Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how many seasons do you want?

FNGRpony

Okay, not many people if any wanted to call it a wrap at season 3.

soooooooooooo

lets fast forward.

Not including season 4 cause it's already coming, and in fact likely finished,

How many more seasons do you need?

I'd say two more, because that would double the current amount of episodes we have access to. 

Notice i said need lol.  And asking for double seems like a good place to start.

I agree, having double sounds like a solid plan(need).  If I were to say how many seasons I wanted total, I'd say about 6 or 7.  8 seems a bit long but 6 is too short I think, 7 seems perfect to me.  But then of course there is the question that there might be an uneven amount of episodes, which really bothers me.  But i'd say for now I'm happy that there is a season 4, and everything seems to be going good with the show.

Edited by SidewaysFillies

Depends, King of the Hill was able to stay consistant in its quality for 13 seasons, but I would say 5-7 should be a healthy amount

Enough for it to conclude properly with no loose ends. That would be all I'd ask for.  Even if for some reason that came at the end of S4 i'd be ok with it, though i'd like it if they at least fleshed it out enough to get a S5 in :)

• Brohoof 3

Enough to where we get plenty of episodes but not so much as to where it starts to get stale, there are plenty of things that can be done with the mane 6, the CMC and even some secondary characters and perhaps even background ponies enough to where G4 could be potentially be the longest generation since G1 and yet maintain its quality.

• Brohoof 3

As many as they can do well. There is a huge world to explore, so many questions to be answered and new questions to ask. That's the beuty of world building, there's just so much to expand upon and tell. My little pony now has what Transformers has developed, an interesting world with rules key characters and some history. Season 4 is it seems already giving us some great expansion of the lore, I want more of that. Until they run out of ideas or decide on a perfect ending to the series resolving the character arches, Ill be very happy to see them continue.

• Brohoof 3

The SCP foundation has a file in their database that tells exactly how many episodes and seasons will be in the show as well as the date it ends.

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Fan-tucking-fastic. Should have seen that one coming.

Maybe we should just watch the show and find out that way.

I would probably like to see six seasons or at least five. It would not be that hard to utilize more ideas for new episodes. They can add a few new characters and resolve some issues surrounding character flaws and other content.

I don’t think I can put an exact amount on how many seasons I want:

I’d want enough seasons of the show so they don’t ‘jump the shark’ as the old saying goes, but they go on enough to explore as much as they can.

I'd love as many seasons as they manage to keep the show good. Simple as that, most of the shows that had million seasons lost their "charm" after 6th one for example. I don't want it to happen to my ponies, no, I'd hate it to happen!

So, generally, stop when you lose GOOD and ORIGINAL ideas for the next season. It could be after 5th, or 10th, it doesn't really matter. Just don't ruin the show.

Since MLP has a defined storyline, I would employ what I like to call the law of continuity.

In shows like Spongebob and the Simpsons, each episode is a self-contained plot capsule. All conflicts are established and resolved in the course of an episode or two, with little to no overall storyline. Shows like this can go on almost indefinitely, so long as the creators keep coming up with good plots and comedy. The lack of of a continuous plot means that you don't have to worry about connecting dots, or resolving any larger issues.

But in shows like MLP, where there is an overall plot arc, it would be infuriating to have long-term storylines and conflicts go on indefinitely. As such, MLP, if I am to be happy with it, should eventually come to an end. I would rather have it end with a bang then to see it die out slowly like other shows *coughfairlyoddparentscoughcough.*

That being said, what is my view on quantity? Basically, as long as the show's progression rate allows. I wouldn't want plot and character development to be slowed down for the sake of making it last longer. As long as the current path takes to reach the resolution of all of the character arcs is the limit of how long the show should be. Since I don't really measure a show's progression rate, I can't give a number. But I feel like I would want at least 5 seasons, if it doesn't affect the progression too much.

But, I will want an end to the show eventually. If executed properly, and end can make a series even better. Shining examples of well-wrapped up stories are Bionicle, and Avatar: The Last Airbender. And these are stories which still resonate with me, and which I always revisit due to their overall execution and well-resolved plots. I want MLP to share that level of resonance, with all of the loose ends tied, as opposed to a case where the writers struggle to find new ideas, or clamour to create new plots to desperately keep the show going.

Edited by BalanceBrony
  • Brohoof 3

Enough for it to conclude properly with no loose ends. That would be all I'd ask for.  Even if for some reason that came at the end of S4 i'd be ok with it, though i'd like it if they at least fleshed it out enough to get a S5 in smile.png

This. All I need is for all of the plot to finish and all loose ends tied. Things such as the CMC getting their cutie marks, Twilight getting some kind of position fit for a princess, and of course the villains dealt with. Of course there are more things, but with all these things and the others finished, I would be satisfied with the show.

I would preffer a continuos, it continues with advancements, not just keeping characters the same. Unlike pokemon, where ash stays the same forever, but actuall advancments. Thats all i need to say on the topic.

It's hard to say. I'd be disappointed if they stopped any time soon, but I'd also be sad if it went on forever, gradually getting worse and worse as each season goes past, like a few shows I can think of... *cough* The Simpsons *cough*.

I can't really give a definite answer right now.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like it when a show keeps going on and on, especially since most of them start deteriorating in quality after around 5 or 6 seasons. I think MLP could go on for a few more seasons, but I don't want it going as long as 8 or 9 seasons. I think the maximum should be 6 seasons. Any longer would feel kind of weird, since Twilight would be an Alicorn longer than her original unicorn form, which would feel really weird to me.

I would say 5-6 seasons would be nice, as long as they don't go downhill with it. Also another movie with actual ponies would be nice. #sixseasonsandamovie

You found the loop hole ^^.

I simply said how many seasons you need.  I never said there would be a cap on the movies after the show expired.

There's an obviously the problem that unlike Equistra girls you can shrug your shoulders if it sucks,

if they made mlp fim movies after the show,

it wouldn't just be enough for them to not suck or be alright  ^^.

I only want as many seasons is needed. They should be able to pander everything out within season 5 which is where I believe it needs to stop. In general most shows begin to decline at thier 5th season so I think it would be best if MLP ended there.

• Brohoof 1

I only want as many seasons is needed. They should be able to pander everything out within season 5 which is where I believe it needs to stop. In general most shows begin to decline at thier 5th season so I think it would be best if MLP ended there.

This is just me, when i say "what i need."

i'm not implying i need the show to die if i ever get done with it, before it's done.  I can't imagine it this moment.

But if i'm understanding you right ,

you want the show to die before

their even go any where near anything you don't like?

I mean ever think their are people out there who might enjoy some of those things?

The whole "it needs to die before the other side gets their turn to be happy."

seems well petty.

Well technically it won't 'die' but rather end to make way for a possible G5. And don't forget, I'm pretty sure everyone at somepoint has seen a show they love devolve into mush. Theres nothing petty in wanting MLP: FiM to avoid that fate. :)

I don't particularly like the idea of putting expectations on the show's length. People will start saying "It's too short" or "it's too long" one way or the other instead of just letting it be and going with the flow.

This is just me, when i say "what i need."

i'm not implying i need the show to die if i ever get done with it, before it's done. I can't imagine it this moment.

But if i'm understanding you right ,

you want the show to die before

their even go any where near anything you don't like?

I mean ever think their are people out there who might enjoy some of those things?

The whole "it needs to die before the other side gets their turn to be happy."

seems well petty.

Yeah, actually they should end it early just to spark more demand for newer episodes. It's like a marketing strategy. There were was once a series that was really good that I think a good majority of people think it ended way too early. Ex: Invader Zim Yu yu Hakusho etc.