• Rareware
    • Retro
    • THQ
    • Ubisoft
    • Valve
    • Visceral

(edited)

@MOSFETv2

Added, plus I have chanced OP to something that may be a bit more formal.

Also, poll is going under editing so that it is in alphabetical order, meaning that the poll will need re-answering.

Edited by Lag Spike

When it comes to develops, my personal elite group includes Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, Bethesa, and Bioware.

On publishers, I'd go with Ubisoft and Activision Blizzard.

I voted Valve.

My favorite other devs are:

Sony Santa Monica

Square

Bungie

Rockstar

Nintendo

Kinda sorta Bethesda, but they're buggy and not very nice, etc.

Kinda sorta Blizzard, but they're too big for their britches and I'm sorta soured

Oh, and I would probably say Naughty Dog, from what I've heard, but I've never actually played a Naughty Dog game, believe it or not.  I will, soon.  I own some, I just have to finish some other games first.  I know I missed the party.  I couldn't care less.  I'll still play em.

Edited by Justin_Case001

To be honest, most developers nowadays suck at what they do. Rockstar's empty promises! Assassin's Creed Unity! Street fighter 5 on disc dlc! Destiny's storyline! Silent Hill HD collection(submachine gun sounds like someone is shitting into a mic)! are a few prime examples of what not to do.

I enjoy most of Konami games. I wouldn't recommend anything else at the moment until developers start putting out some good games for a change.

I want konami to take my money now so I can play MGSV.

Can't we choose multiple?

Well its really hard to choose bethesda and ubisoft have really good games (skyrim AC etc) so I'll go with 3rd option and say paradox cuz I love magicka wizard wars.

Still Not 100% sure...

To simplify my choices, I'll just mention who I think are the best game developers/publishers:

1st Party: Nintendo (no duh, I already mentioned this on my profile)

3rd Party: I have too many favourites to narrow this one down shrugs

I'd have to say Nintendo personally, it really depends on what your taste is in games. Also I played quite a bit of Nintendo's games when I was younger.

Love Valve, But one of my favorite game developers isn't on there. Albeit, its not a super popular/mainstream company, but Bohemia Interactive and their Arma series. All my love. 

• Brohoof 1

This is a poll on what your favourite game companies are, if you need me to add any, please mention me with @Lag Spike and I'll be sure to add it as soon as I can.

Remember that the forum rules still apply here and that it is preferred that there is no in-fighting, if you want to argue about certain companies please take it to PM, thank you.

Also something I should mention, this is a poll about the company as of now, not what they may of been in the past, please take this into consideration when answering.

Moved to the media forum and gave it the Gaming tag. :)

• Brohoof 1

Nintendo da best... no dev can compare to the tightness and polish of their games.

Grasshopper, Retro, Rare, Square Enix, Capcom, Sega, Konami, Ubisoft, and Platinum have also all made great stuff.

OH HEY I POSTED IN THIS TOPIC A LONG TIME AGO BUT I'M GONNA POST AGAIN BECAUSE CHANGES.

XSEED is probably my favorite publisher. They bring a lot of games over to the US that would have never come here otherwise, including the last few entries of one of my favorite RPG series' of all time.

Konami. I only say Metal Gear

Also Castlevania but maybe that's just me cuz it's one of my all-time favorite franchises. <.< >.>

Mercurysteam are actually the ones who made Lords of Shadow though so they're probably up there too.

• Brohoof 1

Fukin hell, I ain't adding anymore until the forums allows me to re-arrange the results without having to put them back in again, because it's annoying.

Anyway, Edits are done, I got lazy so it took way longer than it should have and results went from the previous Ver. of the poll.

Platinum, for their great spectacle fighters

Blizzard, for making amazingly fun games and actually listening to their community

Devolver Digital, for just being awesome all-around

Vlambeer, for wasting hours of my life on insanely addicting games

Valve, for making some of the best FPS games around (and Dota 2)

Edmund McMillen, for also being awesome

Atlus, for bringing games to the US that I may have never played

LucasArts, R.I.P

1990's id Software, for making the FPS genre what it is

Pre-Xbox Rare, for making some of my favorite 3D platformers

Nintendo, really just for their games

And finally, not fucking Sonic Team, they screwed up a great franchise.