Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you start over?

Smarts

Considering I get to keep the knowledge ive gained in this life, then yes I would...... Who wouldent want to be able to make straight A's up until senior year?... Maybe I could have get that scholarship, START OFF with healthy eating habits, and have a chance to redo my mistakes.... Ultamate life cheat code LOLZ!!!

• Brohoof 2

No. Not now, not ever. 

If it were a younger me, I probably would have chosen to start over. But in the past couple of years, I've learned a lot of things, I talked to so many different types of people.

Sure, I can relive the experiences I have once experienced. But is it really worth it? Let's say, we would keep our memories. During our years, our personality changes, it shifts. Our way of thinking can sometimes make a complete 180 degrees turn. Even when I go back to elementary and middle school, I would not be the same person, not the person that people made friends with during those times. People would react differently to me, not to mention my mental maturity at that point would be so much more different. Plus, those greatest moment you had in your life? Well, don't expect them to be so great when you do them over, you already know what's coming.

Next, we have the touchy issue of "Well, you can do the things over that you regret, you can start doing things earlier instead of later, you will be more prepared". No, I still wouldn't. Throughout my life I have sought help many times, I've met great and wonderful people by doing so, I've learned so much more about myself and the world that way. Those experiences would be gone too, even when the cause of that experience was a negative one that troubled me. No, the past is the past. Whatever you do with it, be my guest, but my past is one that will stay like it is, with no change. Sure, I would still keep  the things I learned along that way when I go back. But even then, I wouldn't want to lose that past I had. In a sense, I feel like it would be all for nothing. Everything would become a lie, fake. At least, that's how I feel, so no thanks.

And what if you wouldn't remember anything when you go back? Well, what use would it be at all to go back? Not going to go through all of that again.

No matter the situation, I'm happy where I am. Right here in the present, looking forward to the future. Even with all the negative things that have happened or I'm still going through. I'm really happy that I'm where I am right now, with all these great people around me.

• Brohoof 2

If you had asked me this like half a year ago i wouldn't hesitate, it would have been so obvious that the answer is "yes". But not now, I'm not sure.. I have a lot of problems and if I could restart I could probably avoid being bullied as bad as I was and therefore not be more or less depressed now. But I have this amazing girlfriend and I feel that finally is there something in my life that is right. She makes me complete and makes me feel loved. She has helped me in so many ways and things are getting better. So I don't know, i probably wouldn't because I don't want to risk losing her at any cost!

• Brohoof 1

I am much too impatient to do something like this, although there is something I would like to change but I shouldn't. This is just the way things are and I have to deal with that. No matter how.. impossible it seems to get over. 

• Brohoof 1

No way.

My adulthood has just started, and I'm ready to tackle it head-on. A long-term career that I enjoy, settling down with a wife and kids, owning my own place... I've waited 1/5 of a century to get to this point in my life. All there is to do is look forward. img-1945748-1-wink.png

Edited by Rockymoo
  • Brohoof 1

Nah man I see life like its a Pokemon game.

You get to the end of the game, credits roll, elite 4 destroyed, and your left with this bad ass team of poke mine and a region left to explore. Why would I want to start over all my hard work? My level 100 teams I spent countless hours ev training, mixing and matching just to find the right Pokemon team for me.

Or I could start over from the beginning and redo all that hard work over again only to make different choices which could present in a potentially worse outcome.

Yeah no thanks.

• Brohoof 2

Or I could start over from the beginning and redo all that hard work over again only to make different choices which could present in a potentially worse outcome.

Yeah no thanks.

Not to mention how much you've struggled to get this far. Life really is hard work; there's no way around that.

My only regret is not getting in touch with my birthdad while he was still alive. I was only in 6th or 7th grade, and I was completely oblivious to his passing until years later since I've never been able to talk to him at all.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I dont think so I believe that everything that has happened thus far has made me a better person and i've been able to grow from that experience it wiould be meaningless to throw all that away.

