Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your ultimate sandwich?

Noazark

What would be the most mouth-watering stomach-enticing face-melting can't-wait-to-have-it  sandwich of your dreams?

It doesn't have to be a real sandwich, if you're into unicorn meat or something tongue.png

Mine would have to be hummus, pickles, Swedish cabbage, fried chicken strips, boiled egg slices, and a drip of lemon all on freshly baked challa bread from whole grains. Hot damn that sounds delicious.

img-1951494-1-The-21-worlds-amazing-sand

Pic unrelated

Edited by Noazark

I haven't fully mastered the sandwich making, truth is I have only tried out a few types. I'll admit most of the time that's usually just one filled with cheese. But the best one I've tasted was a grilled one with fried onions like you put on hot dogs and then mustard. I think it was mustard, I'm pretty sure it was. I don't remember what was on it but it tasted great.

If I was going to make the ultimate sandwich, I would start with lots and lots of bacon.. Yeah, put that fat and greasy bacon on there.. I'm just making this up, let's see here, I would put tons of cheese and a tiny bit of cider cheese. Some onion based spices, then put some mustard and butter in there. I'll put some ham in there as well, a bit of chicken as well. Then just so I won't become fat, I would add a bit of vegetables like a tomato. Then a bit of ketchup and some mayonnaise... Damn, that sandwich sure is hot. Now for the final ingredient, I would make a big sandwich, which will be surrounding the smaller one.. Making one very big greasy, juicy and healthy sandwich.

I want that sandwich, I'll make that sandwich.

• Brohoof 2

Wow. Is that something you eat regularly? Where did you even find that? It sounds messy. I like that you included challa. My people have such amazing cuisine... until they start fishing...

Personally, I would have to go with a roma tomato caprese (tomato, mozarella, basil) sandwich with basil pecan pesto, chopped taragon, and light balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar, dark brown sugar, olive oil, nice and simple) on fresh baked ciabatta.

Sorry, I don't have a picture of that exactly, but it would look a bit like this:

Caprese+Sandwich+Open+500.jpg

Edited by DenialZombie

I use Italian dressing for the sauce, then lettuce red onion for veggies followed by ham Salami and cappicola for meat and fresh ground black pepper on a white sub roll maybe with provolone cheese

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh my god reading these makes me so damn hungry :<

Wow. Is that something you eat regularly? Where did you even find that? It sounds messy. I like that you included challa. My people have such amazing cuisine... until they start fishing...

My sandwich is very Israeli, like, hummus, pickles, Swedish cabbage? all that is going around my country like bacon in america. And yes, it is messy, I like it messy and juicy :>

Edited by Noazark

I had no idea Swedish cabbage was a thing in Israel... or at all. Wait a moment while I google Swedish cabbage... OH THAT'S WHAT THAT'S CALLED! I had that stuff in Austria all the time, and in Prague they even made it spicey!

Speaking of, I had this weird sandwich-torte thing in Prague. It was open-faced on some kind of toast with three layes of bakes white cheese smothered in olive oil and black pepper, with sauteed peppers and... pimentos(I think?). It was served with spicey cabbage, and dear lord I cried and it was only half from all the spice and heat!

Of course, now that you say Israel, the hummus and pickles makes sense.

You want an American sandwich? The Elvis:

Start with white or wheat bread (The King used white), spread one slice with peanut butter, and spread the other with cream cheese. Now slice up a banana, and stuff the slices between. Then grill the whole thing until the cheese melts and the banana caramelizes. Blow it off until you can just barely tolerate the heat, and bring a towel when you eat this, because it's even messier than your first sandwich.

That is as American as it gets, and anyone who disagrees can tell Elvis Presley's ghost.

• Brohoof 1

I have 3 "ultimate sandwhiches" first up is the Italian Beef which is an Italian roast beef sandwhich typically served with fries and an Au Jus sauce for dipping the sandwhich.

beef-sandwich-su-633474-l.jpg

Secondly is the Mufaletta which was a sandwhich that used to be served at this Italian restaurant my Dad used to own. It is two pieces of Italian flat bread with ham. turkey, lettuce tomato, a special olive spread and provolone cheese served hot (except I don't get mine with lettuce and tomato and prefer Italian dressing over the olive spread).

muffaletta1.jpg

The 3rd is this one sandwhich served at this Italian restaurant/deli that I have gone to a few times it is Capicolla (Italian cured ham), Cotto Salami, Mortadella, and provolone cheese served hot (I usually get it with 2 big slices of pizza.).

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm Let's see. A turkey PBJ combo. 

This is the stacking order (From bottom to top)
Bread

Turkey slice
Butter
Salami slice
Pickles
Capers
Bread 

Peanut butter (super chunky)
Nutella and jelly on another slice of bear

Slam it on the top. DONE> Ultimate sweet and salty combo.

