Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Musicians Recently Quitting

Arcangel

Is anyone noticing that several brony musicians are not producing mlp music anymore?

I saw something on EqD about some pretty popular artist quitting (whom I can't remember the name of), and, of course, Tombstone can no longer explicitly reference the show, which means no remixes.

Additionally, JackleApp and WoodenToaster are currently on a music hiatus.

It would only make sense, with the pony drought and all, but do you think that's the cause, or is it only the cycle of talented people coming in and out of the fandom?

Let me hear what you think.

(P.S. Does anyone know what happened to the Beatle Bronies? They are all producing music separately now, but have never said they broke up the band.)

Yea, it's quite the omen.

It scares me how the fandom is acting as another step to their music career. It's becoming an unsettling trend where producers can just do this kind of thing and it's ok. Seeing how Sim, Silva, Tomb, Alex, Jack, Glaze, and a great other deal have been slowly straying, if not just flat out stepping out of community.

While of course the musical front of our community is recieving blow after blow, our traditional artists, sketchers, painters, what have you is stronger then ever. And is quite refreshing for that matter. There is no lack of fantabulous artists, vectorererers, animators about this time no doubt.

As for a cycle of in and out, I've not seen any talented producers take up the throan as of yet, perhaps of course I ;D ;D ;D

Such is life.

RIP in peace.

• Brohoof 1

Is anyone noticing that several brony musicians are not producing mlp music anymore?

I saw something on EqD about some pretty popular artist quitting (whom I can't remember the name of), and, of course, Tombstone can no longer explicitly reference the show, which means no remixes.

Additionally, JackleApp and WoodenToaster are currently on a music hiatus.

It would only make sense, with the pony drought and all, but do you think that's the cause, or is it only the cycle of talented people coming in and out of the fandom?

Let me hear what you think.

(P.S. Does anyone know what happened to the Beatle Bronies? They are all producing music separately now, but have never said they broke up the band.)

Well, the majority of any form of art; be it writing, drawing/painting, or music requires some form of inspiration to be enjoyable or have some form of value.

I'm sure that these musicians realize this and are going on hiatus because of said pony drought giving them a lack of ideas or material to work with.

They may have also just hit burnout and feel like they need a break for a while before they can come back to form.

Yeah, it is kinda depressing to see a lot of brony musicians losing their drive. I was so bummed when I went to listen to Petrified not too long ago and realized that it was no longer available under TheUlasht's channel because H8_Seed had made all his songs private after he quit being a brony... sad.png

Edited by CloudMistDragon

Wait, why can't TheLivingTombstone reference the show anymore? And why would everyone be quitting? That doesn't really make any sense... But then again, I haven't really kept up with all the goings on of the creative people in the fandom, so I'm in the dark. Anyone care to explain for me please?

Wait, why can't TheLivingTombstone reference the show anymore? And why would everyone be quitting? That doesn't really make any sense... But then again, I haven't really kept up with all the goings on of the creative people in the fandom, so I'm in the dark. Anyone care to explain for me please?

Tombstone can't make references anymore because he got some contract or something (good for him.) Not everyone is quitting, though. Look at Mandopony, he's still going strong.

Yea, it's quite the omen.

It scares me how the fandom is acting as another step to their music career. It's becoming an unsettling trend where producers can just do this kind of thing and it's ok. Seeing how Sim, Silva, Tomb, Alex, Jack, Glaze, and a great other deal have been slowly straying, if not just flat out stepping out of community.

While of course the musical front of our community is recieving blow after blow, our traditional artists, sketchers, painters, what have you is stronger then ever. And is quite refreshing for that matter. There is no lack of fantabulous artists, vectorererers, animators about this time no doubt.

As for a cycle of in and out, I've not seen any talented producers take up the throan as of yet, perhaps of course I ;D ;D ;D

Such is life.

RIP in peace.

I don't think this is the case, though. I'm not much of a brony doomsday prophet, like some people, and I think that just because a few people stopped/went on hiatus from their music, doesn't have to be such a bad omen. Personally, I like the fact that Tombstone got his contract. We still can carry on without TLT, and some others. Personally, I think some people are overreacting (what a surprise!) With the ever-continuing influx of, well, everything, I'm sure some other bronies will rise to the challenge of carrying the brony music torch, when, and only when, our current musical artists quit.

Long live the bronies.

I was actually talking about this with one of my friends IRL a bit ago.

Music is such a huge part of my life, and I hope to make a living off of DJing and producing music myself some day. When I saw Sim Gretina, Tombstone, Alex S., and the like all *EDIT* expanding beyond pony music *EDIT*, I totally got it.

It's not necessarily 'quitting' the fandom. One can only get so far with remixes of songs from, of all shows, MLP. Most artists reach a point where they branch off from their past work and move on to different stuff.

And anyways, it's not like you can't listen to their music anymore just because it doesn't have ponies :3

-Fix

Edited by Fix
  • Brohoof 1

When I saw Sim Gretina, Tombstone, Alex S., and the like all moving on, I totally got it.

Umm... Sim Gretina hasn't quit.

Aslo, I agree with what your're saying, although I probably would not listen to brony music if it didn't have to do with ponies. It's not usually the kind of music I like.

• 1 year later...

Glaze has uploaded a new song not too long ago by the name of Prototype VIP. It´s really good, and fits into the rainbow factory storyline as a prequel.