Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boom! You're suddenly homeless. What do you do?

Glaci

Been there, done that. TWICE.

As a matter of fact, I'm in the process of rebuilding my life now.

When I became homeless, I packed up what I could take with me, blubbering as I did so. I then moved back in with my mother the first time, then stayed in a homeless shelter for a weekend the second time around.

I now live with two roommates, but I hope to save up enough money to move out and live on my own again!

So I gused what I'm trying to say is this: there will be many, many tears if you find yourself losing the roof over your head, but there are are ways to keep yourself off the street, at least for a time! Do what you need to do in order to avoid living on the streets!

• 3 months later...

Stay with a friend for a few weeks until I can get a new place. Same thing I did when my place burned down June 23rd. It was also the day that Brexit happened so I have mixed feelings about that day.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd sneak into someone's apartment and live in one of their cupboards like some sort of weird gremlin-like creature. I'd only emerge in secret to use their bathroom and to raid their fridge before scurrying back to my lair within my claimed cupboard. And on the day that I'm discovered, I'd hiss and jump out of the nearest window never to be seen again and will forever be recorded in the annuals of urban mystery. :-P

Outside of that. I'd just make the most of the situation. Maybe fulfil my brother's prophecy of me becoming some sort of mad person living on top of a mountain or hill somewhere, speaking in tongues at random travelers. But that being said, if I had no way back into society, I'd just become a forest dweller of some kind.

Move in with my other relatives and get a job at retails. It’s easier to find a job there since they’re always hiring.

If I was homeless, I would make up a sweet fort away from society and live of the land. Other people will come to me for my wisdom and sacrifice their bread for it.

• 8 months later...

I would make it a daily practice to go to the nearest public library with free computers and wi-fi and apply to as many jobs as possible that I meet the qualifications of. I'd also stay with my relatives for the time being until I was able to get a job.

I would locate a place to stay for the night. If I couldn't find anywhere, I would look for alternatives such as building myself something. I am quite resourceful. If I had money, I know that would just be a temporary thing, so I would make sure to get whatever necessary to fix my situation rather than waste the money on a motel/hotel.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I’m 90% certain I could find someone who’d let me bum around on their couch for at least a week or so until I figured something long term out. If all else fails, hold up a bank with finger guns and get sent to jail for three hots and a cot.