• Brohoof 1

Like... my entire life? No way, honestly. :adorkable: Yeah, it would be nice to live through my greatest moments again... but I don't want to live my life through endless re-runs.

• Brohoof 1

In some ways I'd want to relive it all if I could do certain things differently, as long as I could retain the best parts of course. But realistically, as much as I'd love to punch the reset button and tweak a few things, pain and negative aspects of living are part of what gives us strength and integrity later on. Living life again wouldn't be without bad parts; even if we are careful and lucky enough to know when and where to bypass the old ones, new ones would inevitably emerge. So as much as I would like to change some things, I don't think I'd ultimately choose to go through it all over again.

No, I wouldn't star over...

I feel like I have been through so much in my life and that I have been making a lot of progress as a person recently and I don't want to give all that up just only to pretty much "respawn" to the moment I was born. I don't see any reason why I should start over if such a thing was ever possible.

• Brohoof 1

I've thought many times about traveling back to 1992 and fixing things. I would have to go even further though if it were to the year I was born. And from the wording, it sounds like I might not retain any memories from before I hit the reset button, in which case it would be pointless. I would only want to go back to 1992 and live from that point, and only if all my current knowledge and memories were retained. I used to be sure of this, but now I'm thinking about how things could've turned out much worse. I could even die, considering that it almost happened a few times.

The best memories are accompanied by the worst, so no, I wouldn't want to start my life over. I've often thought about doing one particular thing differently if I could, but I wouldn't have been where I am now if I did so. I wouldn't have met the people that I enjoy spending my time with and I don't even think I would have been here on this forum. I love my life where it's at now, so I wouldn't want to redo it at all. That and the butterfly effect: do one thing different and your whole future could become one big chaos.

• Brohoof 1

I would if I could keep my memories. I would care about being healthier and I would totally ace school. How does a 1st grader know calculus? And I would know what stocks to invest in. Dad, it's going to be called Amazon. If I knew when it was going to happen, I would look up some lottery numbers and memorize them.

• Brohoof 1

On Fri Oct 18 2013 at 4:50 AM, Antismurf9001 said:

No, I don't believe that I would take this chance, mostly because I can't see how things would turn out differently.  Even if I were to know what happened the first time, there's the chance that I end up turning out worse than before in my attempt to correct my former mistakes.

I think that's true for me too.

No.

There's too many variables at play here.  Changing one aspect about your life can affect something many years down the road.  And, for everything you do change, a new variable will pop up.  So, in essence, you wouldn't really be 're-living' your life, but starting a whole new one.  I can see that in retrospect, thinking that if I didn't do X, then Y and Z would not have happened and I might have been better off without that, but I also wouldn't have done A,B,C, and D, which also affect where I currently am now.

And, who's to say if those changes would truly make your life better, or just complicate it more?

I would do that exactly. I would take back many of the mistakes I've made and try harder in elementary and middle school. Be braver, too. I would try to be more controlled and rational about my decisions and cherish the moments I so very much miss today.

Like most people, the good memories are mixed in with the bad ones. As much as I would like to relive some memories, I don’t want to go through the bad ones again. Change one thing about your life and it can change more than you think. For instance, choosing a different school means you won’t have the same friends or experiences. 

• Brohoof 1

Screw it, I wouldn't want to go through all this stuff again, no matter what I could do to improve it. I'm still me, so anything I'd do to change things would probably end up close to being the same as they were already. 

Despite my depression, I'm living a happy life and there are so many tiny details that have made me what I'am. Like the reason I became a YouTuber and soon Twitch Streamer is because I met a guy on Call of Duty... one guy of the millions of people in this world who I'am still close friends with to this day. I feel if I did take up this offer I would end up mostly the same, but a lot more sociable, and maybe a higher GPA. Though those tiny details are the reason I would probably never want to start over... unless I knew I was already going to die.