Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony on here afraid of thunderstorms?

Wardaddy

• 6 months later...

I used to be, but after learning what a thunderstorm actually was and that people are usually safe indoors (unless the thunderstorm is a tornadic supercell, which virtually never happens where I live), I've become more fascinated by them tbh.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I wouldn't say I'm terribly afraid of them. But I'm quite paranoid about thunder damaging electronics – I'll always unplug everything pretty soon after I hear the thunder approaching (though I don't do it as fast as I used to). At any rate, I don't take it to the extremes my grandparents did (they always even turned off the lights).

Also, I don't like going outside when the thunder is close, so I guess you could say I'm slightly afraid. :blush:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 4

Ever since I watched Twister as a kid I’ve been afraid of thunderstorms and tornadoes 

Driving to work at night during a storm is pretty freaky. Especially seeing lightning.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/16/2019 at 11:06 PM, Tacodidra said:

I wouldn't say I'm terribly afraid of them. But I'm quite paranoid about thunder damaging electronics

^ this

Even if the chances of lightning striking your house is very slim, I still sometimes get paranoid when I hear how loud / close the thunder is.

• Brohoof 1

When I was younger I was terrified of thunderstorms, especially when they knocked out the power.

Thankfully that doesn't happen too much anymore, and I'm actually really happy whenever it starts storming. For one, my job gets easier, and two, it helps me sleep at night. Although I'd still be pretty annoyed if we lost power during one.

Thunder Storms don't really scare me

except when I was younger and my Great Grandmother would panic at the slightest sound of thunder

and start having a panic attack (no joke she threw my Yugioh Cards out in the rain to stop it cause she thought Yugioh was a curse)

infact I find them to be quite cool it's Nature's Firework Display if you think about it

only time now I get worried is if the storm is crazy severe like we had in Okc a while back

it knocked out our cable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not usually. I sometimes like to watch it pour down rain outside. Now if I was sleeping and I got woke up by loud thunderstorms, then that would scare me. That has happened numerous times in my life. Where we live, we usually get a lot of thunderstorms during the spring, summer months and early fall. 

• Brohoof 1

Thunderstorms are dangerous, so everypony should be cautious and have respect of them. But I'm not afraid of them, actually just the opposite is true. I've found thunderstorms always fascinating

• Brohoof 2

Absolutely. Watched twister as a kid and that was it for me lol. Life long fear.

Glad I did get myself out of bed to go to a park today because behold it’s now a thunderstorm again. All it does here anymore. Crazy lightning goin on though

• Brohoof 2

While I was living in Florida, I got used to thunderstorms as they seemed more natural and less scary. Well, when I got back to Sweden, I decided to do the same thing and don't care about them. I have lost 3 internet routers, one built-in network card and one whole computer because of that stupid decision. 

Simply put, I am very afraid of thunderstorms, because they cost dearly if you don't respect them.

• Brohoof 1