Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Star swirl and your reactions

FNGRpony

When i say star swirl the bearded do you think
"More?"
Or

"God I'm so sick about hearing about that guy."'

Should he stay in small easter egg canon bites from celestial, luna, or even discord?  (I'd love to hear the changeling queen name drop him, if only it would open up so many more question and speculation).

Should he get a flash back episode?

A time displace episode?

Twilight masters star swirls time travel spell

Forget magical mystery cure

A real, real, real back in time episode.

No character is more important and doesn't even have a voice actor lol.

I kinda wanna see how he'd react to alicorn twilight?

We should at least get an episode that reflects on who he is, since we know a little about him in small bits of backstory information.The writers could touch on this matter in season four.

• Brohoof 2

We should at least get an episode that reflects on who he is, since we know a little about him in small bits of backstory information.The writers could touch on this matter in season four.

I mean i'm expecting him to be one grumpy sour puss.  IF he did show up in modern times twilight would be jumping off the walls going "OH Sweet celestial best day eva!"

only to find out he's likely a giant jerk.  It would be another let down episode like the tripple g.

grand galloping gallae.

but hay there's so many ways they could spin that.

I mean i'm expecting him to be one grumpy sour puss.  IF he did show up in modern times twilight would be jumping off the walls going "OH Sweet celestial best day eva!"

only to find out he's likely a giant jerk.  It would be another let down episode like the tripple g.

grand galloping gallae.

but hay there's so many ways they could spin that.

I don't think your making any sense, we barely even know about how Starswirl will act. So, until we know more about him or see him then we can't say much.

Yeah, I agree. I have been very interested in knowing more about this "Star Swirl" for a long time now. I love magicians haha. Personally, I've gotten a picture of him in my head as like the most powerful magician in the whole of Equestria. Since he (in my mind) came up with a lot of different spells (he probably did anyways) he is somepony really important in Equestrian history. I would love to see an episode where we get to hear more of him, not an episode about him. I do not want an episode where we get to see how he looks like cause that would kinda ruin the whole "star swirl is a legend" feeling for me. I don't know why I feel that way really but I just don't want to. Since I don't want to see him, giving him a voice would be rather pointless if you don't show him. Maybe they could do it like... Somepony find his old stuff, a letter or something that Twilight gets her hooves on and reads. But yeah I would love to hear more about him but I don't think they should do some sort of flashback.

Like.. Imagine an episode where Twilight and her friends goes on an adventure to solve a mystery about him. Oh guys that would be so awesome...

I don't think your making any sense, we barely even know about how Starswirl will act. So, until we know more about him or see him then we can't say much.

Well he did say that's what he expects :P

Edited by Jokuc

He didn't value friend ship.

And he's a powerful mage.

Am I making a huge leap of faith?

seeing as how most mages in popular media (ANd on this show) tend to be socially in ept.

Great and powerfully in ept (heh) if you get the hint.

• Brohoof 2

He didn't value friend ship.

And he's a powerful mage.

Am I making a huge leap of faith?

seeing as how most mages in popular media (ANd on this show) tend to be socially in ept.

Great and powerfully in ept (heh) if you get the hint.

I know that he doesn't value friendship, because he never took the time to even learn or think about friendship. We do notice the social themes in the show, not saying your wrong.

I know that he doesn't value friendship, because he never took the time to even learn or think about friendship. We do notice the social themes in the show, not saying your wrong.

The hope is he would be a grouchie old man.

I have a series i started watching called gravity falls, and there's this stann character that showed me you can have a older fun character on a show.

Maybe that's what mlp is missing (and yes I find granny smith painful).

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see some sort of flashback episode with Star Swirl. As we don't really know much about him,other than he was a powerful unicorn  a thousand years ago....We don't even really know what he looks like, do we? So, yea. this would be cool to see an episode of.

