Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Netlabel

Crimson

I just wanted to ask the general public about an idea I've been having. Before anything: Are there already other Brony Netlables? If there are, I just haven't looked hard enough. Either way doesn't matter.

I want to start a NetLabel based on Brony music. NetLabels are free and really shouldn't be too hard, I think. I kind of just wanna do something I, as well as any other Bronies willing to contribute, would enjoy. The idea is mostly just getting new artists noticed and working with experienced artists. We'd have albums (completely dependent on the amount of musicians that join) based around the Genre or topic. I want to include all forms of EDM like Dubstep, Drum & Bass, House (of all sorts), Moombah, Trap, and whatever else shows up. But we won't just need music. We would also appreciate aesthetic artists for the artwork, and maybe some animators for PMVs for original works.

I got big plans for this label, but for now it's just a proposition. What would the general public think? It would all be for free and for fun. (If your looking to make money, use bandcamp or something). I could get some YouTube channels devoted to the different styles, a Soundcloud just cause, Bandcamp (making money is an option, but I prefer to keep things free), and whatever else comes to my attention. I'd also put together some Podcasts (what I really want to do) to feature some new artists of all kinds.

^ Unorganized, I know ^

This is what it would be, but with lots of people.

So, what y'all think?
(If it's stupid, be as aggressive as the forum let's you img-1950170-1-biggrin.png)

Any Interesting ideas for the Label's name are welcome

The Label's name will be Bronyville Records until a better name comes along.

Edited by Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

i had no idea what a netlabel was before i started reading this, but i got the impression it's something like monstercat, right?

ifso, i think it's a pretty sweet idea! you just need to get artists to join, but i'm sure you can find enough brony artists on the pony.fm pages.

i had no idea what a netlabel was before i started reading this, but i got the impression it's something like monstercat, right?

ifso, i think it's a pretty sweet idea! you just need to get artists to join, but i'm sure you can find enough brony artists on the pony.fm pages.

A Netlabel is just a regular Label, but free. Should be easy to run, but I don't think I'll be doing it on my own. Hopefully some people would like to take part.

Would you be open to non-brony music once in a while? While I do make some brony music, I'm currently focusing on more, well, other music. I don't insist to have much, but just to show that some brony musicians do more than just brony music. Anyway, it's all about getting your name out there, and I would be interested in joining your netlabel.

Would you be open to non-brony music once in a while? While I do make some brony music, I'm currently focusing on more, well, other music. I don't insist to have much, but just to show that some brony musicians do more than just brony music. Anyway, it's all about getting your name out there, and I would be interested in joining your netlabel.

As long as your a Brony and you make music, It's all good :D Right now it's nothing really, but when it picks up you'll definitely get your name out there. And all I want is to give new musicians a chance. As soon as we get a few more artist up, we'll have something to post on YouTube and Soundcloud. And if we get more than a couple dozen tunes, we can get a Podcast out for people to enjoy. I'll spend the time to advertise this project.

• 2 years later...

As long as your a Brony and you make music, It's all good :D Right now it's nothing really, but when it picks up you'll definitely get your name out there. And all I want is to give new musicians a chance. As soon as we get a few more artist up, we'll have something to post on YouTube and Soundcloud. And if we get more than a couple dozen tunes, we can get a Podcast out for people to enjoy. I'll spend the time to advertise this project.

Please tell me, did you make this netlabel by now? What is the name? I have a brony album i'm making right now and need a brony label.

@@aeswa, This thread is quite old, and it doesn't look like the member is coming back, but I do have some advice that might help. Poniverse, the same people who brought you MLP Forums has a brony music sharing service, Pony.FM, which you may consider checking out. While not the same as what you were looking for, it may help you gain what you're looking for.

I've also moved this thread to the Creative Resources music section. If you have any questions about the forums, feel free to let me know. I'm music stupid, but forum knowledgeable.

• Brohoof 1

@@aeswa, This thread is quite old, and it doesn't look like the member is coming back, but I do have some advice that might help. Poniverse, the same people who brought you MLP Forums has a brony music sharing service, Pony.FM, which you may consider checking out. While not the same as what you were looking for, it may help you gain what you're looking for.

I've also moved this thread to the Creative Resources music section. If you have any questions about the forums, feel free to let me know. I'm music stupid, but forum knowledgeable.

Ok. Well, if I just put my album on there, would I say that the label is Pony.FM? I'm looking for a netlabel and all the brony ones i found won't reply, because they're inactive :(