• Nintendo
    • Platinum Studios
    • Rareware
    • Retro
    • THQ
    • Ubisoft
    • Valve
    • Visceral

Some time ago I heard that joke: "Why is EA the worst game developer in America? Because Ubisoft is French".

The main reason why I don't like Ubisoft is this, what they did to Trackmania.

My favourite developer? Valve! Team Fortress 2, Portal 1&2, GMOD, Left4Dead... Do I have to explain this?

Platinum, for their great spectacle fighters

Blizzard, for making amazingly fun games and actually listening to their community

Devolver Digital, for just being awesome all-around

Vlambeer, for wasting hours of my life on insanely addicting games

Valve, for making some of the best FPS games around (and Dota 2)

Edmund McMillen, for also being awesome

Atlus, for bringing games to the US that I may have never played

LucasArts, R.I.P

1990's id Software, for making the FPS genre what it is

Pre-Xbox Rare, for making some of my favorite 3D platformers

Nintendo, really just for their games

And finally, not fucking Sonic Team, they screwed up a great franchise.

EDIT: I had to censor this, no one shall know...

Edited by ShadowBeam

Well, this isn't a company, but since you did say developer: I'm gonna go with Edmund McMillen. He is an indie game developer who you might know as the creator of Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac. I love this guy and the games he makes so much, and he seems like a really cool guy from his blog and his appearance in Indie Game: The Movie. His games have a distinct style that are packed to the brim with content.

• Brohoof 2

Elder Scrolls Online was made by Zenimax Online Studios and was published by Bethesda.

Forget everything I said since I came to these forums, I'm a certified idiot. 

Jesus Christ, I deserve to be beaten and thrown to the middle of the sea.

I have to disagree about Blizzard. The Elder Scrolls Online was one hell of a backstep.

Blizz didn't make ESO. Don't know where you got that idea....

Oh yeah, wait, it's just crappy WoW.

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten to the punch.

Edited by VulpineTaco
  • Brohoof 1

Blizz didn't make ESO. Don't know where you got that idea....

Oh yeah, wait, it's just crappy WoW.

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten to the punch.

I'M SORRY! STAPH!

I REGRET EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DONE!

(Even I can't believe that I mistaken those two.)

Edited by ShadowBeam

Fukin hell, I ain't adding anymore until the forums allows me to re-arrange the results without having to put them back in again, because it's annoying.

Anyway, Edits are done, I got lazy so it took way longer than it should have and results went from the previous Ver. of the poll.

I sincerely doubt you could put all developers and publishers in there anyway. There's likely a limit to how many poll options you can have but I could be wrong.

Besides, the poll in itself would possibly restrict the more lazy of the posters to just what's there instead of having to just think about it. :P

For me it's a tie between Bethesda and Nintendo. In the E for Everyone videogames, Nintendo has always been on top, and rightfully so. Without Nintendo, gaming wouldn't have come as far as it has now. that, or it'd be a completely different industry. And I just really like Bethesda, half because it owns the Fallout series, and half because of what it's made after.  :derp: By that logic, I'll have to vote for Nintendo on this one.

• 1 month later...

Media Molecule deserves a place on that poll list. They're extremely underrated.

They're my favorite developer, i do have a few other one's i like such as Nintendo, Insomniac, the older Naughty Dog, Sony and Bioware i suppose. I still like Media Molecule the most out of all of them.

I cannot wait for the next generation of Play, Create and Share from them. It's coming soon, love Media Molecule <3

-snip-

*throws coffee

joking aside.

My favs game company are

Platinum Games 

Atlus

Level 5

Nintendo

MOBA trifecta (Riot, Blizzard/Valve, Hi-Rez)

Square Enix

Capcom

Sega

I'm emphasizing on Platinum games, Atlus, Level 5, SE here.

Platinum: All of their games are very good, since it has its over the top finishers. Madworld, Bayonetta 1/2, Wonderful 101, MGR, Vanquish.

Atlus: SMT Franchise and its spin off. nuff said. Shin Megami Tensei is one of the best JRPG to date. While it's spin off are top notch, like Persona series and Cathrine. Their EO series is also worth mentioning.

Level 5: Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy, Prof Layton Series. WKC. These games are exceptionally good games.

Square Enix: Long running RPG game company that has made some of the best RPGs of all time e.g FF6/7/8/10, and it's other games are worth mentioning.

I would have to say that my favourite game devs would be DICE (both LA and Sweden), Bioware (for their incredible work on the ME trilogy and Dragon Age) and 4A Games (that small company no-one knows about who possibly made my favorite AAA title of all time  :P )

DICE is my number 1 purely because they really listen to their fans and it's easily being shown by what they're doing with BF4 at the moment. I mean there's the night maps being added in at the request of the community as well as a brand new map which is entirely created by the community (through polls and questions and discussions and such). Bioware has never let me down with the quality of their games either. They are a wonderful developer  :lol: . Now 4A games makes the Metro games but no-one really seems to know them. They are a small company and that's proven by how cheap the DLC's are for the games. (seriously, a season pass for only £10???). They deserve a lot more recognition than they get  :)

Now Bungie would have easily made this list for their work on Halo, but currently they are one of my least favorite devs after Destiny. I'm not saying I hate them, it's just they aren't the same incredible team I fell in love with during the Halo era  :(