't like, or even choices I've made that I questioned later if they were the right ones, from my 27 years of experience so far, life has had a weird way of working itself out. What may seem like a bad moment now, could actually result in one of the best things later in life. Perhaps that bad moment or period of time actually had a purpose. Maybe you learned an experience that later helped you, or it could've saved you from an even worse situation. I have no regrets about any of the choices I've made, even if they were choices that may have seemed wrong either by others or questioned by myself at the time.

When bad times hit, I normally try to keep myself happy because you know the saying that "all good things must come to an end"? I believe the reverse is also true, that all bad times, too, must come to an end at some point. Life is full of ups and downs, and it may actually be those downs that are the most important parts. At least, that's how I feel about it. With each down you are presented with a new challenge, a new struggle, and once it passes in the days, weeks, months, or even years ahead, you come out of it with an experience that may help you in the future. To help the ups so to speak.

That's pretty much why I wouldn't want to. Even if I could circumvent the bad experiences now that I'm aware of them from my current life, that may also result in some unintended results down the line that those bad experiences were meant to prevent, or they'll just be replaced with new unforeseen consequences. Oddly enough, I don't believe in fate or destiny, but I still think that sometimes each good or bad moment has some purpose behind it. We just may not know what it is until a very long time later, if at all.

YES:

One thing does point me towards saying yes, and it's this. Family members that have passed on due to terminal illnesses that could've been prevented or mitigated if caught earlier. If I was able to return to the past and grow up with the knowledge of how my then-alive relatives would pass, I could warn them of it. Of course, they'd probably have a difficult time believing it. That would be an endeavor in itself. I would probably let them know that I know how they will die and when the illness is actually beginning to manifest itself within them. Then tell them to have it checked and I'll pay for the check-up or something, just to "prove my point." Then they'd catch it in its early enough stage and wouldn't pass from the illness they passed from during my current life.

Sure, it'd be annoying to relive certain times like middle and high school (I hated it), and several other things, but it'd be worth it to save family. So only for that reason would I say yes, but not for my own sake.

Edited by ePONYmous
  • Brohoof 2

No, I don't believe that I would take this chance, mostly because I can't see how things would turn out differently.  Even if I were to know what happened the first time, there's the chance that I end up turning out worse than before in my attempt to correct my former mistakes.

• Brohoof 1

After thinking about it a while, my answer is: Definitely! I can't think of one memory that I can't live without. But I'd only do it if I knew the second time around would turn out WAY better than this life. There are so many things I would change about myself. Talents (I'd actually have some) Personality, intelligence, and the way I look.

• Brohoof 1