Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Spike x Rarity (Sparity)

Discolt

How in the world do they not have anything in common? Spikes bad side is being greedy, but his good side is being generous. Same with Rarity. Thats a whole lot in common if you ask me. Also, since when did a lot people ship Sparity? There are very very few people that ship them together. It is one of the only two semi-canon ships in the show (other being Cherilee/Big Macintosh, people seem to forget about them) but that doesn't mean a lot of people ship them. Also, I'm pretty sure Rarity knows about his feelings, but she doesn't exactly acknowledge it. I think its because she doesn't want to have to let him down. Its a cartoon so I don't see why the age difference and species difference is so wrong.

Personally, I find it adorable. wub.png

I hate this shipping, it takes up part of Spike's role in MLP, she has no interests in him, they have no things in common, Spike is a child and Rarity is an adult, there both of different Species, and prepare for the Grand Reason: Does Rarity even acknowledge the fact he loves her ???? I hope this shipping comes to an end, Stop Torturing me Hasbro and other dislikers of this ship.

Hello! Due to the similarities between your topic and many previous ones, I've merged them all into a single Spike x Rarity discussion. Thanks for your understanding :)

i think it would be cute but isnt rarity a bit old for spike ?

Well assuming that Twilight was around 20 when she moved to Ponyville and that she was about 5 years old when she hatched Spike, that would currently put him at around 15-17. Assuming that Rarity is in her mid-twenties, it makes for a bit of an age gap, but nothing colossal.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

What other relationship would be better than sparity?? Spike x Ember is very unlikely because they are clearly just friends.

The only one that fits with Spike is rarity, no doubts about it. However, the only bad thing is that they are of a different kind.

• 3 years later...
On 2012-02-25 at 10:36 AM, LunaShy said:

The different species thing isnt so wierd but the possible age gap is akward

He is considered a baby for a "Dragon" not a "Pony". For all we know, he could be well above adult in pony years. Other facts include: Dragons mature slower than ponies (besides greed), completely different species, Spike has done some stuff that shouldn't be allowed for kids (Not in a dirty way). He is min 4 to max 6 years younger than the mane 6 IMO.