Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you start over?

Smarts

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, absolutely. My life is like a playthrough of an RPG. I have no idea how to spend my time, what skills I'll need further down the road, etc., so I just made a big mess of everything.

Now I'm 20, filled with regret, and I'd love to rewind and try again. Maybe not all the way back... maybe to when I was 15 or something. There's so much more I'd get right.

But that's wishful thinking, so. :v

I'd rather just die, but if I'm given that chance than hell yeah.

Edited by TBD

I wouldn't. Mistakes are a part of life, and you have to be able to learn to live with your mistakes along with the consequences. It's your mistakes that make you who you are, it's your imperfections, poor choices and experiences that build your character. To go back in time and re-write everything would just make you into a completely different person, and in my opinion, it's a very cowardly thing to do. 

I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out while growing up; so no, I wouldn't start over.

There were a lot of bumps and things that didn't go well, but definitely not enough for me to feel regretful.

• 2 weeks later...

I would start over but not starting at childhood. I would probably start at when I was a teenager because I made a lot of mistakes that I wish I could take back.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I wouldn't, because even though I made mistakes that I wish I could change, those same mistakes still led me on paths that I didn't expect and that actually made my life better.

Edited by Sondash Studios

Oh, good Celestia, no.  I don't want to do this sh*t over again, ever.  In fact, that's my greatest fear about death--that I'll somehow have to live again.  I'm not afraid of nothingness--there's no reason to be.  I'm afraid of enduring more consciousness.  I don't believe in an afterlife or reincarnation or anything like that, and all evidence just points to the lights going out forever, but I still have these wondering about why I'm me at this moment.  Like, why did I end up being conscious in this body and not some other body?  Why am I me and not you?  The religious have an easy out for this question that precludes them from any further analysis--god gave you a soul and put it in this body because he has a plan for you.  Case closed.  Well, I don't accept that answer without evidence.  However, that doesn't mean that it still isn't mysterious why I'm me and not you.  It's a weird thing that I've never been able to quite wrap my head around.  Part of me still has this doubt that perhaps after I die, I will find myself being born again at some point, perhaps hundreds, perhaps thousand of years from now, and I'll have to live again.  But of course, I'd have no memory of this life, which means I wouldn't care, and I wouldn't feel annoyed at having to go through this drudgery again.  And if that's how it works, then that means that in all likelihood, this isn't the first time I've done this.  Maybe this is my one millionth trip around, but I just don't know it.  But with no memories carried over, and a completely different body, it's not like you could say that it's still me every time, right?  So then this idea makes no sense.  That's why I usually just stop worrying about it.  But I just don't want consciousness in any form ever again.  I want one trip around, and then I want off of this ride forever.  I'm sure that's how it works--that's where all the evidence points.  After all, once the physical body ceases to function, there's simply nothing in there can float up into some other dimension or something, and enter some other body.  But still, I just keep coming back to that question--why is my conscious experience in this body and not that body?  Why am I me and not you?  It's weird, right?

9 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Oh, good Celestia, no.  I don't want to do this sh*t over again, ever.

My thoughts exactly. Given the first 12 years of my life (and a good while after) weren't exactly the happiest, I wouldn't want to go through it all over again, unless I'm able to choose what factors to change.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Yes. I would like a chance to start my life over. If I did, I would’ve gone for the girl of my dreams much sooner. I would have done football or wrestling in high school and maybe get a college scholarship and go to a university straight out of high school. I would’ve gotten my license at 16 and maybe my first job at that time, too. Most importantly, I would’ve talked to my dad about what he’s been doing a lot more often so that he doesn’t feel like his efforts of raising me and my brother went in vain. Maybe if he felt that he was more significant in our lives, he probably would’ve stayed with our mom. But, alas, he divorced my mom a few months ago and is living his dream without us.

If you can’t tell, i’ve done a lot of basic things in my life much later than I should have. My reality is is that I’m 22 years old and in my fourth year still in community college. I’m having this secret “Romeo and Juliet”-style love affair with the aforementioned girl of my dreams. I lost my job almost a year ago and just recently got a new one. My family is split apart with my father leaving. My mother wants to move house just to get rid of my father’s memory from her head. Yeah, my current reality kinda sucks. 

Yes, I would. I think I could actually get into a position where I don't feel like crap most of the time.

God no! This one is unique, and all the struggle, pain, and triumph is what makes it such. This one hasn’t always been good to me, but in the end, life can only take so much. I still have my health, my education(such as it is), and my faith.  The sun still rises, and as long as I can walk with my two feet and work with my hands, I’ll make it. Rock bottom is a beautiful place from which to build a foundation.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely not; all the things I did shaped me the way I am right now: may it be moments of joy, hate, anger, all of these made me into someone I am extremely satisfied to be. People shouldn't think about starting over I think; getting over things you don't like makes you stronger.

• Brohoof 1