Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony on here afraid of thunderstorms?

Wardaddy

I hate thunderstorms.  Most people don't get that.  I used to live in an area prone to daily, violent thunderstorms, and I hated it so much that we had to move.  What really ground my gears is that most people from that region just loved the storms, and would rave on and on about how cool and even relaxing they were.  I think they're f*ckin nuts.  Thunderstorms are dangerous, even indoors.  Besides the risk of damage to your electronics from power surges, every year the weather service would warn people not to be in contact with any water in your house that is also in contact with a fixture during a storm because a surge could go through the pipes and electrocute you.  That's serious sh*t.  And still, so many people I've talked to would go on and on about how relaxing thunderstorms are, the more violent the better.  Their brains are broken.  I always ask them, why don't you just go live in Jupiter's giant red spot, then?  That'd be real relaxing for you, huh?  F*ckin' wacko:baconmane:  Yeah, yeah, I know--to each their own.  If you like that, then I mean no offense, but I don't get it.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

For more, it's more of a love-hate relationship than outright being afraid. If it's a weak thunderstorm with plenty of lightning and thunder, then yeah I like them. But if they are supercellular or a derecho, then i'm extremely scared of them. It's what I refer to as 'storm anxiety', and I've had it for much of my life.

• Brohoof 1

I like thunderstorms, obviously not when I am outside getting rained on, but staying inside (or even inside of a car when not actually driving (driving in heavy rain sucks, so as a passenger or in a parked car) is great.

No not really. Around here mainly and I live in a pretty big building called an apartment.

The storms around here tend to be weakened by the drop in elevation West of us anyways (this is fact). Tornadoes are very rare in the city.

• 1 month later...