Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Increase of bronies?

Cyan Blue

It is understandable that as a fanbase grows, the amount of people the joins grows. More people share pony related things, introduce others to the show, and encourage people to watch it. The more people that do this, the more people that join. It seems like more because there are more, there are more because the fandom is growing and not shrinking.

• Brohoof 6

It does seem as though we have more bronies then we did last year around this time. The more the merrier, I always say. I think we'll do just fine with a larger fanbase. I find it interesting that this applies to my town. We only had 5 or 6 bronies this time last year now I think we have at least a minimum of 25 or so. Awesome!

More bronies in the world can only be a good thing. There needs to me more in the UK. smile.png

Agreed. I don't know any around where I live. I think I saw a guy with a pony bag once, but that was before I joined the fandom. If I saw someone with a pony bag or other accessory... I'd say hi.

Edited by Questioner
  • Brohoof 1

BronyCON had attendees that had doubled since the 2012 convention. So there is an influx of more people being introduced to the show. Especially considering that there are more Pony conventions now, than there was in the past. So yes, the fan-base is still growing, and becoming bigger.

Just wait till S4, atm the community (especially some of the others like reddit) have been growing slowly, but the moment the new season hits I'm sure we will have loads more join us :D!

It is indeed a good thing that the community is growing rather than shrinking; not only is it great for us, reaching out to more people and sharing the Magic of Friendship, but it is also INCREDIBLY good for the show!  The larger the fanbase, the longer Hasbro will want to keep it on the air, and as long as we are growing, they, from a business standpoint, would be foolish to cut it short.

Well I see what you mean. The brony fandom is getting larger and larger and because of the fact that we create so much content, have many discussions and gets a lot of attention, people are going to notice us and then some of those will go through the same things we have gone through ourselves before becoming a brony. Even though I do agree that the fandom is increasing, I think I disagree when you guys say it's growing bigger now than it did before. Back in 2012, let's say around May and the rest of the year after that, I think the brony community was expanding reaaally fast. You saw people join all the time and pony craze where going all over the place. There's still loads of activity and a lot of people are joining, but now it's more like a steady line of many people joining and a few leaving every now and then.

Now this image doesn't show the amount of bronies, because that would be impossible to say for exact. But it shows how many searches that has been done for my little pony since the show started.

u5u3Q80.png

As you can see, it's going upwards (well down right now but up if you look at the whole thing) and this clearly shows that bronies are increasing and is still very active.

I would hope so, and it definitely does seem like it. Practically every YouTube video I watch (and I watch a LOT), you scroll down far enough and there's a pony avatar staring back at you. It's great :P

I'm pretty happy about this, because I'm seeing the same thing. I think once the new season finally hits... oh the buzz. Lol. I hope to see more events around as well, like conventions. I just gotta keep an eye out I suppose.

We've had an increase in members of the fandom?  Really?  I haven't actually noticed.  I didn't think that we were getting smaller by any means, I just didn't realize our numbers were increasing.  Maybe I'm just really bad at spotting other bronies, or they avoid being open in New England for some reason.

With the fan content continuing to grow and with people continuing to upload episodes to youtube faster than they can be pulled down and more and more haters and trolls doing what haters and trolls do more and more people probably want to see what all the fuss is about. The same friend that introduced me to ponies got into ponies after seeing some pony art on deviantart and he was so impressed with it he thought it was an oc and asked the artist about them and started watching the show out of curiosity. The picture in question was this one.

my_metal_pony_02_by_niban_destikim-d49dt

Ironically enough he thought he was going to like Rainbow Dash in part because he is a Sonic fan but was put off by her arrogant, brash attitude but became a huge fan of Applejack and Zecora.

• Brohoof 1

I'd want to hope that the fandom is growing, maybe one day, bronies can take over the internet, and then the world.

Maybe one day, there will be so many bronies, it will be socially accepted for grown men and women to watch MLP.

Personally I am a fairly new brony, I became a brony about 4 months ago or so.

Hopefully we see a big spike in the fandom when Season 4 airs. smile.png

With the fan content continuing to grow and with people continuing to upload episodes to youtube faster than they can be pulled down and more and more haters and trolls doing what haters and trolls do more and more people probably want to see what all the fuss is about. The same friend that introduced me to ponies got into ponies after seeing some pony art on deviantart and he was so impressed with it he thought it was an oc and asked the artist about them and started watching the show out of curiosity. The picture in question was this one.

img-1954534-1-my_metal_pony_02_by_niban_

Ironically enough he thought he was going to like Rainbow Dash in part because he is a Sonic fan but was put off by her arrogant, brash attitude but became a huge fan of Applejack and Zecora.

Indeed! In fact Hasbro has stopped pulling down MLP episodes from YouTupe and the like, its great that they are warming up to the idea of Bronies! Again, the bigger and bigger this community gets the more Hasbro had a drive to continue the show, so the growth in numbers is wonderful!

The Pony Message is being expressed over even more mediums now, too. You can get pony merch for your Xbox Live account - for your avatar to wear and for your gamerpic. I know at least eight of my seventy or so friends have pony gamerpics. It's great.

My room is sort of the place all my friends hang out in the dorm, considering I have a couch and a TV. And I think I've hooked a few of these friends on ponies inadvertently, since I watch it sometimes while people are in the room.

So yeah, I can testify for the growth of the fandom firsthand. It's great.

I have seen a significant increase in the amount of bronies where I live. I think this year was the first time we had a meet-up, but I didn't go it :\ The number of bronies is definitely increasing, and that's great.

Edited by Noazark