Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What my cutie mark is telling me mistakes (S1E13)

Legacy Dash

I was watching "What my cutie mark is telling me" on Youtube, and someone in the comments pointed something out.

5IaZW5Y.png

Rainbow Dash has her normal cutie mark.

Also, Applejack says, "If ya'll give me a hand here".

I guess Hasbro was a bit behind schedule or something and rushed it a little.

The video...

In Hearths Warming Eve Rainbow Dash tells Fluttershy to focus on the task at hand. There are also many occasions where they say "someone" or "anyone" instead of "anypony." Though that is not so bad since a pony is a "one." In Equestria Girls Rainbow asks what hands are. But Equestria Girls is not canon. So what about all the phrases that have "hand" in them? Like "hand it over." Should ponies say "hoof it over"? What about derivative words like "handled" or "handy?" Hoofdled and hoofty?

• Brohoof 1

In Equestria Girls Rainbow asks what hands are. But Equestria Girls is not canon.

1.JPG

I feel like everyone has a different impression of what canon means these days, and that there's little point in using the word anymore...

Anyhow, the writers can only remember so often to use pony lingo. It doesn't necessarily mean they were pressed for time, just a little careless maybe.

Spike has "hands", kinda. He has fingers and a palm. So they probably have an idea, at least, of what hands are. I haven't seen EqG so I don't know Twilight's reaction to getting them is, but they do at least kind of have a reference to them.

Actually, give me a hand makes sense in context. Even if the ponies themselves do not have hands, hands are not at all uncommon or unheard of in Equestria, for example, Spike's hands, or those of the Diamond Dogs. All-in-all, the ponies are exposed to it enough for it to make sense in context.

Same with "anyone" and such, not only could that easily apply to ponies, but there are other species who simply can't say things like "Anypony" because well, they aren't ponies, and it would not make any sense if they did say "Anypony", so I assume they'd say things like "Anyone".

I assume the cutie-mark error occurs because of how sometimes the animators re-use earlier animation frames of the characters to save time. This is why Applejack's freckles often freak out when she is running, sometimes not appearing at all.

Also,

it's S3 E13, not S1 E13.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Hands are mentioned in the show from time to time, even if ponies don't have fingers or palms. Hands are somewhat of a reference in the show, so I think we are all familiar on how the episode was rushed. 

As much as I hated MMC, I'm going to play devil's advocate on the hand thing.

'Out of Hand', 'Anybody', 'Nobody', etc.

Are used quite commonly if you pay attention because at the end of the day 'hoof', 'everypony', 'nopony' and so on much like 3D was gimmick that got old for me pretty quickly.

Plus, someone on Youtube pointed out all of the flaws and continuity errors of Equestria Girls which has a compilation of ponies mentioning hands throughout all three seasons.