Oh,some mayo and mustard, because sometimes it's too dry 

Edited by Sir. Rayray
  • Brohoof 2

I have 3 "ultimate sandwhiches" first up is the Italian Beef which is an Italian roast beef sandwhich typically served with fries and an Au Jus sauce for dipping the sandwhich.

img-1951623-1-beef-sandwich-su-633474-l.

Secondly is the Mufaletta which was a sandwhich that used to be served at this Italian restaurant my Dad used to own. It is two pieces of Italian flat bread with ham. turkey, lettuce tomato, a special olive spread and provolone cheese served hot (except I don't get mine with lettuce and tomato and prefer Italian dressing over the olive spread).

img-1951623-2-muffaletta1.jpg

The 3rd is this one sandwhich served at this Italian restaurant/deli that I have gone to a few times it is Capicolla (Italian cured ham), Cotto Salami, Mortadella, and provolone cheese served hot (I usually get it with 2 big slices of pizza.).

I'm getting the impression that you like Italian sandwiches...

Basic psychic training, you know.

Twenty-three characters to go!

Edited by DenialZombie

Simple, really nicely done egg and cress!

It may not be the best, but it is easy to do daily and means that I can eat away from home and still feel like I'm eating good food :)

+ brown bread always :D

(I am a perfectly healthy teenager not does not eat this sandwich often)

*old Chinese kung fu master movie voice* get ready for *dun dun dun* the sandwich of Orion. A sandwich on rye bread with the ingredients in this order from bottom to up: a thin layer of barbeque sauce, half pound patty that is Half-bacon half-beef, thick cut bacon, grilled and diced onions, more barbeque sauce, and tomatoes.*end voice*

But hey what do I know about sandwiches

Edited by Fluttershysguy

I'm fine with a regular sandwich, just put some sort of lunch meat, and some mustard, and then I'll be happy,

But don't forget to add the most important part;

Lobster Soul.

Ah why do we keep getting a bunch of threads like this xD I'm getting hungry lol

but wow this is impossible..

These for the bread...

recept-tekakor-stor_118450542.jpg

And then um butter of course, and... MJUKOST  idk what that is in enlish and I'm too lazy to translate. Creamy cheese or something? idk. But yeah that with taste of BACON! (we have looooads and loads of those in sweden, like we got everything in a tube here..

Mjukost_250g_baconost.jpg

and um..  Salty cucumber... Like pickles, but not really.

faersksaltad_saltgurka_paa_vintern.jpg

and uuhm also I would want like ham for sandwiches.. And also... liverwurst BUT I just googled it and it looks disgusting.. Poor you americans :v I mean those that looks like this...

68fa34a5bb4a8c12cb0be29e96733d1a.png

and of course...

We can't forget the cheese <3

• Brohoof 1

toasted bread

bacon, lots of bacon

scrambled eggs

melted cheddar cheese

i love breakfasty food so it works :)

that's tied with a roast beef sandwich with arby's sauce <3

Here's a challenge: Think of and describe a sandwich you like as much as the above listings that does not have bacon or ham, so I can make them for my kosher family. Please and thanks! (We still love beef and chicken!)

• Brohoof 1

A sandwich with 1cm thick Nuttella.

However, I am NOT interested in unicorn meat! I'd cry if I had to eat unicorn meat. sad.png

What if I was eating Twilight Sparkle or Rarity! That would be terrible!

Nutella is much better.

foto_1_nutella.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I really like the sandwiches from Subway, so I'll just be posting what I usually get.

Toasted white bread with cheese, along with chicken teriyaki. Add some lettuce, black olives and cucumbers. Then the thousand island, sweet onion and honey mustard sauces and you've got my ultimate sandwich!

This is how is basically looks like

RPLC_Sweet_Onion_Chicken_Teriyaki.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Here's a challenge: Think of and describe a sandwich you like as much as the above listings that does not have bacon or ham, so I can make them for my kosher family. Please and thanks! (We still love beef and chicken!)

Challenge accepted, I already mentioned the Italian Beef so what else do I have in the old bag of tricks? I forget what is is called but my aunt who was the head chef at my Dad's restaurant sometimes makes this flat beef that makes a killer sandwhich. She takes the meat pounds it out flat puts extra virgin olive oil on it and puts it in her special blend of bread crumbs made from fresh Italian bread, oregano, real pecorino parmigean and Italian parsely and bakes in the oven. The meat in question is fairly cheap as it is the same meat used to make carne asada. Put some mozarella or provolone or maybe even both and a little mustard and you have one killer sandwhich. Also this dish called Ma's chicken that was served at my Dad's old restaurant also makes a good sandwhich all you need to do is the same thing I described for the flat meat except with chicken breasts instead and there you go. I sometimes barbeque the chicken breasts when I make Ma's chicken and my Mom has used chicken cutlets a few times and it turned out great.

• Brohoof 1