He's basically going be what Twilight would have like as an old mare with no friends, Powerful as all hell, knowledge able on lots of subjects but alit antisocial and hates being wrong,

Kind of the ponified version of Big Hat Logan from Dark Souls :P

I personally like the headcanon that Starswirl is Discord. If this ever happened (which it won't :( ), I would love to see a time displacement episode where Twilight is pulled back in time by Starswirl. Shortly after, he performs that half-completed spell that we saw in Magical Mystery Cure, but since he has no friends, backfires on himself. He turns into Discord, yadda yadda, Twilight's the only one who tries to help him, eventually turns evil because of loneliness, and right before being turned to stone, sends Twilight back.

This would be really cool because it would mean Discord has known Twilight this whole time! :D Just an interesting concept I thought of.

Now for probable things.

Time travel episode where Twilight meets Starswirl. Fangirling ensures. Things happen. Much more boring than my idea, but it's probably what will be done, if Starswirl is ever explored in the actual show.

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

John Delancys personally trolled the star swirl discord idea I believe in character lol (i've heard the audio),

that being said I still love that head canon lol.

I personally like the headcanon that Starswirl is Discord. If this ever happened (which it won't sad.png ), I would love to see a time displacement episode where Twilight is pulled back in time by Starswirl. Shortly after, he performs that half-completed spell that we saw in Magical Mystery Cure, but since he has no friends, backfires on himself. He turns into Discord, yadda yadda, Twilight's the only one who tries to help him, eventually turns evil because of loneliness, and right before being turned to stone, sends Twilight back.

This would be really cool because it would mean Discord has known Twilight this whole time! biggrin.png Just an interesting concept I thought of.

Now for probable things.

Time travel episode where Twilight meets Starswirl. Fangirling ensures. Things happen. Much more boring than my idea, but it's probably what will be done, if Starswirl is ever explored in the actual show.

I wouldn't mind seeing twilight fan girl.  She's often to serious.  twilight being a bit more childish might just be what the dr ordered.

• Brohoof 2

I could see a very interesting episode come from Starswirl. He's a very interesting pone, and nothing really has been revealed about him at this point.  Dunno about physically him being there, but more of a crystal empire type of thing, but more in the name of swirlybeard.

I agree with this. Exploring the history and lore of Equestria is a interesting topic as it makes the story more rich and makes the references more entertaining to hear about. If he remains a mystery, it'll be just that: a mystery.

• Brohoof 1

How about making Star Swirl's final fate a mystery? Nopony knows what happened to him in the final stretch of his life. He just disappeared without a trace. Would finding out what happened to him make an interesting premise for an episode?

It would be nice to see a little more story on him, doesnt need a full episode or anything but just some more backround info then what they have given us already. Oh a possible mess up episode Twilight goes back and gives Statswirl the endeing of his unfinished spell and accidentaly undoes herself as an alicorn(dunno if someone said that yet, I didnt read every comment)

Personally I'd prefer it if the 'Great' Starswirl the Bearded turned out to have really gone mad with power and tried taking over Equestria, but was kept secret so Unicorns wouldn't be afraid to innovate new spells out of fear of becoming corrupted and Twilight's reaction to seeing the monster that her idol truly became.

And she'd have to stop him from coming to the present to overthrow Celestia.

But, he's not Sombra or Discord, just an evil Unicorn who insanely believes Celestia is holding Equestria back from true greatness.

Maybe a episode of Chrysalis posing as Star Swirled would be a good episode. At the end the real Star Swirled will show up and do something and it could also rid of Changeling racism.

I often picture in ponyville you'd totally get away with saying changeling scum ^^.

But i like the idea of chyseleias playing imposter more often.

Twilight masters star swirls time travel spell

Well remember, that spell can only be casted one time.

As for the topic question, I would like to know more about Star Swirl. It would be cool if was in an episode or maybe the idea that SS is Discord might be a fun idea.   

Well remember, that spell can only be casted one time.

As for the topic question, I would like to know more about Star Swirl. It would be cool if was in an episode or maybe the idea that SS is Discord might be a fun idea.   

well even if we didn't do time travel, again,

we could have star swirls ghost.  Specially on a nightmare night episode.

You know what would be a funny gag?

His spirit comes back for one night only and twilight misses the whole thing cause of princess duties.