Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv So about this movie "Gravity" Is it really that amazing?

Glaci

I dunno, I've just heard a lot about this movie Gravity, and people are saying things like "It's the best movie I've ever seen" etc. 

Critics even rated it a 96/100 which is like... AMAZING

For people who've seen it, why do you think it's so good? Same goes for people who haven't seen it, is it really THAT good? 

If it is, I really need to go out and see it.

I heard that it is a really good movie. The movie itself will put in a good mood of suspense, you will on the edge of your seat, enjoying every last moment of the movie.

i personally can't enjoy those movies.

not because i dislike action movies or something but because almost anything that happens is sceintifically impossible.

for example: there is no medium in space to carry sounds, so why the hell are we hearing things in space in that movie?!?

Edited by repsol rave

I just saw it the other day. I was really impressed. The movie really captured the beauty, the silence, and the dangers of being out in the midst of space. 

I was on the edge of my seat. It was amazing!

Wow! Well I guess I'll have to go see it myself then! I never figured it to be much of an action movie.

I will SURELY go see it now xD I tend to love movies with suspense, and I've never heard of a movie so silent like that, so I think it will be truly amazing and realistic if what I'm hearing is true.

i personally can't enjoy those movies.

not because i dislike action movies or something but because almost anything that happens is sceintifically impossible.

for example: there is no medium in space to carry sounds, so why the hell are we hearing things in space in that movie?!?

We don't hear things, all we hear is what is touching her.  The reverb from the impact of something hitting her is what we are hearing.  You can't hear anything she's not touching.

Honestly I loved the movie.  It was very intense and beautifully done.  Some angles amazed me.  It was probably the most realistic space movie I've seen.

• Brohoof 3

I usually don't get the chance to see a movie in 3D, much less IMAX 3D...now, that combination is amazing. I've seen a couple movies in this spectacular format. I can positively say, this is the greatest IMAX 3D Experience I have ever been through. One thing (of the many) I love about this movie is the thing that is always overlooked in other films is the fact that I HATE is the fact that...there is no f**kin' sound in space, yet so many movies just ignore that and make it clear to hear explosions and rockets and it just pisses me off...this is not the case in Gravity, in Gravity, shit goes bad, shit goes VERY bad, you see things hitting the fan(showing off this movie's amazing special effects)and you don'thear a thing. All you hear is the music, which is unbearably great and suspensful, and the character's voices. And when you do hear things, it's always from Sandra Bullock's perspective, so you can hear her tightening a screw and you hear it all muffled through the space suit. This movie is a thriller, but at certain points the movie becomes very emotional and it actually pulls it off perfectly well. At a point in this film, there was a moment I thought "This is the best movie I have ever seen", now, I'd have to think very hard to definetly make that bold statement, but this is positively one of the best films ever made. I'm a die-hard movie buff, and well, I love movies so much, and so rarely I almost cry during a great film, but rarely is it because the story is sad, or it is so intense. I think it's just the fact that I love this movie so much. It's just the movie lover in me telling me "this one is special, this one will be remembered for years", and this is precisely the case for "Gravity". This film is a 10/10. I highly recommend this movie, even more so in the mind-blowing IMAX 3D!!!!

Edited by TheInsaneShane

I just watched this the other day, and I think it's rather cool. ^_^

You get to see a space mission in the perspective of the astronauts themselves, and you also get to see how airlocks and other stuff work! That was pretty interesting for me. :lol:

And like the others have said, it really is a thrilling movie, and there are some/one mind blowing part/s.

Overall, it certainly is a good movie, and some parts really might make you think about life. :)

I love space, so I suppose I am semi-interested, but solely for the graphics. My family went out to see it on Thanksgiving (which was last weekend in Canada) and they all said besides the visuals it was pretty meh.

I suppose it depends on your tastes, though, some people LOVE that sort of thing. I think I would just pick apart the inaccuracies being a space nerd, though.

If you're talking about amazing 3-D effects, it's an absolute must. The 3-D is fantastic with the depth and everything flying around. And since there is barely any camera cuts, it just blows your mind. As for the story, it was pretty good. The cinematography was unique, and the concept that they had going on was pretty interesting. Just be prepared for non-stop intensity if you see it.

It's excellent movie. The thing that impressed me most was the use of the camera. In your typical space movie, things are shot as if space has a conventional "up and down" logic. Gravity is the only movie I've seen that does away with that for the entire duration. The camera makes impossible flips and whirls, ensuring that the viewer, like the main character, is never on easy footing. It's marvelous to look at and well worth watching on a huge screen.

Is it the best movie ever? I wouldn't go that far. It's not even top 50 material for me. But is it the best of the year? I can say yes without any hesitation.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was a great movie, although it felt like it only lasted an hour. It also had a great message: "Don't give up, even if you feel like things are too difficult." The visuals were stunning, even in 3D, but like most 3D movies, there weren't many 3D effects.